Ask a firearm salesman anything

We had a breddy gud thread about this last week and I'm bored, so I figured we'd get another one going. Ask a firearm salesman anything

What's the best way to shoot yourself? I've heard going for the temple is a good way to just blind yourself.

do i have to be a gun expert to buy a used gun without risking being fucked over?

what are the main things i should look for if im considering a used gun?

how many guns have you sold without a background check

go for the brain stem

What's the level of training most of your customers have coming into purchase?

not necessarily, but even the most learned of people could miss something. Generally I stay away from private sales entirely because people are shit.

What are you looking to do with the gun? hard to tell what to look for without an intended use.

zero, Mr. ATF

Not OP, why are you trying to buy used? What gun would you be buying, as that will determine what you need to look for.

Beyond making sure the rifling in the barrel is good, I'd just make sure any moving parts are smooth and nothing jams up. Rust and shit shouldn't be built up.

I work on a military base and sell my firearms exclusively to people in the military/retirees/dependents.

I have never before seen such firearm illiteracy before in my life, and I was raised in california.

Is there any such thing as a gun show loophole? All the videos I've watched debunk it but everyone in the comments say you can buy one through a private sale. Which to my understanding is basically just a trade between two individuals. Nothing illegal about that is there?

Why are liberals fags when it comes to guns? Do they come in and buy pepper spray at least?

no. the "gunshow loophole" is, in most states, a purposeful exemption, allowing private sales between citizens.

Certain states such as my current residence have closed even that exemption, requiring background checks even for private sales

Front to back. Destroy the frontal lobe and everything that makes you human is gone, so if you survive you won't even notice you're dying.

figured as much. i already own a pistol that i bought brand new to avoid that.

going to be getting another pistol to keep in my vehicle. any recommendations? im leaning towards a sig p229. are the legion series just marketing ploys or are the differences worth the cost?

Communistfornia fag here, what gun should I get with 500 sheckles? I was thinking of a meme machine ar15, but after seeing how cucked semi auto rifles are I'm not so sure anymore (would still prefer a semi auto rifle though). I'm also willing to order parts and put it together if need be.

Also is it true gun free areas in America are a breeding ground for mass shootings? Criminal behaviours etc. due to the low risk of someone legally having gun and the criminals are able to be reprobates with little civilian intervention?

Will you buy me stuff and I'll pay you. I'm assuming you get discounts.

I'm doing an SPRish build.
Optic suggestions? I'm think a vortex or leupold in the $500 range. Thoughts? How's millet?

What receiver set do you suggest?

>zero, Mr. ATF

WHY NOT?

YOU CAN SELL GUNS AT A GUN SHOW WITHOUT A BGC? WHAT? YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR GUN SHOWS?

Thanks, so much bs I'm hearing through things arguments. I'm pretty certain one of my friends said that they learn about this "gunshow loophole" but it always seemed bullshit to me

Will a Mauser rifle copy made in Yugoslavia or Egypt be of comparable quality to an authentic German one?

Have you had any scary/worrying experiences with customers? What did you do?

What's your go to gun to have fun with?

Not op but I've bought half a dozen firearms at gun shows. Both in Pennsylvania and in Maryland. I've had to get background checks every single time taking anywhere from an hour to 10 days before I could fill out more forms and pick up my firearms. The media misinforms and deceives the public on gun culture at every tuen. Make no mistake civilians with firearms are the ONLY reason there is still a modicum of freedom in the states.

because they're fags with everything else, don't look at evidence regarding anything, and watched too much of the electric jew as children.

the only liberals I see are usually dependents who stop by to tell me I should hold myself responsible for the crime that happens in this country, even though not a single gun I've ever sold has been used in a crime

well, satan, I personally have no experience with the legion series, but I would probably avoid it because sigs are expensive and very high quality as it is.

personally, my vehicle gun is a little .25 ACP in the glove box. I'm deaf enough as it is, and I won't use the Glock 19 on my hip until I'm out in the open or unless I have no other choice.

use those shekels to rent a UHaul and escape that shitty state.

look at crime in chicago or washington DC. both "gun-free" zones, both ridiculously high in gun crime.

I'm not buying you shit, I don't get discounts. And honestly, I don't know shit about optics, and your best bet for advice on receivers will be the AR general threads on /k/

What is your opinion of the Fostech Echo Trigger?

I think its really excellent and same with other dual-shot triggers but it seems this one is (purported?) to be the best functioning of them.

Just my IMO but I think if its reliable and remains legal its actually better than Full Auto.

And better than that silly Slide Fire BS (I mean thats awesome but OMG the price is butterface).

So this gunshow loophole nonsense is basically just bs spread by liberals. Should have figured as much but lol

Do you sell to niggers?

I'm a medical marijuana patient, I heard you're not allowed to own guns if that's the case. Can you confirm?

Liberals are just communist masterbaters they protest gun ownership until their on their knees staring into a 12 foot ditch with someone's muzzle poking at the back of their head

>YOU CAN SELL GUNS AT A GUN SHOW WITHOUT A BGC

the receiver/frame is what is legally the gun, you fucking idiot. kill yourself.

don't know about the egyptian ones, but a Yugoslavian M48 is made on the exact equipment the Germans used, as the russians took it over after the war.

in my current place of work, mostly dealing with retards who just don't know anything about how a gun works (see: military). however, I have previously worked in a regular gun store, and we'd often get junkies coming in to sell their problem solvaz and we'd have to say "sorry, not interested. that gun's a slow seller" or whatever.

my go-tos for fun are my Lugers

Cheapest semi auto weapons run in the neighborhood of ~$150-200

So why is it the fuck that an AR-15 costs bare minimum 500. Its the same fucking principals at work its just got some more metal. Last time i checked metal only costs a few bucks a pound at most.

i mean is there some secret patent or court decision that forces manufacturers to pay royalties on each one?

If the 2nd Amendment is part of the Constitution which is FEDERAL, then why the fuck do States have the right to make their own fucking individual gun laws? In Commifornia you can't own a BB gun, while in Nevada you can buy a .50 caliber machine gun with a silencer and a grenade launcher. I mean, WTF!?

iirc that thing has a non auto sear that prevents hammer follow. Should let you run your AR as fast as physically possible. *cough*HK trigger pack*cough*.

Yeah figured as much. These added gun laws just affect the law abiding citizens the most. Criminals will always do criminal shit. My friend got majority pissed when I said that the gun free zones don't do shit to curb crime. I didn't even now Chicago is a gun free zone, that's case study No. 1 for how gun laws don't effect shit

what do you think of the savage 11 scout, vs a sw mp15?

different platforms, so its apples aND oranges but I want something simple and reliable that can be used for hunting and home defense.

don't know why I have a hard on for the scout but I do. convince me why I should get an AR vs a scout rifle

Have you ever inserted a guns barrel into your anus and jerked off at the danger from it?

>Silence
Suppressor is the correct term, but I have no fucking clue. Also OP, do you laugh at people who buy 22lr guns? I get a lot of shit from caliber fags when I tell them I own 2 22lrs.

Its not your pistols and shotguns that Gun Control is really aimed at, though it is a stepping stone.

They wanna get your .308s and .338s and .30-06's

Because thats whats dangerous to martial law and invading armies.

How does it feel to be working retail?

Best shotgun for a female, first shotgun purchase?

>the receiver/frame is what is legally the gun

The lower receiver is the definition of a gun. SO WHAT, FUCK FACE? Has nothing to do with selling a gun at a gun show, shit for brains, Which you're obviously too much of a pussy to do. Oh, ATF, scary, wwaaaaa, I'm scared of those big meanies. FUCKING FAGGOT.

Owns .22s.

Litterally the definition of a faggot.

>tfw muh shall not be infringed rights are being infringed
>why go on

Besides the cucked gun laws, this state is nice.

Thanks. One more.

I've noticed mosin-nagants are becoming more expensive lately. What was a $95 gun a few years ago is now closer to $150-$200.

Is there another meme rifle I could buy in bulk that might double in value in a few years, or is the moist-nugget still the best choice?

Hey OP

9mm or .45?

Not sure Im going to listen to Mr. Caps Lock about the definition of a faggot.

She's not really a pink gun kind of girl. More like, make, model, caliber suggestion. Thanks though.

pick a remington 870 that you like the ergonomics of. ie: shoot some and pick the one you like.

If you have an FFL, you are legally obligated to perform a background check on sales at a gunshow. There is literally no such thing as the gunshow loophole. Just a buzzword made up to try and dissolve the social gun culture of the US by banning gun shows.

Not this shit..

unfortunately, yes (again, see: military). it's an excruciating experience every time since they're extra retarded, and on top of that, cheap.

one of the questions asked on the 4473 (federal form for background checks) is
>are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana...
so from a federal law standpoint, I couldn't sell you a gun. But if you don't tell me you use marijuana, I won't know.

show me a 5.56 semi-auto for $200 dumbass.

because politicians are faggots, and the people who elect them are even bigger faggots.

I would advise against an AR for both hunting and home defense. The M&P 15 sport is probably the best deal for the price, but round itself is underpowered when it comes to hunting, and is actually illegal to hunt with in most locales because of this.

As a home defense gun, stay away from rifles. They're loud as fuck in the open outdoors, and you're creating an explosion to send a projectile at supersonic (loud) speeds in an enclosed space.

As far as the savage 11, no experience with it.

no I don't, .22s are fun, and if you use the right hollow points, it makes a formidable defense round. people who shit on it paid way too much for the guns they have, I'm sure.

ok

bad

mossberg 500 in 20 gauge. Usually right around $400, and the mossberg has more accessories for it than you'll ever be able to use.

does cabela's go to gunshows to sell their guns? no, and neither do we, faggot.

honestly couldn't tell you what would be a good investment, I'm not a jew.

9mm. fite me bitch.

.22s can still kill people, retard

Ask OP

Where can I get a nice Garand like that?

.40 cal tobh familyias

Is a mosin a good first gun purchase?

Sup gunbro.

In which state is it easiest to buy a handgun privately?

I'm a medical professional, no joke.

Best way is with a shotgun, completely in the mouth, pressing right up against your uvula, facing at a slight upward angle. It's about the only way to shoot yourself where you're pretty much guaranteed to die- any other way, I've seen people live, sometimes with really, really grisly results.

One guy seemed pretty happy after his failed temple-to-temple shot tho, basically performed a pistol lobotomy on himself. Aiming anywhere at the skull is not wise- I dissected a person in medical school, skulls are actually thick as fuck and quite difficult to break through. Shotgun pellets can be deflected in all sorts of directions. But by aiming at the back of the throat, you're hitting the portion of the brainstem that exits the spine in a very vulnerable spot, and most deflection will occur in a direction that actually aids your goal of severing the things that keep you alive.

>9mm

+P, +P+, or pussy pressure?

you want questions? I got questions:
can you talk about how you handle security?
>getting robbed would be my biggest paranoia if I picture myself working in a gun store

I guess I'm not sure if you are in a state that allows you to have conceal or open carry, or if there are special exceptions for you guys even in California-like states, or do you have loaded shotguns running the length of the under side of the counter or what?
Do you guys practice or dill robbery attempts? Is the protocol more like "blast the fool" if someone is clearly robbing you, or is it like a bank, give them what they want and call the cops? do you have silenced alarm button or some kind of per-arrangement that gets cops to you faster?
how do you handle what is probably the more vulnerable part of the business, when you get a delivery of stock? I'd think standing around outside of the store, unloading boxes of guns and ammo off the back of a truck might be unnerving. lastly, how do you deal with security when you close up and leave?

are you always paranoid when you are working? I'd be paranoid as shit, probably quit in 2 days due to stress

>one of the questions asked on the 4473 (federal form for background checks) is
>>are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana...
>so from a federal law standpoint, I couldn't sell you a gun. But if you don't tell me you use marijuana, I won't know.
Sounds good, thanks bro

will a 9mm take down a black bear with 5 or less shots?

Hey, would it be worth the trouble to get a FFL so I can enjoy funs and also do transfers for friends as a side gig? Or is having the ATF in my business quash all benefits?

Also, you know if Black Rock Ordnance any good? Was looking for something that's not A, B, or C but not as pricey like Daniel Defense, Noveske, etc.

Might go for their BRO SPEC 15 line. Might build one/buy an URG and pin it to a lower.

Thanks

>show me a 5.56 semi-auto for $200 dumbass.

Might be able to find a good used mini-14 for that. There are a lof of them around and they never really die.

How did you get into your job, I was interested in working in a gun store.

At a gun show in Texas. No paperwork required

Minis are more than ARs these days. Might be because they don't have evil assault features or something but they're pretty pricey now.

is 10mm the god tier pistol cartridge for me?

I got a sig p226 works fucking great never had a jam in over 3000 rounds shot. I got the combat version coz memes.

OP is some dumbass hick $8 per hour "pawnshop clerk" who wouldn't know the difference between .223 and 5.56 unless he Googled it. He's a POS retard.

What state has the best gun laws? I just curious.

You sound mad

go to local gun shops, cabelas/gander mountain till you find one, that's basically what I did.

or if you want to spend $1800, Fulton Armory makes new ones.

if you can find one for cheap, yes. The major appeal of the Mosin was its cheap price, and the supply of surplus ammo, but those days appear to be over.

probably arizona, I don't know.

nigger, let me shoot you with some hornady critical defense 9mm and see how you like it.

I'm relatively paranoid. As previously stated, I work on a military base, so there's always the threat of turrism or some retard soldier snapping, but I have a plan to have a loaded gun ASAP in an active shooter situation.

When I worked at a normal gun shop, I jut had a loaded gun on my hip so no concern there.

if the black bear is already dead, yeah.

the ATF is no longer issuing FFLs to people in their homes, you'd have to get a storefront. As far as the ARs, I'd again direct you toward the AR general threads on /k/

no.

literally googled (company) careers, then saw they had an opening at the gun counter and applied. Got the previous job by making friends with the employees, who then told me to drop off a resume.

>9mm vs bear.

I'd go mace over a pistol that can BEARly kill people.

Can you mail me a gun eh buddy

It's overpriced tier for what it does.

You might remember me. I was the guy saying you would bear a level of moral culpability if someone used a gun you sold him in the commission of a crime.

I think that you're a fucked up fucking loser.

Let me get something straight: you don't make the guns yourself. That would require intelligence and an ability to work with your hands. You simply... sell guns to people? Why are you even necessary at all? Why couldn't I go to a guy who makes guns and buy one from him?

Your job is fuckin' useless. Kinda like how in my state (Oregon) we have to pay people to pump our gasoline for us. You're a useless sack of shit, bro. Anyone could do your job.

I see you're a gangster. I'm pretty gangster myself.

>nigger, let me shoot you with some hornady critical defense 9mm and see how you like it.

>I limp-wrist my pistols because I'm a faggot, so I need something that doesn't hurt when I shoot it.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

BULLSHIT, asswipe. I was just at the Las Vegas Gun Show last weekend and bought two ARs and a pistol from three different FFL dealers with NO background check whatsoever. The FFLs write up a bill of sale, ask you if you are a felon, take your money, and hand you the guns.

What the fuck are you even writing here?

how does the new nfa regulations impact someone looking to buy a supressor? the atf e-file site is even more convoluted and i dont know what to do, but i want one.

I got a .223 Wylde, talk about a cool as shit gun.

Why can I not find fucking FN FAL mags anywhere?!?
Goddamit, my RFB needs more mags!!!!

Also, what should be my next purchase?

this. Looked at a skeleton once, the brain hole seemed kinda small. I didnt look at the thickness though, was more focused on the shelf like shape of the skull for the frontal lobes.

When the brain realizes what your about to do, it will try to pull the gun away at the last second, usually fucking up the shot and blowing your jaw off or something.

>look mom, I'm projecting

>will a 9mm take down a black bear with 5 or less shots?

Use high penetration ammo for sure but a lot depends on how pissed off the bear is. Black bears are pretty tame usually and won't really fuck with you. Against a grizzly you are dead and a polar bear won't even know it got shot.

You really want a 12ga shotgun with slugs.

Kek. If you were so smart you'd know statistically .22lr is the second best round for home defense topped only by .380. I believe the dumbass hick is you.

I own a PX4 Storm Compact in 9mm and the rotating barrel absorbs something like 10-12% of the recoil by converting it into centrifugal motion.

Not because I can't handle the recoil or because it hurts... but because I like 9mm for it's cheapness, it's accuracy, and capacity.

gtfo faggot

you tell me. your collection is worth more than my new car

Why is every gun salesman & range master universally a gigantic asshole? You get to work with guns all day, and yet cab drivers have better dispositions than you. Cheer the fuck up already, or at least put a better face on when dealing with white people. We're the guys that actually have money.

BULLSHIT I SHOOT DEAGLE .50!!!!!!!!!11

Do you prefer Jello pudding for fruit flavored gelatin?

>.22 against some raging meth head

I worked 10 months in a farm supply store in the gun section. Sold more than 2000 firearms. feels good man.

give examples? that's disturbing

checked

what do I look like, some sort of faggot? Jello pudding all the way.

guns for show or knives for a pro?

Lol. What ride did you get?
Well, here's my new ride, if it helps.

I'm thinking of getting a mare's leg