Just watched pic related. I thought it was pretty decent, on par with Only Yesterday...

Just watched pic related. I thought it was pretty decent, on par with Only Yesterday. What is the best non-Miyazaki entry in the Ghibli catalog? Best overall?

Whisper of the Heart is comfy as fuck

bump

i ended up really liking it too. it had an immersiveness that went beyond the story. maybe it was just the art design

It was actually pretty good but it was still Studio Ghibli's weakest, even below Tales from Earthsea which isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Also, my favorite non-Miyazaki/Takahata Ghibli film is When Marnie Was There.

My favorite Ghibli film is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

Whisper of the heart overall
best miyazaki is porco rosso
they are all good though, undeniable quality films

I know it has nothing to do with op, but what did you think of Perfect blue?

Kon makes pure kino.

Yes Paranoia agent was a wild ride. Is the English dub decent?

I must have stepped through a wormhole on accident because it sure is Sup Forums in here

Sorry for disturbing your Rick & Marty, star wars shitposting and repeated memes.

No. Watch it subbed you pleb.

Dubs are not as bad as old Bruce Lee movies were and thinking about non anime fans watching it.

not as bad but still bad, It's pretty rare to get a good dub that fits the characters etc outside of the Ghibli films which are handled by Disney

I do prefer dubs because I can hear the acting better, but I have no problem with subs.

Best horror film since PSYCHO

I get the opposite, I can hear more range of emotions etc from the original audio they probably get better direction too
after a while it just sounds like the english actors are playing the same characters in every movie or series

I hope that's a happy reaction.
The pool of dub actors is pretty low, so you hear the same guys all the time. That's why the Disney dubs are great, they have a bigger budget. I understand why the original have better direction, but sadly it sounds like gibberish to me.

Something that could've been made in live action.

fpbp

Earthsea is true trash.

They did that with Natalie Portman.