So can we all agree that this is a great show and that the only reason people on this board hate it is because it's...

So can we all agree that this is a great show and that the only reason people on this board hate it is because it's popular?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7u0mKh_m0Rc?t=45s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree OP

Your next line is" "reddit"!

You have a funny definition of popular, maybe in Burgerland

It's decent

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's whats selling Rick and Morty

You lost the culture war
>alt-right cuck dies of shock

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

It's my favoritest show.

Never seen it and have no intention of doing so, but it's easily my favorite show based on how mad it makes you know who.

>We want the Sup Forums audience

>spams his autistic wall of text pasta with le epic fedora man 24/7
>he doesn't think he's the raging neckbeard autist

It's a good show, but it's worldview is basically Sup Forums circa 2008.

As such, Sup Forums considers it old hat, very much like the simplified Sup Forums memes that are greeted on Reddit in much the same way that a cargo cult worships coke bottles and plastic bags.

It's Plebbit the show and the reason we hate it is the same reason we hate you. Because Reddit is shit.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditard to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.

It's clearly a polarising show, due to the constant bickering this show causes.

I'm not a fan but I think some episodes had amusing concepts and good visual candy in the form of imaginative scenery.

Overall I think it has the potential to become a really good show but at the moment it's at Simpsons Season 1 levels of character development.

It's pretty obvious Roiland inserts his fetishes into the show, the girl pisses her pants a couple of times as well.

what, I don't remember any of that

It's decent

The fanbase pisses me off to no end though. This is a show for pseudo-adults that want to be edgy and have strong opinions about something but only in the most nondescript way possible.

Describing what this show even is is a challenge. It's a cartoon of a kid and an old guy dicking around and performing various experiments. It's not funny, it's not intelligently written, it's not weird and it has almost no memorable moments. It's the amalgamation of a snide pseudo-mature 30 something going "haha le epic and random" without doing or accomplishing anything

These are the same people that would say shows like Family Guy are crap because "the humor is lazy and shallow" and then tell you that this is their favourite cartoon but never justify what's supposed to be better about it

I can definitely see the fanbase being notoriously bad but I've never actually witnessed it, all I've seen them do is animate a courtroom reading done by Justin Roiland and that's it, and that's not even bad.

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.

youtu.be/7u0mKh_m0Rc?t=45s
I think it was in the new episode as well, I don't remember it that well but there was at least 1 other instance

What the hell did you just freaking say about me, you little bobby? I'll have you know I graduated at the top of my class in the sales of propane and propane acessories, and I've been involved in numerous secret propane raids on Thatherton Fuels, and I have over 300 confirmed sales. I am trained in grilla warfare and I'm the top salesman in the entire Strickland Propane company. I will wipe you the hell out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in arlen, mark my god danged words. You think you can get away with saying that crap to me over the phone? Think again, boy. As we speak I am contacting my group of redneck friends across the street and your number is being traced right now so you better prepare for hell, hippie. The hell that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your charcoal grill. You're freaking dead, boy. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can sell to you in over 700 different ways. and thats just with my grill catalog. Not only am I extensively trained in the sales of propane and propane acessories, but I have access to the entire propane and grill stock of Strickland Propane and I will use it to its full extent to sell you a grill thats off the face of the great USA, you little democrat. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" charcoal grill was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your freaking money. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price you god danged idiot. I will spill propane all over you and you will drown in it. You're freaking buying, customer.

>It's decent
>describes the show as having no positive qualities
you sound confused

>rare anti-god jokes

that's literally what the whole show is, stop lying

Stop taking the bait you morons

>two mentions of God in the entire series
>the whole show is a mockery of Christianity!!!
why are you christcucks such massive pussies? you're the majority for fuck's sake

that's just one instance and it's not a super out there concept
it's like claiming every show that has a giant women in it has a writer who has a fetish for giantesses

go work on season 3 justin

That's about the size of it OP.
Just like Sup Forums the posters on Sup Forums are a bunch of contrarians because they pretend to hate something just because it's poplar and it's supposedly "cool" to hate what's popular!

>both boards are filled with plebs!

>he thinks Reddit and Memey is 'cool'

Are you 12?

>replying to pasta
How's it going reddit? Enjoying shitting up our board like the faggot you are?

Why is this shit constantly on a board for live action films and shows, and why is the old guy constantly drooling?