Thoughts on this Sup Forums?

variety.com/2017/tv/news/wheel-of-time-tv-series-sony-1202390897/

I just hope the White Walkers don't look too fake

>Sony

>sony

>sony
>we want the GOT audience

>Sonny

I dropped the first book halfway through because all the female characters were completely insufferable. In an time when pandering to feminists is considered profitable, and because Sony is thunderously incompetent, I'd wager this is going to range from bafflingly bad to unwatchable.

>Sony
NOOOOOOO

>Sony

NO MORE DAMMIT

Just sell the fucking studio already, you Japs.

I just hope the hobbits don't look too fake.

>sony
So all white males changed to black males and white females?

Literally propped up on vidya, so many faggots going HURR HURR SONY GOING BANKRUPT THEY GON' DIE and ten years later still in the game

Fantasy trash. Who gives a shit

I liked most of the books, the middle 4-5 were boring as fuck, coincidentally that's where most of the female-centric chapters are located, and those tended to be boring as fuck. Hopefully Sony can do the series justice (not counting on it).

A shit book series produced by a shit company.

Figures

book 4 was the only good one, and only the Perrin loses his shit and goes braveheart hunting trollocs.

Can't wait to alter The Expanse copypasta for this

First 2 and last 3 were definitely the high points in the series, I guess 4 was ok. I really enjoyed the character development of the main 3 over the series. Perrin from shy guy to monster hunting king was pretty neat.

I remember the first couple being kinda interesting but the rest of them were a real chore to get through I dunno why I did it to myself

I've heard this has a ton of femdom

Remember when Columbia made good movies?

They were already 10 times bigger than competitors when they propped so they'll be the last to die. Doesn't mean they're doing well.

after 12 or 13 books, i forget how many there were, there was only 1 good female character. mat cauthon was the best male character and ill fight anyone who says otherwise

They should adapt books 1-3, spend half of a season on books 4-10, then skip ahead to book 11

Audio booked the whole series 3 times hope they wont fuck it up like that trailer they showed

>Literally propped up on vidya
Literally not true

Sony is good at crushing tiny companies. They're shit at competing against megacorps like them though.

playstation is literally the only reason sony is still a company. leave it to video games to have to save movies and tv

Mat>Rand>Rodel Ituralde>Baldhere>Perrin

>BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE GOOD PEOPLE AT SONY

I dropped it somewhere around book 7 when there was a long ass boat ride.

I keep thinking I'll go back and finish it, but there's literally an endless amount of other things to read.

He should of just ended it at 3 (4?). It was obviously written that way, considering the big bad was retconned to be only a disciple.

>Mat first

this guy fucks

>there was only 1 good female character
I liked Verin, Min and Lanfear.

Seriously, nothing at all main-plot relevant happened in 6 fucking books, it's insane, it was just girls sighing at each other and swishing their skirts during inane white tower politics for weeks.

blood and bloody ashes, we have to fight now

You fucked yourself m8.
Gets really good again from like 11-14.
I think 12 and 13 were my favorites.
Those middle books are some serious fan-killers.

>playstation is literally the only reason sony is still a company
Not at all true. Sony makes far more money selling insurance than the Playstation line could ever bring in.

min was the one i was thinking, but you are right, verin was ok too. one of those aile women who followed rand around i liked to but i cant recall her name, sulin maybe, the chic who wore a dress for a while for punishment

A lot of it is simply world-building, which I enjoyed, not everything needs to further the plot imo. But I recognize that not everyone have the necessary autism for that.
Fuck the endless kindnapping plotline though.

A few of the aiel were acceptable simply because they didn't spend their time sighing and complaining about men in their POV chapters like all the others.

hurr im not a hero
>does heroic thing

You best not be talking about Dumai's Well, that's one of the coolest scenes in the entire series. We get to see the male channelers get their collars taken off for the first time.

But you might be talking about some other kidnapping from the boring swamp that is the middle that I can't recall.

I do love Sanderson's writing. I'm sure I'll get back some day.

>I dropped it somewhere around book 7 when there was a long ass boat ride.

Got a third into 4th book before I had to take a break.

i think hes talknig about perrin and faile

Nah, that part is over with reasonably quickly and is really cool. got it right.

READ MISTBORN ITS SO GOOD THE FIRST 3 ARE AMAZING

It's chance m8, he's been deliberately fucked by fate, he just wants to go be a nobody and drink, and bad shit happens that forces him into it. It's a funny trait that makes him likable. Sort of the Caiaphas Cain of the WoT universe.

>dumais well
probably the best chapter overall. ashaman doing ashaman stuff, perrin and wolves doing wolf stuff, aes sedai doing that thing to rand, i dont know how to spoiler so i wont say. good chapter

maybe the battles but he goes out of his way to do heroic things for girls he barely knows like aludra and those horrible aes sedai in ebou dar

not him, but i couldnt even make it through the first mistborn book. i did however really enjoy the 2 way of kings books, really looking forward to the next one

So, casting?

I know seeing as it's a GoTesque show there won't be any big names, but who in real life would be your ideal representation of characters?

rand breaking out of the box and going operator on aes sedai one by one was fucking cool

Control+S

Rand has to be someone really tall and he's a redhead if I recall correctly...dunno if an actor exists to fit the image of him.

Mat could probably literally be anyone.

>rand and min captured
>guards slap min about
>Rand literally flips out and kills 3 guys before they get him under control again

and let's not forget

ASHAMAN

KILL

give it a chance theres some great twists

jesus christ that shit was cool. literally unarmed starving and beaten rand somehow kills a warder steals his sword and kills to others

like this?
thanks user

i failed that one

It's okay

The sword styles/stances were a really neat element, Boar Crashing Through Woods motherfucker.

Do you guys think they're going to cast actresses with big ol' titties since everyone is always crossing their arms over their bosoms?

nynave has to be a chesty woman, lan wouldnt get with no stick. and mats queen girlfriend obviously would need large ones, same with that woman who was trying to nail perrin

Mat's queen was supposed to be short and swarthy, going to be hard to find that AND stacked.

Short stacks exist, user. It made note of her bust more than anything.

Binged read them to about book 10, took a break, really need to get back to it. But I was getting more and more annoyed with Rand's whole "women are the most precious beings alive, I cannot allow any to be harmed, even enemies, at the cost of me and all my loyal soldiers(male only) lives" shtick. It wasn't really there at the beginning, he even kills that one chick hunting him in book 3 I guess, but it kept getting worse and worse. It's a character flaw I suppose, and I thought he would get better about it after what happened at the end of book 5 or 6, but it seems to be getting worse. Does he ever get over that shit?

I think her being short and petite was more emphasized, he assumed she was underage the first few times he saw her from afar. Her being busty wasn't brought up until like the kidnapping and wooing and such.

That turns out to be one of the ways the taint is fucking with his mind, he gets over it right near the end

I am him, read all the Mistborns. Great shit. Overarching plot sometimes suffered, especially between books, but chapter by chapter it was fantastic.

Well she wasnt busty at all, Tuon herself points that out that she isn't like other women and all that they see is a small woman in a boys body, she sees it as and advantage as people will underestimate her fightning provess.
Mat points out how he usually likes busty women and finds it odd how he likes Tuon when she is the opposite to his type, not having big breasts, being noble etc.

none of them made much sense except ones that sounded more literal like Parting the Silk or Plucking the Apple or something when someones head gets cut off

he realizes how disrespectful it is to not allow woman warriors the honor of dying for him.

>Sony
I dont know what to expect.
Is Mat gonna be a black dude?

River undercuts the bank

>Wheel of Time
Cool
>Sony
it's probably going to suck

What a shame

who else is hype for
>COME AT ME IF YOU DARE SHAI'TAN
>I AM THE STORM
as rand destroys the entire seanchan army and his own men at the same time

>Tuon is now Nordic
>Mat is now black
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Mat is gonna give her his tower of midnight if you know what i mean

Really interested in how they're going to portray the progressive madness in all the male channelers, will it just be surface level "lol so random" or will they actually incorporate it into characters.

Okay, at least there is "some" justification for it, and better late than never if he gets over it.

That's what it seemed like he realized at at the end of book 5 I think, with his group of female bodyguards. But then he basically backslides on the promise he made the over the next few books.

It's going to be difficult to emote it and not make it sound stupid, as the way the books tend to show it is through internal monologue, which the show can't really do.

>Audio booked the whole series
my nigga.
how great was michael kramer's performance? nothing compaired to my nigga roy dotrice with asoiaf but still pretty top notch

i feel like audiobooking it helped me get through it all, i dont htink i would have been able to read all 14

i have a sony 4k tv...shits cash yo

The whole point of the entire series is that the shadow wants to break rand, not kill him, everything they did was to that end. Killing him would eventually just lead to the pattern spitting out another "chosen one", and wouldn't have progressed their cause.

I'm both excited and terrified.

They'll probably make Mat or Perrin black, always paint Egwene as the "right" one and the boys as completely incompetent, and probably butcher 80% of Rand's development, especially his epiphany.

But, damn if I'm not excited to see Rand declare himself the Dragon Reborn.

>inb4 the Aiel become niggers and not just tanned white people with red hair

Hope they wont fuck it up

this book series is unfilmable.
it's like 14 books, they'll do what, 2 or 3 books per season? it will fail horribly.
can you imagine the m-muh feminism?
Also, Lan is gonna be a woman, mark my words

>Tfw no pillow friend

Maybe they'd just write the entire white tower schism and faile kidnapping out of the script, that brings it down to like 6 books total.

They can easily mash some of the middle books together with nothing of value being lost. As for Lan, you're being silly, his gender is kind of important to his plot functions.

>TFW there are no black people or islam in the WoT universe

Tell me Sup Forums, how will they enrich the script?

so you mean books 1,2, the last one, and what between? an amalgamation?

general strange furtive glances and muttering to themselves, we didnt see Dashivas mind but we all knew he was clearly mad

>get to the introduction of Seanchan
>get mad as fuck about how they treat female channelers like trained animals, some of them even committing 'bestiality' with them
>years later
>thatsmyfetish.jpg

I don't know how people don't pick up on all the fetish stuff throughout the series the first time..

The book already has strong women characters.

You'd know that if you read them.

If you haven't read them and don't actually give a shit, go post this cancer in Sup Forums

Seanchan nobility are black tho

Weren't the Sharans black?