Horror movies

what happened?!

I don't understand any of this.

you forgot making 10 gajillion at the box office from a 5 dollar budget

horror is reddit: the genre

lol

cause it's just boo and then it's over

Raw just came out, your opinion is invalid.

>what happened?!

|
|>
|
|

Fellas are there any horror kinos you recommend watching?

Nothing shows the difference more than "The Haunting" and its 90s' remake.

(God I wish someone would remake "The Haunting" and do it fucking right. In other words, we never see the spirits).

>God I wish someone would remake "The Haunting" and do it fucking right. In other words, we never see the spirits

Why not just appreciate the original? Why must everything be remade?

Nothing, horror has always been a shitty genre whose best movies are either first timers (as in first slasher, first body horror, fist found footage, etc) or satires of other horror movies.

There are a few exceptions tho.

they're made with no budget and make a shitload of money because now tasteless braindead females are 50% of the consumers and they drag along their bfs with them

this kind of feminized suburban horror is truly the opposite of manly blue-collar horror like john carpenter, romero etc

hellraiser

Quality post

It doesn't need a fucking remake.

seen it already it was pretty kino

God i hate the cgi wide mouth trend

We became desensitized. Even the classic horror movies aren't scary. Not even to kids.

>Horroreddit

It has literally always been a genre about making cheap shit that sells. Nothing has changed

DELET THIS

The savior is coming

watched all the texas chainsaw movies yesterday, the 2013 sequel or whatever it is is a perfect example of this shit + it has race mixing/evil white guy

Eyes Without a Face
The Thing
Scream
Tetsuo The Iron Man
Macario
Altered States
Scary Movie
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Jacob's Ladder
House
Kwaidan
An American Werewolf in London
The Wicker Man
Drag Me to Hell
Poltergeist

Idk how you can recommend Drag Me to Hell and not any of the Evil Dead movies

y no giallo tho

Wasn't really making a list of the best, just the ones I thought they deserved to be mentioned. I also tried to avoid movies that will probably be repeated to death (evil dead, most slasher films, zombie movies, etc.).

But anyways, I liked City of the Living Dead and Macabre.

only 5 of these are worth watching

what are they Sup Forums?

the relevant question is what sells now vs what sold before? even cheap horror flicks from before had objective qualities, the attention to architecture in old gothic horror which reflected a serious dedication to the craft of set design and the creation of a cinematic atmosphere, the innovative camera work and stylish use of music in gialli, in the 80's the trend of ridiculous gore effects which forced SFX teams to be ingenuous on shoestring budgets, even the shitty 90s era of scream ripoffs at least displayed some wit and approached played out tropes with a parody sense of humor, plenty of cheap horror films have became cult film because they had subversive political themes or psychological weirdness, they at least tried to make viewers feel uneasy on a deeper subconscious level... but these contemporary PG13 horror flicks are devoid of any kind of virtue, tonally bland, no creativity whatsoever in their treatment of visual horror, etc. it's always a teenager or a young couple moving into a new suburban house and waking up in the middle of a night so they go open a door but it was just a cat! then nothing happens until a ghost/demon does a jump scare appearance so they decide to move out

The Wailing is the best horror movie ever

If you like horror movies, I think all of them are worth watching, as serious films, let me guess
Eyes Without a Face
Altered States
Macario
The Thing
The Wicker Man
?

Is her having her mouth opened supposed to scare me?

just curious. altered states is great

I heard raw was shite

These PG13 horror flicks are what horror is. It's easy to look back and remember the good movies but it's been mostly shit since the beginning

>Poltergeist

you should add the year some of those movies were made, no one should watch Poltergeist (2015) by accident. Also, there are (arguably) three The Thing

is there ANY horror movie that isnt "woman runs from thing that kills"?

The Thing (1982)

not really

well J-horror is "woman runs from woman that kills"

I could reinvent the horror genre by releasing your momma's nudes

Call me a pleb but it never fails to scare the piss out of me.

Blep

This is what I don't get. Why do people see these garbage films in droves?

>+ it has race mixing/evil white guy

If you really watched all the movies, you should know those two are nothing new.

you don't have friends? cause everytime I hang out with my friends and we wanna watch a movie, it's going to be a horror movie

Nothing happened.

Horror has always been shit. There's like, one good one every year and that's it.

>watch trailer for It Comes At Night
>liking it so far
>suddenly there's a kid

It's going to be shit.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

there was nothing like that in the other movies.
the 2013 version literally starts out with a black guy working out and then kissing the white chick, then later he also fucks the other white chick. the two other good looking white guys turn out to be liars or thiefs.

So sick of the creepy kid trope

Get some friends with real taste. We don't always have to watch a horror movie because we have range in the genre we are willing to watch that isn't exclusively horror. The fuck is wrong with you?

>every day I drive by my local video store
>haven't come in since I was like 16
>it's still open for some reason

I might stop by tomorrow night to check it out.

it might be a drug front now

be careful

Same reason they still make marvel movies. they literally just make the same basic movie over and over again and it makes a trillion dollars every time.

you forgot
>child makes morbid comment
>spooky monster makes twitchy/jittery head movements
>clowns and dolls are le creepy Dx

the Witch

It is being made into a 10-part miniseries for Netflix, and is said to be going for a faithful adaptation of Jackson's novella.

Now go watch the 8 others.

I don't mind it if the kid is a good actor, but that's usually not the case.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe was pretty fucking great. Not perfect, but unnerving as fuck, and super intense. 8/10.

>Now go watch the 8 others.

Here is what I recommend when it comes to Hellraiser:

1. Hellraiser 2: Hellbound
2. Hellraiser
3. Bloodline
4. Hell on Earth
5. Inferno
6. Hellworld
7. Deader
8. Hellseeker
9. Revelations

Watching anything past Hell on Earth and you're probably going to have a bad time.

This is a fair assessment. The completionist in me argues otherwise, though.

you forgot the obligatory long limbed predatorial ghoul