Was this the greatest debate kino of our era?

Was this the greatest debate kino of our era?

youtube.com/watch?v=wvO3zJaNBjs

To be honest I'm surprised how strongly Ken Ham came through in this. Obviously Bill Nye had a lot of strong points about fossil layers and how animals would have had to die, but looking at it open minded it's surprising how much truth Ken Ham brought forward about even the fundamentals of scientific knowledge.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8KQ7bmbN8H8
youtube.com/watch?v=KI_Ogcsg3RA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off you retarded Christian. Religion is a plague on the Earth and the sooner people realize this the sooner we can collectively move on as a species.

>Ken Ham
>Creationist
>Australian
makes sense

You don't have to be a Christian to believe in Creationism dummy.

who cares about shit like this?

People who care about truth.

no but it helps since christianity already has a creator

Where are we going as a species? Evolution isn't a sort of transcendence. It has no higher purpose but survival. A slug is as evolved as a human.

no, but you'd be even more pathetic than christcucks

Creationism is not just bad science. It is bad religion.

Thinking that God's creation of our world is limited to your simple reading of the English translation of the creation story of the Bible is blasphemy. Even in religous classes I learned there are two contraditory stories in Genesis to say nothing of other Hebrew creation texts.

and what kind of truth did you learn from watching this?

nothing. just a bunch of whiners who are whining about who is wrong and right, when it's all irrelevant to how you should live your life.

>athiests think theyre right
>they think everything just randomly came about
>they think gravity, space, mass and light arent gods inventions
>they think theyre smart

oh i am laffin.

If you are a true Christian with faith in Christ, nothing about evolution and science contradicts Christianity.

It only challanges your simple ideas about the creation of this world.

The glory of God and his creation is beyond even words in the Bible.

There are literally almost zero percent creationist demographics in Australia.

That's probably why he moved to the states.

>he thinks Jesus is God
>when Jesus was killed
>he's a christian
>when Jesus was a jew
laffin to hide the pain i guess

>engineer being any authority on biology
Same with the climate change debate with Sarah Palin. Stick to your field of expertise, nigger. Literally a meme ''''''scientist'''''.

>aircraft mechanic gets dubbed "the science guy" because it rhymes with his surname
>this makes him an authority on scientific matters

jesus christ america

Creationism is retarded and does not belong in our education curriculum. If you choose to believe that our existence is designed by a higher being, without any direct evidence, that's your prerogative. But don't hoist that belief onto others and definitely don't treat it like it should be studied alongside observable science.

>LE I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE XD engineer vs creationist idiot
Don't know which I hate more.

>religious cuck thinks they're right
>think some diseased warring farmers who believed the Earth was flat who wrote a shitty old tome is an accurate account of the creation of the universe
>atheists/religious folks actually thinking they have the answers to the creation of all existence when they're just a bunch of hairless apes on one of a trillion worlds in the universe who haven't even achieved outer-solar space travel

Atheism and religion were mistakes

He's usually the first to tell people that he's only a layman when it comes to science and that his mission is to make the dumbass American public more open to studying science for the benefit of all.

I'm from Seattle, so I actually visited his home when I was a kid. That was during the heyday of his show. He had all kinds of neat shit, but we could tell he was in a bad mood. He still feigned enthusiasm like a professional. I've heard from other people who grew up in the area, and had the same field trips, that he acted the same way. Maybe he just doesn't like kids.

>Don't shove your beliefs on others!!!1!
>Meanwhile let me force your children into government schools where we teach them leftist atheist values and punish them for nonconformity

>teach them leftist atheist values

and they're putting fluoride in our water!

fuck off conspiracy cuck

>Creationist
This faggot is an embarrassment to the Christian community

>2017
>not being an atheist
what is wrong with you? a thousands years from now, people will laugh at your beliefs
>i choose not to be an atheist because i don't want to associate with atheists
could you be more of a coward?

yeah i'm talking to you.

>move on as a species
Where to?

I'm an atheist but I can't really stomach Bill Nye. I'd be pleased even if he was shat on during a debate about bigfoot or Nessie.

>and they're putting fluoride in our water!
>fuck off conspiracy cuck

What conspiracy? They literally are you fucking retard. And it's the same with pushing egalitarianism and relativism in government schools. This shit is not hidden.

You sir are a conspiracy theorist because you have an opinion that differs from mine regardless if its based on fact and logic

All atheists are paedophiles

No they aren't. Public education is not indoctrination and plenty of us got a good, balanced education through American public schools.

You're obviously biased, or else ignorant, in thinking that it's only a brainwashing station.

You only think that way because you think tolerance for other people and ideas is a vice and not a virtue. You're closed-minded and the purpose of school is to create open-minded, critically thinking individuals.

I was an edgy atheist until I left high school when I realized that you're as arrogant as Christians. The universe is too big and too old for our feeble minds to comprehend, so why assert one universal theory or the other?

Maybe there's some metaphysical being that had reached the pinnacle of evolution and created the universe, or what we'd interpret as God. Maybe the Big Bang created it. Or, more likely, it was because of something we have yet to theorize on.

>The sky magic man did it is a better answer than "Well I don't know that yet"

Literally reditt

>Ken Ham brought forward about even the fundamentals of scientific knowledge.

he bought nothing.

>The universe is too big and too old for our feeble minds to comprehend,
actually the universe is pretty desolate and barren. Its a Miracle we exist at all

I'd only ever respect any atheist debater if they actually had the balls to go into a debate where they had to move for the existence of God. When arguing for teh existence of God you have to try to explain existence itself, which atheists never do.

>what is wrong with you? a thousands years from now, people will laugh at your beliefs

Quite the opposite. Atheists in literally every single country on this earth have negative birth rates. They base their lives around the doctrine of "eat and drink, for tommorow we die" and see children as a burden. Meanwhile right wing Christians breed above replacement levels, and fundamentalists often don't believe in birth control whatsoever and fug their wives until they have 10 kids.

Our genes are going to be the ones present in future generations. Your genes will die in your trendy hipster loft surrounded by garbage and cats.

It is far better than "magic did it, but I don't believe in magic, and free will is an impossibility under my belief system and your life is meaningless so you should probably just kill yourself right now since any amount of suffering is worse than zero"

It is a self defeating philosophy.

Atheism isn't a theory though, user.

At its core, all it says is that because there is no definitive evidence of God, or a creative force directing and influencing the universe, then we should not base our laws, actions, and outlooks as if one does exist.

How is that irrational?

I know militant atheists are shitheads, but it really is the most sensible way to study existence - with the notion in mind that any possibility could arise to explain matters, and not that the source of all existence has to be a God that fits one specific image or another despite us not having any tangible proof of its presence.

That is agnosticism, as well as self evident.

>should not base our laws, actions, and outlooks as if one does exist.

how would you change this?

Even assuming that gigantic leap of logic it still beats worshipping an eldritch alien entity that murders innocent children. What guarantee do you have that "god" isn't just a space parasite? None, because he demands faith that he is right because he says so.

>pretty desolate and barren
Well, relativity and all that. The fact that there are billions (trillions?) of stars just in this galaxy, and there are the same amount of galaxies that are visible from Earth, the scale of the universe is unimaginable.

And with dark matter and dark energy, things we don't even understand making up the vast majority of the universe shows humanity has no grasp on the universe and especially how it was created. We're like children trying to understand nuclear physics, except the universe is exponentially more complicated.

I can't get behind anyone who claims without a doubt they know how that was created.

Why wasn't Ken Ham being debated by Christians for being a goddamned heretic rather than scientists for fake science

>gigantic leap

>worshipping an eldritch alien
>murders innocent children

That's not atheism, that's agnosticism. Atheism is the assertion there is no God without a doubt. Agnosticism is to admit not knowing if it does or not, and essentially living your life without God.

God is an alien because he is not from Earth, and it is clearly stated that he murders children in the bible.

>Public education is not indoctrination
>and plenty of us got a good, balanced education through American public schools
ummmm... literally no, sweetie.

Agnosticism tells us that we aren't sure of the source of existence but we shouldn't rule anything out.

Atheism says we should rule out God and seek other sources for our creation until we're shown any proof of its existence otherwise.

Agnosticism has space, and even some positive regard, for an Abrahamic God. Atheism basically rejects that potentiality and seeks to move past it to find a better explanation.

No, Tony Blair vs Christopher Hitchens was.

>live children trying to understand nuclear physics

Not really, and we can observe regularity in certain phenomena that allow us to predict how the universe behaves. You don't need to colonise the universe or witness every inch to understand it, Just as you personlly don't need to be in China to know the composition of the air, the ground, the types of animals there and so on.

>That is agnosticism

Oh, God, this shit again.

If anything, it's Agnostic Atheism -- because Agnosticism isn't a fucking middle-man/mutually-exclusive like intellectual cowards keep pushing.

If you don't believe in God [i.e. irreligious or just don't care], you're an Atheist; if you don't think there is a God, you're also an Atheist.

It's that simple. The matter of epistemology will answer if you're Gnostic or Agnostic on the subject.

Stop with this fence-sitting shit because someone is too fearful of the baggage of Atheism to admit their stance.

>lot of strong points about fossil layers and how animals would have had to die
this is hardly a point since almost all of it is fucking plant matter

Well that sounds like agnostic atheism to me. Unless you are sure, without a doubt there is no God? Are you 100% positive?

>most literate our nation has ever been
>rapid rate of technological advancement
>mostly due to a well-funded public education system

right, tell me again why it's bad to educate our children with tax money?

Oh where going somewhere as a species alright, my fellow fedora friend

>God is an alien because he is not from Earth, and it is clearly stated that he murders children in the bible.

Without running off to Google or r/atheism, give me 3 chapters and verses where God "murders children".

Wow user, you have it all figured out it seems.

Why am I clicking on this thread?

Do your arms get tired moving the goalposts?

>atheist desperately wanting agnostics to be on his side so he pulls semantics out of his ass

But we don't understand it. Dark matter and dark energy make up the vast majority of the universe and we have no idea what they are.

And we can never truly know how the universe was created because we weren't there and can only observe what we hypothesize are its effects.

It is clearly stated that he killed firstborn sons in Exodus fuck off faggot.

Until shown otherwise, I think it's prudent to treat the situation of existence as anything other than 'created in 7 days by the hand of God'

I'd consider that Atheism, but I'm not one to quibble over terms, I guess. I don't believe in God and I don't think we should start from a place where we're trying to prove the existence of God for fear that we might miss other clues to our foundation and existence. Whatever that makes me in some course taught at a university is meh.

The children were sinless and were just brought to Heaven. The adults were sons of Belial and dickheads who had it coming.

Wasn't murder.

no, my liberal indoctrination gives me strength to battle the alt-right cuckolds forever!

;)

That isn't an argument, as soon as we do understand dark matter and energy you cucks will say 'oh but we don't understand dimensions' and on it goes. Also you don't have to be somewhere to discover what happened, what the fuck do you think geology or archaeology is? Events leave traces that can reveal their origins. If you beleive we'll never know how the universe is created, why even worship God in the first place?

Ah OK then I'm gonna go outside and murder innocents, then it's just "sending them to heaven xD". In fact, murder as a concept doesn't exist! Since if they're innocent they're just sent to heaven, and if they're sinful it's a justifiable punishment either way!

What about Sodom and Gomorrah? You know, where God destroys an entire village of people for their deviance, sparing Lot and his daughters (though not his wife, because she had the gall to defy him by looking back at the destruction, that bitch) so that they could have incest to continue the bloodline.

Or what about when Moses has the Levites slaughtered after he brings down the commandments and finds them worshipping the Golden Calf? Surely there were children, of God's chosen people no less, in that mess?

And keep in mind, this was before God established the second covenant through his son, permitting humanity forgiveness for their sins through the sacrifice of Christ.

>Events leave traces that can reveal their origins.

Almost like the universe did when God created it.

Romans 1:20-23
>For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
>Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
>Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
>And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

>this is the extent of reddit's intellectual capabilities

Look up the definition of atheism you uneducated plebian.

Gen. 1:27 (KJV)

>So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

So, which is it? Are we created in God's image purposefully, or do we assume that because the complexity of God, in comparison to our simplicity in being tethered to this plane of existence, is beyond us?

You can't have it both ways. Either we are shaped after our creator, and thus fully understood and forgiven for being his flawed creation, or he is some superbeing that will never be understood because he is so far beyond us that even attempting to comprehend his work is fruitless because we are so limited.

>how much truth Ken Ham brought forward about even the fundamentals of scientific knowledge.

he attacked the source of contradicting evidence when it could not be discredited scientifically.

>muh reddit
Idiot. It is entirely logically consistent with your bullshit about it "not reeeeally being murder".

>watching bill nye for more than 15 seconds
Hard pass

I see you were successfully taught to reject knowledge.

>because it is possible for something to be flawed, it must be flawed always
>if something cannot be understood, it can never be understood
this is how dum u r

just drop a load of acid, lads

Nye being a mechanical engineer arrogantly trying to act like he knows everything and anyone who disagrees with him is wrong reminds me of the whale biologist in Futurama.

to be fair to the death of Lot's wife, god turned her into something infinitely more valuable than a disobedient bitch. A fuckton of salt. Lot lived like a king off that shit.

By what standard are you judging God, exactly?
Atheism implies moral subjectivism so you have no metric, no standard, by which to criticize literally anyone for that has no more authority than criticizing people for choice of preferred ice cream flavor. Oh but let me guess, you'll say well we judge by the greater good! And how the fuck do you know what God does isn't for "the greater good"?

In fact why are you even getting mad at someone you claim doesn't exist? I sure as fuck don't get mad at Krishna.

>having a basic understanding of science, the scientific method, and rationality
>this is acting like you know everything

Bill: Well we have pretty empirically established evidence that this occurred this way because ______
Ken: I will direct you to a book that contains the truth :^)
*audience roars in applause*

Basically sums up the entire conversation that occurred.

>Atheism implies moral subjectivism
Actually so does theism. There is no difference in saying something is right because a human says so, or because your alien tyrant says so.

>god says don't do x, y, z
>god does x, y, z
>BURT UR MURUL SUBJECT!!

We're going nowhere. The earth will continue to get warmer, as it does naturally, until we die off like so many species before us.

No, just faggotry

if you're implying that humanity will progress, inexorably, towards omniscience, then negro I've got some bad news for you

public education trains you to think useful information and productive, non-magical thought is gay

To watch contrarians pretend to be religious.

Lot died in a cave, miserable from losing his wife, after his daughters forced him to inseminate them.

We were well past the point of even being able to even think about pretending all idiocy on Sup Forums was contrarian in 2010.

>the bible is true

Who benefits from the claim that lot died after fucking the shit out of his daughters?

Hope you realize by supporting the idea of religion (belief in God) you support Islam.

what did those posters say before they were shopped to "freedom can go to hell?"

I don't understand what you're asking. If the Bible isn't meant to be taken at face value, then how are we supposed to pick and choose the aspects that are true from those that aren't meant to be treated with literalism?

In order for there to be divine infallibility you have to be in for a penny and a pound, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=8KQ7bmbN8H8

youtube.com/watch?v=KI_Ogcsg3RA

A reminder that atheists claim the man on top is an enlightened gentleman while the guy on the bottom is evil and insane.

I fell its necessary for some people. I don't care for it myself but some people would be worse off without it.

why are you acting like I'm claiming the bible is true?