The Wire

So I just got done watching the first episode of The Wire and I was blown away! There is a scene where D'angelo is explaining chess to the other kids and teaching them about all the pieces. I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about paws, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

I've never seen such brilliant writing and I can easily say just by having watch the first episode that this is the best show ever made!

Also the acting is phenomenal! Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rN7pkFNEg5c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's unironically a good show though.

I don't get why Sup Forums gets triggered over this

It was never meant to be a deep metaphor

>THE FUCK DID I DO?

Isn't the point of this scene to show that to these kids this kind of simple allegory seems complex as fuck? I thought that was the point.

I thought the point was that niggers are too stupid to play chess, let alone function in a civilized society.

It is. Which makes OP's post doubly ironic in that he was ultimately too retarded to realize that.

This

wow good job user, it appears you are at least as smart as an average person to have picked up on this! Maybe if you pay attention real hard you might be able to understand the complex themes of the show as a whole!

Hopefully you give it a chance!

Havent seen this pasta in a while.

>buttmad sopranos fag

The king stay the king.

I watched 1 episode 4 years ago and quit. I couldn't get into it.

It's the one show I feel deserves a 2nd try. I downloaded season 1 last week I just haven't got around to watching it yet.

You really should try sticking with it

I had a hard time getting into it too but now I'd consider it one of the best shows I've ever seen

I will, eventually, just never in the mood.

>Shiiiiet

The comedy of the Wire was pretty meh. Just dumb catchphrases.

It's okay until Season 2 hits and all dialogue becomes:
>I told you, shit or get off the pot!
>Alright alright
>Just go! SHIT or get OFF THE POT!
>heyyy....eyy...alright now...
>SHIT. OR. GET. OFF. THE. POT.
>alright, alright, we do this
>okay, then. Well, I'll be busy then. Time for me to shit or get off the pot.
>cut to more gay niggers from outer space sex scene
>the only straight sex scene is mostly like 2 minutes of a guy unzipping the zipper on one of those cheap pink plastic puff vests this woman is wearing...do black people consider this clothing erotic or something, is it like their version of BDSMfags' obsession with cowhide?
>cut back to MacGuffin or whoever blatantly overdoing his EYRISH ACCENT in any scene where he talks to a woman that female viewers can insert themselves as
>OH WAYLL YE KNO I MAY BE A THIRD GENERATION IMMIGRANT OR SHO, BUT YE KNOW HERE IN TOWN WE'RE SICH THICK EYRISH YE'D SWEAR YE WERE BACK IN THE OLDE COONTRY FUKIN SHEEP

Every time. Every fucking time. This is always how you retards defend this shitty writing. "le it was le supposed to be like this!! because the characters see it that way!!" what a fucking joke. End yourself if you actually like this shitpile of a series

I won't argue which show did the dramatic shit better, but the dark comedy of the Sopranos was much better.

this

Shit
>the redditor begins to chuckle
Shiiiit
>the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
Shiiiiiiiiiiiit
>the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
Shiiiet
>The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
SHIIIIEEEEEEEEEET
>the redditor's heart explodes and he dies

I for one dislike this shitpile of a series, but you're still retarded if you thought this scene was anything but a window into the dumbed-down mind of your typical urban youth.

I've guessing you've never been to NYC or Chicago. Inner cities breed unnatural stupidity.

don't you have a breaking bad rewatch thread to post in on reddit instead?

Not an argument.

Sup Forums here. Anyone else just not watch this show because it's about niggers? I will not consume any media primarily made by/for niggers. It's just disgusting, like seeing a bunch of apes trying to reenact a play or something. I feel dirty.

Yea the Sopranos could never compete with the brilliant writing of the Wire like that scene where Bunk and McNulty solve a murder by walking around a kitchen mumbling "Fuck" over and over.

Truly groundbreaking stuff.

It actually shows how completely useless and criminal niggers really are. All the nigger politicians are corrupt as fuck, they only try to paint a couple of the niggers as redeemable and the rest are portrayed as the nigger criminal vermin that they are.

No one wants to mention that the chess scene isn't until episode 3?

No one cares about the chess scene because it was obviously just a little interlude for entertainment value to establish how stupid and insecure street-level dealers are. Spot on in that portrayal.

White people eat up scenes of discussing entry level philosophy in ebonics.

That's a pretty cool effect. That kid has potential in photography.

youtube.com/watch?v=rN7pkFNEg5c

That was better than anything in the Sopranos.

Only women can multi-task, they said.

this scene was to foreshadow the middle nigga's death in prison.

The chimp on the right asks D'Angelo "SO, WHEN DO DEEZ PAWNZ BECOME KANGZ N SHEEIT?" and D'Angelo responds "pawns can never become king".

I thought this was to highlight the fact that no matter how badly D'Angelo wanted to run the show, and take over after Avon, it was never going to happen, because he was always going to be the Queen to Avon.

or some shit

It's to ilustrate that they all believe they can rise up. It's why before Bodie dies he realizes that he would never be a kingpin, he was always a pawn.

It always serves to illustrate how D'Angelo actually was smarter than the average hoodie, because when compared to Bodie and WHERESWALLACE he really was leagues ahead of them.

chess scene isnt in first episode

you are liar man

still best show in the world

but fuck you

how come there wasnt an allegory for knights and bishops

Because in the game, everyone but the King a pawn, you get me nigga? It's just like Mcnugget.

Because that's gentrification you ignorant racist.

T. Never been to jail

It's meant to be simple, he's explaining chess to a bunch of uneducated kids and using it to make a really straightforward point.

But they talk about the queen being the most powerful piece on the board.

>I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but when he was telling them about paws, he actually meant THEY were the pawns! What an amazing allegory!

da queen a strong empowered womyn, she different, she gotta be fast n strong so she can keep her man satisfied and give all dem pawns blowies same time, nomsayn man?

But the queen still loses if she loses her king.

>posted to imdb boards
>dead serious

>posted here
>assumed to be trolling

and people claim to miss imdb