Thick of It

Will they make another series of this now that Capaldi is leaving Doctor Who?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXh4T-ShaL0
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3282086/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Girl-broke-Cumberbatch-s-heart-wed-Sherlock-actor.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Stalin?wprov=sfla1
youtube.com/watch?v=VwGZinTeodc
youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc
youtube.com/watch?v=3cTZb0zScwE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Langham#Arrest_and_conviction
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No need, British Politics is just as entertaining these days.

It would be nice but they'd pretty much buried Capaldis character by the end of it.

>new episode
>its another angry puddle episode

Would be nice. They could get that pedo back from series 1.

>British Politics is just as entertaining these days.

seriously this, everything that happened in the show looks pretty mild compared to recent events in British politics.

>That's enough of that Oxbridge pleasantries shite

who will play him in the

John Cleese

This scene was my first thought when May called the election

youtube.com/watch?v=oXh4T-ShaL0

Iannuaci is busy with his Stalin movie and then he's doing some space project for HBO and David Copperfield adaptation for BBC

YOU MASSIVE GAY CUNT

It's a film then? Fuck I wanted it to be a mini-series

Iannuci is so good, wish he was on TV more. Loved him interviewing Stewart Lee

I met the women who plays amstell's girlfriend in the opposition in s2 a few months back
Didn't know who she was at first
Turns out she broke Bumbledick's heart
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3282086/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Girl-broke-Cumberbatch-s-heart-wed-Sherlock-actor.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Stalin?wprov=sfla1

SHUT IT LOVE ACTUALLY

Isnt John Cleese a raging Lib Dem?

After a bit of a slow rough start, veep has become a decently worthy successor

NMFP

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Stalin?wprov=sfla1
>Steve Buscemi as Nikita Khrushchev

So this is definitely a comedy then?

It's at least partially comedic

agree

Waiting for Jonah to go full Trump

Bump.

The issue with British politics at this point is that it's too crazy to be satirised

there were rumours of them bringing back Spitting Image but the creators said that nothing they could do could beat the joke that is Brit politics right now

Oh wow it's the shit taster from Taboo

yep, he's also in Pirates of the Carribean

easily the best insult comedy show that has and will likely ever exist

british enunciation rage cannot be matched

Now I have to go and watch In The Loop again.

I didn't like the first couple of seasons, then really enjoyed 3 and 4 but by season 5 I really hated everyone in it.

>No, I'm not going to hit you. I'm just going to fucking kill you.

CAREFUL YOU FOOLS

THESE ARE GOOD BISCUITS

AND THEY COST FOUR POUNDS

What's so entertaining about it? Has anything ridiculous happened recently?

Glenn/Julian OTP

Any other films/shows like this? My boyfriend isn't into politics so I never get to watch this genre, but I have a lot of free time coming up and need something to watch

not much lad just

>mutiny within Labour
>mutiny within the Tory party
>Brexit
>snap election just called

In The Loop is the film version of The Thick of It - bit more 'American' but still good, same actors but playing slightly different characters

VEEP

Spitting Image (VERY dated references, if you're not british and at least 30 years old you won't enjoy it)

Yes Minister/Yes Prime Minister

A WALRUS

>You can't fuck me. I am unfuckable.

they should do a miniseries just about Teresa May, Boris Johnson and David Cameron starting on the morning of the Brexit vote

no the producer himself said that they wouldn't and the political zeitgeist of the series has since passed, the current political environment would not hold up well to satire

I meant something odd/funny - I'm obviously aware an election was called.

don't forget Gove

youtube.com/watch?v=VwGZinTeodc

TToI > ItL but it has some nice stuff in it

just the way that it's been handled mate - it's hard to get a feel for it. The characters in politics these days, you couldn't write it

youtube.com/watch?v=5Blf073f2Lc

oh 100% TToI is better, as I say - ItL is a bit too 'American' for my liking but I still really enjoy it

Thanks
It's a real pity there isn't more stuff like this, What I enjoy most is the fact they are taking the piss out of politics without actually discussing politics. It's more a criticism of the narcissistic people involved than political ideas. I doubt we'll get this level of intelligent criticism after Trump's win

Spitting Image was the indisputable king of this - it attacked everyone equally and fairly but as I say, if you're not an 80s child or British you won't understand

>mutiny within Labour
considering who's leading the Labour, that's not surprising

>Capaldi leaving Doctor Who
>Brexit is happening

The time is now

Well I do know a lot about the Thatcher government so I'll give it a look, thanks

No. I'm pretty sure Iannucci said he wouldn't do any more, and besides, Malcolm went to jail at the end.

Himself

youtube.com/watch?v=3cTZb0zScwE

I hate this fucking meme

"Oh politics is too silly! We can't possibly be satirical!"

No. It's that balanced satire like Spitting Image isn't welcome any more. People just want more things that agree with them, and that goes for both sides. We can't see good political satire until people are willing to accept the satire of everyone.

I loved Spitting Image, and I watched it at 18 (in about 2010). Some references are dated, sure, but most of the time it has actual jokes in it, so you don't necessarily need to know much about what it's referring to.

It's a shame Jamie wasn't in more episodes

Holy shit it really is The Office

>If they want to get rid of him... they should let him fail on his own

Christ I can't wait until election day, I'm gonna get so hard watching Labour getting BTFO

The best thing is that loads of people will vote for the Lib Dems too, which will mean potentially relevant Labour votes will be siphoned off to the eternally irrelevant Milkman party.

This election is going to be a bloodbath.

>attempts to picture a raging Lib Dem
>fails

Lib Dems may simper, whinge and pontificate, but I've never seen one rage before.

Time well spent.

IT'S JUST VOWELS! FUCKING SUBSIDISED VOWELS!

It's unnecessary. Things have gotten so screwed up the entire style and tone of British satire has become redundant, and Tucker's character arc was wrapped up perfectly in the last series.

>seen the thick of it like five times in its entirety

>still do not understand how British elections work

I try to Wikipedia this shit and I just end up more confused

>different mp areas spread across the country in various regions (like 500 and something)
>each region has a separate majority vote for the mp for that region
>different mps are members of various parties
>the party itself has a leader, who will be in an extremely safe seat (a seat the party knows they will win) (by seat, i mean region)
>the party that wins the majority of regions based on mps elected is allowed to form a government
>this is called first-past-the-post
>if no one wins a majority, a coalition must be formed to get passed the 50% threshold

>there must be a general election within 5 years of the previous one
>the prime minister decides when to call one
>they can call one whenever they want, they just have to give 2 months (i think) notice

The thick of it isn't good at explaining it because the majority of characters aren't mps

The Thick of It is more about the nitty gritty of politics, civil servants and all that.

i had no idea what the fuck was going on in the first couple of episodes since i know jackshit about english politics

there's also The Hollowmen and Utopia, which are Australian

Utopia was called Dreamland in the US & UK

when they first talked about the Shadow Cabinet I thought I'd stepped into the X-Files or some shit

That clears it up a bit, I'm also trying to understand the strategic reasons for when to call the election.

Also the whole parliament shutting down for a month before the election seems odd. What is the reasoning behind that, and not just working up until the election is over?

It's really not very complicated. It's barely even necessary to understand, the show works regardless.

oh i got it eventually but it is a bit intimidating when all the jargon is just thrown in your face. But then you realise that's sort of the point and you got a great show.

Calling an election now helps the current government, as they'll win by a landslide and it'll help them over brexit.

Parliament shuts down because if the leading party changes it'll shake up all the potential bills.

You should tread lightly. You are barking up the wrong person

It just means Theresa May (being the filthy lying tory she is) can go back to her original stance on Brexit and disappoint all of those idiots who voted leave based on immigration.

Either way, we'll retain freedom of movement and there will be no change to our border control. We will simply just have less say in the ongoings of the European Union, even though we'll have to continue following many of there rules.

Well done, England!

*their

Additional note: the referendum should have never happened, since pretty much no one was well informed enough to make an intelligent decision.

>be abused as a child, had CP made of you
>try to come to terms with it as an adult
>find the CP that had yourself in it
>as well as some others just to try and understand the industry to come to terms with it
>get found out, arrested
>court determines you are not sexually attracted to minors
>get sent to jail anyway because possession alone makes you a horrible monster and intent doesn't matter
>serve time, get out after sentence is over
>tfw nobody wants to hire you anymore
>tfw acting career ruined right when it was hitting a peak

chris had a hard life

what? this isn't true... there is no information anywhere regarding this

my bad, i thought you were talking about Chris Addison

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Langham#Arrest_and_conviction

holy shit is that what happened?

i thought he was a pedo

society pushed his shit right in, eh?