Do you think we'll ever be visited?

Do you think we'll ever be visited?

Attached: aliens-smell-1574631212.jpg (1200x600, 45K)

We did the visiting.

Attached: ayy.webm (640x360, 802K)

ayy lmao

Attached: lunar landing 02.jpg (3000x2000, 543K)

That's a pretty high res picture for 1969

We have been.

Aliens are contacting us indirectly through the UFO phenon prior to us discovering earth like planets around other stars.

They don't make official contact because they are being politely indirect about it.

Colonisation of planets does not occur due too technology advances and low birth rate of wealthy high tech civilisations.

1000 years from now humans could fit 10 billion people in New Zealand with the right technology so the colonisation of space does not occur.

Its also unethical too interfere with any species natural evolution.

When suns collapse technology exists too terraform completely baron worlds which have no scientific chance of spawning life, that's why earth was never colonised.

tl;dr

> UFO's are alien craft being polite but its so obvious its not said directly.

Attached: 1575371641206.jpg (662x889, 141K)

It'll be more like that movie Solyaris, the aliens won't be directly perceived but instead use an intermediary like a loved one from our past and using them as a way of communicating directly with our 'subconscious' for want of a better word. There's no fucking way they're little grey men who look like hominids or even vertebrates... for all we know they'll closer resemble Fungi or ant hives

Attached: Solaris.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

there's not enough food, let alone water to have 10 billion people on earth. even if you can come up with a way to generate food to feed 10 billion, there wouldn't be enough water.

1000 years from now, humans will have colonized at least one other planet, as we know that it's the only chance for our continued survival as a species come a worldwide extinction event.

talking 1000 years from now, hell even 200 years, nanotech, biotech, new construction materials and tech, water desalinisation, gen IV and gen 5 nuclear, fusion reactions, quantum computing.

Foods easy, synthetic meat already exists, as for water, cheap fusion or gen 4 or 5 nuke reactors, or somethin else, talkin a few hundred years from now.

But overpopulation will never occur, china, the middle east, india, south America are all going too have declining birth rates due to wealth.

I don't think we've been contacted, there's no way an interstellar vehicle is a flying saucer with no propulsion system. There's a reason the only "evidence" we have of them is pixellated and blurry garbage.

I don't think we will due too ethics, we have already discovered other earth like planets, too claim another planet for our species is kind of rude.

Once we have the tech too travel a few light years we should be fine guarding against species extinction events.

We have mars anyway, we could terraform that later if we get bored, kinda a waste of time though but whatever.

If we do colonise another earth like planet, might only be for 1000 years or so till our ethics catch up with reality.

Humans arnt speciall

Attached: 1570358594731.jpg (800x479, 42K)

Any alien race intelligent enough to be able to contact earth is intelligent enough to know not to.

This tbh, if they're out there, and have the ability, why the fuck would they come down to a planet filled with extremely hostile and well armed apes?

Attached: ayy.jpg (2203x2937, 501K)

With our current tech, but the discovery of other earth like planets, and knowledge of evolution kinda forces us to accept other life exists that has been evolving longer then us tech wise.

Its a natural bias too think that our current era is the most advanced, our science is the best, our whatever is the best.

400 years from now, people will be laughing at our low tech society and mocking our culture as primitive.

Attached: 1565070014453.jpg (469x452, 39K)

I didn't mean we'd colonize a planet in another star system, I was thinking Mars, and possibly Venus. Even without terraforming, given the right supplies and equipment, we could survive on Mars for quite a while. No, it'll be a few thousand years before we can colonize an interstellar planet. I doubt ethics would stop us, given that any life on said planet is not intelligent.

i hope we do get visited, i wanna get topped by a hung Alium

With or without advanced tech, the laws of physics still apply.

Attached: ayyGetBackHere.gif (450x320, 472K)

Wasn't there a vid released that the Navy said compromises national security, bullshit, of some UFO or something?

"Apes"

I don't see our science today as complete.

After we're done in the middle east, the next target is "Aliens", as predicted by Eisenhower in his speech about the military industrial complex. All part of the plan.

We'll never be visited. While I do believe extraterrestrial life exists, I doubt they'd have the means for interstellar travel. And even if they did, there are still no planets out there that we've found that can support life for long, so star systems with life, intelligent or not, are likely few and far between. Even if some advanced species had the means, coming here just to say hello would be a giant waste of resources.

If there exists a method of travel that is faster than light then it's possible, but given the size of the universe it's unlikely. It tookthe Earth 4.5 billion years give or take, to grow us thinking beings and we've only been around for a sliver of time. I'd say we're pretty rare compared to it all and that's just here on Earth. Sure, life can probably grow on other planets but if it takes them all so long the odds are really stacked against two of them being advanced enough at the same time to interact with each other. Aliens would have to be capable enough to visit any planet they want at any given time in order to even find us. At that point, what would we be to them anyway?

Ayy lmao

It's not complete by any means, but there will always be constraints. There is no way a craft of that size and shape could support the generations of life needed for centuries of interstellar light speed travel. And even if it were possible, it's stupid to say that those blurry images we have from decades ago is definite, concrete proof of us being visited. While it's okay to list that as a possibility, to state it as a known fact is even more closed minded than the people who say there is no life beyond earth.

Well, the US government has pretty much confirmed that we have. One of the main reasons they ever denied it was because of "ufo's" or "aav's" flying over DC during the cold War while surpressing radar. The tentions it would have created if that got out is too much.

I saw a UFO up close when I was 14yo. scared the fuck out of me.

No you didn't.

Ic

Nice bait m'friend

Did too.

Doesn't scare me at all now, when we make person to person contact it will be like when homosapiens encounter Neanderthals, we will try too talk to each other, then see if we can fuck each other.

In theory we may have already had official contact and everyone is working through the shock of it, lulz.

Attached: 1564760150249.jpg (408x233, 15K)

Leicas were the bomb.

the_day_b_was_visited.jpg

Attached: 'nu' goes in middle field.png (600x581, 276K)

Based
I like slimes on /d/ because I imagine them to be made of dark energy that they then colour and shape to be friendly

Attached: Healthy+Heart+Phone.jpg (2272x4033, 1.16M)

who the fuck knows
i mean if an ant walks across a book they're not going to have any comprehension that what they're stepping on was made by another creature, let alone that what's on those pages allow those creatures to communicate with one another. it just exists and is part of their world.
but if we have been visited i think it's going to be in terms of creation
i mean have you ever sat and pondered the scale of our universe? put your perspective onto the earth. now consider how many earths fit inside our very own sun. that's over a million. where do earth inhabitants fit into that? it's unimaginable. now consider how many of our suns fit inside other suns out there. our sun is considered micro compared to those.

Only right answer

I think you are still in shock over the discovery of other earth like planets, it occurred like 10 years ago.

There are other "earthlike" planets, yes, but those are just referring to planets of a similar size, and are at a safe distance from their star. In most cases we've found of those, they still can't support life, be it due to a lack of an atmosphere, frequent solar flares, or something else. Name one earthlike planet that can most likely support life.

Haven't you heard a thing I've said?

Attached: Ancient.Aliens.jpg (707x610, 206K)

Attached: UFO NPC.jpg (1024x768, 80K)

Attached: UFO P&T.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

Attached: First Contact.gif (900x2216, 366K)

The ant book example is wonderful and I'm going to use it
This thread is full of good ideas well done everyone

Attached: Ashwagandha+Phone.jpg (2272x4033, 972K)

>aliens show up
>SHOW THEM A TRIANGLE

Attached: Sirius Disclosure.png (225x225, 2K)

wtf lol