Why did the French language make such a deeper inroads in Africa than English did...

Why did the French language make such a deeper inroads in Africa than English did, despite England conquering more of Africa?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francization#Africa
youtube.com/watch?v=gX9N6f5LY10
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/08/jeremy-paxman-french-is-a-useless-language/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because english are bad at colonizating.

You never realized the implication of a majority of Subhumans speaking your language.

Now it's literally a Subhumans language

At least French is the language of the future

Yeah French in Africa is at the same stage that Spanish was in Latin America a century ago. You'd think the language would die out in Africa considering all the atrocities the French committed and how important English is

Think again

don't worry for us

I thinked again. Still the same conclusion.

>Chad looks like Chad
tickles me everytime

Because africans are based and they know french is the superior language

There's quite a few African countries that speak English.

>title of the .jpg literally implies that china's african investment isnt going so well
it really is a flop at this point

Yeah Africa is more English speaking than French

Anecdotally I've never met an African who could speak French

Thzt's because your africans come from english african countries, logical, fucking faggot piece of shit.

>why the africans from ex british colonies talked english instead of french
lol

Most of the French speaking African countries have started switching to English because they find French too difficult for those undereducated subhumans to learn to speak. French's state in Africa has begun crumbling down.

French colonial pact.

That's funny because it's the opposite actually

literally the opposite..

French will go the way of Spanish - a former white language now spoken majorly by shitskins

Because England is a land of homosexuals and rapist zoophiles

> a former white language now spoken majorly by shitskins
but english was already the first, as you speak it now

Check

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francization#Africa

Consideration should be given to the number of French speakers in each country to get an idea of the importance played by the French language in Africa.

List of counties with French as a non official language that have recently decided to join the OIF in view of frenchifying their countries:

Cape Verde (Portuguese)
Egypt (Arabic)
Ghana (English)
Guinea Bissau (Portuguese)
Mozambique (Portuguese)
São Tomé and Príncipe (Portuguese)

The French language currently plays an important role in Africa, serving more and more as a common language or mother tongue (in Gabon, Ivory Coast, Congo, Cameroon and Benin in particular) and in many countries, and its usage intensifies. The African Academy of Languages was established in 2001 to manage the linguistic heritage.[21]

Francophone African countries counted 370 million inhabitants in 2014. This number is expected to reach between 785 and 814 million by 2050. There are already more francophones in Africa than in Europe.

TAUBIRA

But most of them don’t speak french as a first language. It’s like india where it’s official and the elite speak it but the common person speaks their vernacular still

An ignorant peasant in West Africa won’t know french

I'm sorry I lied. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what's happening in Africa regarding French since almost nobody in this butthole gives a shit about Africa or the language they speak. I just wanted to look smart by refuting what others say. It's all my fault and I'm the one who's to blame. Throw stones at me.

Same. Most of them around here are from Nigeria or Ghana, so they're English speakers.

>all those Portuguese speaking countries

Wonder how hard is it for them to learn French.

don't really know but it is 2 latin languages, it should help.

>undereducated subhumans

Why call people subhuman?
It's not nice. What would your mother think?

And to be honest many countries join organisations but they aren't really "serious". It's more like a "Back up" one could say.

>Implying it's a good thing that niggers speak French
Kys

>An ignorant peasant in West Africa won’t know french
Depends of the the country. In Gabon, benin, congo etc everybody speaks french.

When I was in New York, cab drivers were all talking french to me.

Yes that's a good thing, you can read african francophone litterature

I would guess that only a non-majority in Madagascar and Senegal speak French. Noone in Indochina speaks French also.

>Nigger literature
You mean rap, right?

>I would guess
still guessing then..

No but you still use the french writing system.

because the english hated the fuck out of their natives and only wanted the land, and any kind of association with locals whatsoever was shunned everywhere but india, and even in india they had massive unrest because brits were dicks.

the french literally had state-funded propaganda to convince frenchmen to go to africa and marry a native

>africa was francoised by beta virgins who couldn't get any in their homeland

Real litterature like camerounese

youtube.com/watch?v=gX9N6f5LY10

African French sounds way less gay than France French

>le francophone africa is real

french nationalism is comedy fucking gold. When are you gonna fund the next african warlord?

because words come out a nigger mouth ? how insecure are you to unironically type such absurd stuff ?

but not as gay as continental portguese

seriously the first time i listened to them speak i spent 10 minutes thinking it was a flamer homo speaking french

The number of French settlers is extremely small. Hell once corvee labour was banned white farmers lost the biggest advantage they had in free labour vs local farming so a big factor in why one would leave France (which was pretty well off) for Africa dropped.

Stop being so insecure.

>says the flag who destabilished middle east and unleashed international terrorism
american imperialism is comedy fuckin gold

>frogs in charge of sight

I always knew Argentina was behind it all

France is at least an improvement over a shitty country like Spain colonizing Africa

Besides France and Belgium colonized the worst part of Africa: Western and Central Africa, where niggers are the ugliest and most dindus.

f-fuck

kek you're speaking right out of your stupid gook ass

I think it was very important to the French to impose the French language wherever they went; the French government actively set out to stamp out minority languages in mainland France and I imagine the same process occurred in French Africa, whereas the British would typically offer education in both local vernaculars and in English.

War is what slow down the exponential nigger demographic growth.
Africa needs more wars since they con't control their births.

Guinea Bissau at least probably just has a lot of French-speakers from the neighbouring countries. Not a lot of them speak Portuguese.

Only something like 20% of Portuguese Africa speaks Portuguese as their main language, whilst others speak creoles, local stuff or the bordering countries' languages.

Why are you so edgy?

hey, Spanish got taken over by brown people and Spain's cool with it

France should feel flattered

Fuck you Pierre,
Go back to Sup Forums

Why did Belgium teach them French, not Dutch?

Heck, would Belgium still colonize Africa if they hadn't declared independence from the Netherlands?

Because French in contrary to English is a very fine sounding language.

I don't visit Sup Forums. I don't like niggers.

The Belgian kings were Francophone

>Why did Belgium teach them French, not Dutch?

Serious question ?

>“No one is going to deny that, historically, France has enhanced civilisation. European culture would be a thin thing without Montaigne, Descartes, Debussy and Cézanne, to say nothing of the dictator’s dictator, Napoleon Bonaparte.

>“The problem is that it is all long past and the new world is anglophone. In the centuries-long struggle between English and French there is one victor, and to pretend otherwise is like suggesting that Johnny Hallyday is the future of pop.

>“The outcome of the struggle is clear: English is the language of science, technology, travel, entertainment and sport. To be a citizen of the world it is the one language that you must have.”

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/08/jeremy-paxman-french-is-a-useless-language/

this board aint serious

>The number of French settlers is extremely small.

yeah but those guys operated pretty well with africans. like the spanish jesuits in 1600, they came to build shit and assimilate natives.

>Jeremy Paxman
that attention whore

Will the French come up with some retarded name like "Latin Africa" to describe French and Portguese Africa lol

Assimilate what natives? there's no big population of mixed french African folk in mianland Africa vs the Portuguese, Dutch, and English.

Françafrique

Pretty much this. Our frenchmen refused to stop fucking the natives and they eventually became a new ethnic group because their desire to racemix was so great.

I cannot tell whether you are just a completely uneducated moron or simply baiting, back when colonialism was a thing the region of Flanders was not part of Belgium, therefore they could not teach language other than French because of a rather obvious reason - Dutch was a foreign language to them just as much as I assume it is to you.

>there's no big population of mixed french African folk in mainland Africa vs the Portuguese, Dutch, and English.

not sure if they'd be recognized. And assimilation is cultural, not genetic.

I'LL ANSWER!

>Why did Belgium teach them French, not Dutch?

two languages were too much. French was determined to be more suitable due to a variety of reasons such as being in the neighborhood of French Africa, people in power and in high society being french speakers, french speaking missionaries also helped in that regard.

They wanted to spread Dutch but then at that point of the colonial Belgian Congo it was far too late and not worth the resources.

Belgium only got Congo after it was stripped from Leopold 2 at his death since he owned it privately.

why's this a gif

classic france

The small pocket of "Assimilated" natives in French Africa were small and they faced a ton of obstacles in the colonial system since you know they were still Negros. Also a fuckton of the people seeking independence were in many cases "assimilated" natives because even caving into the demands of assimilation got them little return no matter what they did.

usa is not anglo, it is hispanic
this will be a hispanic world

Please god no.