Upon noticing the scar on Ren's face is in a different location in The Last Jedi's teaser trailer...

>Upon noticing the scar on Ren's face is in a different location in The Last Jedi's teaser trailer, which debuted this past weekend at Star Wars Celebration, a fan asked Johnson on Twitter why it was moved, to which the director replied, "It was my decision to slightly adjust it, and that was my justification. It honestly looked goofy running straight up the bridge of his nose."

So directors of sequels are allowed to make changes now if they don't like how a character looks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTO2JldWAL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe it was the actor who wanted to look le epic like scarface and told the director the take the blame

In the history of things happening none of the things that happened mattered less than this thing.

Any piece of TFA that is disregarded is a betterment to our society.

Kylo Ren is one of the greatest badass characters right now. YES I AM SERIOUS!

This matters a lot

>yfw they remake TFA
Keep the deleted Carrie Fisher scenes of her as a commanding general (cos there was extra stuff JJ filmed of her) and then get Harrison Ford back and instead DO NOT make him wear his same old Han Solo uniform, then get Hamill back and actually film a Luke at his Academy first act with Adam Driver as a slightly younger Kylo Ren.

10/10 BEST MOVIE

I actually don't see the difference. It looks like it's in the same location to me, just missing his eye.

It looks generic as fuck now, the original at least looked like an accident, something that would make sense. What he's got now is a generic scar down across his eye onto his cheek.

except vader could easily do upgrades or changes to the suit.

there is literally no reason for the scar to change position apart from making him less ugly because once again nu-starwars wants to play it safe.

He looks cooler this way. TFA scar was a dork scar

Well, that's fucking stupid. Being disfigured doesn't have to look cool.
The scar across the bridge of the nose looks fine to me and it's less generic.

The scar in the new version goes across his eye(he should literally be blind in one eye but whatever) the old one has it across his cheek to his forehead( so he isnt fucking blind)

the fuck is a dork scar?

Eyes are set in the skull so a lightsaber or whatever weapon can go across the forehead/brow and cheek without making contact with the eye.

Wouldn't a laser that melts doors not dry it up even without contact?Holding red hot metal near your eyes can make you blind, I imagine something several times hotter would be even worse.

IT'S A SCAR
ON
A
DORK, you fucking dork

Lightsabers don't emit heat.

They don't emit heat because otherwise Luke and Reys face would be burned up like sheevs

so a huge brutal scar looks dorkier than some small hardly noticeable scar? nice logic..

also who the fuck uses the word dork anymore?

>DO NOT make him wear his same old Han Solo uniform

He wasn't wearing his old outfit you dumb millennial.

anyone here /scarface/? I hate how hollywood glamorizes scars. anyone growing up with a noticeable scar on your face knows its not pretty or badass, it just makes you very insecure.

post pic

Do you even know who Adam Driver is? The guy is chill as fuck

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>childhood ruined
>waaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHH
>kylo has a different scarrrrrrr
>FUCK MOVIESES
>FUCK DISNEY
>FUCK YOU WAULT

It´s OK

TFA is shit, so any change is always for good.

I would have preferred if they had flipped the coin on its head with this new trilogy, showing the Republic resorting to imperial tactics to maintain control of the galaxy after the Empire's destruction left it in disarray, such as constructing their own Death Star but calling it a preventative measure or some shit. The First Order wouldn't exist, and in its place would be the same people but under the banner of the Resistance (reflecting the Rebellion).

>DUDE COOL SCARS FUCKIN BRUTAL AND METAL BRO
Who the fuck is even 12 anymore? grow up you little fags

I've seen pictures of a friend of a friend or some shit on Facebook that has a scar directly down his left eye and it looks pretty bad ass imo and the guy makes light of it in posts I've seen.

you're the one who brought up cool scars buddy.

Don't they? I thought the heat they emitted cauterized wounds instantly, hence why people don't bleed when getting limbs severed.

Plus, you can clearly see in the first scene of ep1 how the metal goes red hot in contact with the laser.

>all the pics on the left
>busted but she still suckin

This would make more sense and be a better film but you just know that execs thought nobody would get who the baddies were unless they were just Empire Lite.

>making him less ugly
If anything, scars would only make Adam Driver more attractive.

They don't radiate much heat but things they come in contact with heat up. It is retarded yes but these are the facts as presented in the movies.

There is heat transfer when contact is made because of thermal dynamics, but heat is not emitted from the blade. And the blade is plasma.

Sure. It's not as if Kylo's scar was shown for more than a couple seconds in TFA. The general audience won't remember.

Also Rian wants Kylo to have a smaller, more handsome scar to represent where his character is going. How are people still dense about this when he's presented as a sad, brooding prince type in both the poster and the behind the scenes pictures.

thermodynamics*
Soz, low on sleep.

I have a scar going directly down my left eye and I hate it. got teased about it constantly when I was a kid. it looks dark and menacing and people are always asking me about it. as soon as I get enough bux, I'm getting plastic surgery

Triggered me

>So directors of sequels are allowed to make changes now if they don't like how a character looks?
Yes. It has literally always been this way. New season of a show, characters have new outfits, new hair, maybe new physical features. It's not unheard of.

Honestly I barely remember him getting chopped in the face and I definitely would never have noticed the scar position if it wasn't being reposted here every 10 minutes.

Also,

>holding the JJ movies sacrosanct
pls

Children can be cruel and torture like that during childhood can surely have long-lasting effects, so I feel you, mang.

Kind of like how a bowcaster can shoot people across a room and kill them but only draw blood to a strong force sensitive? Force, ain't gotta explain shit, etc.

Well couldnt have said better myself

Isn't the blade in constant contact with the air around it?

>There is heat transfer when contact is made because of thermal dynamics, but heat is not emitted from the blade
yeah I forgot the air is a vacuum

Because most people still think he's going to get more evil for some reason.

I guess, but what are you implying?
I don't know if lightsabers require oxygen, but either way, I'd guess they'd burn the air like fire burns oxygen. Just guessing. I don't think the science is canonically explained; like can they be used under water? If they can, can one evaporate a sea?

Not sure if this is still canon but Kit Fisto used his lightsaber underwater

lightsabers aren't like normal swords, they would just cut through the bone like flesh

Not even a cool scar look in TLJ.
With FA, at least there was a chance te scar would heal and be rad.

The Clone Wars is indeed canon, so I don't really know what to make of that. But I don't really know anything about plasma as Earthling scientists understand it, much less how Star Wars "plasma" might work. Could be a new form of matter discovered that shares the name with plasma as we understand it.

It didn't go deep enough. His own blade was pushed into his face wasn't it? He pulled his face back and pushed the blade away before it went any farther.

In New Clone Wars, they used lightsabers underwater so it's canon
youtube.com/watch?v=XTO2JldWAL0

Scar placement was a lot better at the nose bridge imo
Also yeah, I know it's super duper future tech but I think it would've been good if it was still very prominent while having been healed, now it just looks like a small scratch

honestly, it does look a bit weird in TFA, but in the Last Jedi Trailer it looks too different. The guys at DICE appeared to have done a nice middle ground between the 2 and it not only looks better, but it's a less noticeable difference too.

Hmmm, I () didn't even realize these were different shows with the same name minus "The." Never bothered watching the toons.

Why the fuck does the new scar look less like a savage,heated lightsaber wound and more like kyle stood in a mirror and sliced himself with a razor blade? Fuck Rian is a fucking hack.

Fuck all defending this silly shit to

I agree. The new scar is a a joke. They could have move the scar more to the eye but keeping it big, not that thin shit.

whooooooooooooooooooooo

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

>Kit Fisto
>Kit Fisto
>Kit Fisto
Someone greenlighted this

I think only Lucas' opinion mattered at the time he was created.

>It honestly looked goofy running straight up the bridge of his nose.
But it wasn't even on his nose. Unless the dumbass thinks the spot between your eyebrows is part of your nose.

>Fuck Rian is a fucking hack.
Anakin's scar in Ep. III doesn't look much different, does that make Lucas a hack, too?

Also, it's fucking Star Wars. They have magic liquid that heals wounds super quickly, it makes sense in-universe for him to have a small scar.

right, no one in their right mind would watch this kike drivel!

>Scar just looks like he drew a pen line on his face

Fuck off, make it more fucking noticeable

Or maybe *gasp* his injury healed for the most part, thus making his scar look considerably smaller than his initial injury?

The new scar runs through his eyebrow, while the actual wound goes around his eye, you retard.

So? TFA changed the location of the on switch for the blue lightsaber. No one cared about that (I didn't even see autism and "Abrams is a hack" posts about it here). Most people don't pay attention to small details like that and won't care.

Maybe he used the force to move the scar

Healed in a completely different part of his face?

The scar doesn't look different I'm confused the left us a wound and right us it fully healed? Am I missing something

You do know his head isn't facing the same direction in the comparison shots right?

Of course it "moved". Different angle.

In TFA, it went straight across his cheek and the back of his nose, narrowly missing the eye, in TLJ, it's running across it.

wow do i ever hate it when there are continuity errors

Honestly, if they had kept the scar in the original position, the prosthetic makeup would have encroached into the actors vision and would have drove home crazy.

People have already said it, but things it comes into contact with heat up, but the blade itself doesn't emit heat. Like you could hold your hand right next to the blade and you wouldn't feel a thing.

Not saying it makes sense, but that's what they went with.

They really missed the opportunity to have the lightsaber boil the water for a cool effect

It's going to be my headcanon that he had surgery to fix his face, then gave himself a cooler scar.

Because he's a fucking poser.

Threads like this are why you'll die alone.

>Changes phone every 18 months

>MVP in the galactic empire with the resources of a thousand worlds at his disposal couldn't upgrade his life support equipment.

Sequel prequel

They have healing tech and his scar is very obviously not supposed to be an ugly bad guy scar. It's the opposite.

I bet there's concept art of Kylo having a proper scar and it looks cool as hell. One of the few good things of TFA and Rian has to fuck it up.

Why are you so defensive?

he actually couldn't, thanks to budgetary restrictions.

They emit heat when it looks cool and is convenient and don't when it suits the story.
Just like every other sci-fi or fantasy movie. Or any movie. Or book.

I know, but i'm saying it just ruins it in a sense, i'm not saying I want a chunk of his face gone all the time, but it should be extremely noticeable while looking not too horrible is what i'm saying

You are lazy and low energy just like the new SW movies

Is this bait?

Is this bait?

>this triggers the SW autist
>not the fact that the Emperor already had a life support suit specifically made for Anakin that would serve him without any major change for the next 20 years

Star Wars does not use real world physics, that's why there's sound in space.

100% absolutely this

What did Star Wars mean by this?

>original scarring is very similar to part of the outline of the masks commonly used in portrayals of the Phantom of the Opera

really makes you ponder about things

BIG

Why do they let hacks get a hold of things?

Chicks are biologically attracted to scars. Just be mysterious when they ask and you have guaranteed success.

They obviously have the technology to fully heal the injury without leaving the scar. However Kylo is a massive edgy cunt and insisted they put in a badass scar that goes across his eye. This is now canon.

>Also Rian wants Kylo to have a smaller, more handsome scar to represent where his character is going.
kill yourself queer.

Especially when the story behind it is lame. For me it was just my brother being a dickhead.