Where my motorcycle Sup Forumsros at?

Where my motorcycle Sup Forumsros at?

Pic related

Attached: received_2963614900335125.jpg (4096x2730, 658K)

Yah

Watcha ride?

2004 Yamaha r6. You?

My track bike is a 2000 929rr. I've got a 2014 Verys as my every day driver

Lucky, I wish I had a track bike. What all do you have done to it?

Got a 2 brothers slip on right now, but I bought it that way. I've got new springs coming next month for the forks. Steering damper next month as well. Quick acceleration sprockets.

Not a whole lot of mods. I'd rather spend the money on tires. Slicks are expensive as fuck.

Might be able to find some pics. Stupid fucking 2mb size limit fucks me

I'm rocking a two brothers slip on rn.

Tires are a good investment. How much does a pair of slicks run?

Well, you gotta get them from a dealer. Fresh- maybe 300 or 400 bucks.
Take offs- 75 to 100 bucks.

You ever been to a track day?

Also 2 brother slip on.

Ninja250 (lulz) has been my daily commuter for ~5 years now.

Fz-07 is my other ride. I don't have a car (triangle area of NC, we only get 1-2 weeks total a year where I can't actually go out due to snow/ice).

Those 250s fucking go forever.

Honestly? It's like the civic of the bike world. Cheap as fuck insurance, and I abuse the hell out of that thing at it still is just puttin' away fine.

OP here.

This is my track bike.

Attached: IMG_20200115_215919_995.jpg (1280x738, 191K)

No matter what you ride, if you pull up next to a Lamborghini, you're still cooler.

Nope. Someday I won't be poor and I will go to one.

Where do you live? Track days aren't super expensive.

Versys x300 driver here

Nice, bike looks good. I like the respol Honda paint on the one behind yours.

Those 2000 model year cbrs still carburated?

you guys should migrate to /o/ and pop into /dbt/

Tucson Arizona. Mussleman Honda I could get on for under 90 bucks. I'm also into cars too though :( expensive hobbies.

Never.

That orange one is my dad's. It's an 03 600rr. They went to fuel injection in...98 I believe?
Lemme find my versys

my cbr600F4 is a '99 and its carb'd. they started using fuel injection in 01 with the F4i's

Attached: P_20191027_200610-min.jpg (3120x4160, 1.58M)

I get on /o/ once in a while. What is /dbt/, I can't find it?

Damn, that's early for fuel injection, that's awesome. I wasn't old enough to understand any of it until 2008 or so when I learned to ride.

You can fuck right off with that VR46 sticker!

Also here is my versys

Attached: IMG_20200115_220929_229.jpg (1280x622, 154K)

Ah, the daily bike thread, gotcha! Thank you user!

i got the bike like that
everybody is like "lol rc211v stickers on an F4" when i barely know what that even means

Haha no worries. Well for what it's worth, I'm a motorcycle riding instructor.

Any burning questions or concerns about riding?

how do i know how far i can lean?
i was riding that F4 dirty for most of last season so i didnt get a lot of seat time
also, do stainless steel lines really make a huge difference in lever feel?

The paint job and sticker are from a motogp bike. Nice paint job, the sticker is a bit cheesy.

Attached: received_1853805011314978.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Ah yes, leaning. More than anything your lean angle will determined by body position. The more you "hang off" your bike, the less lean angle you will need. The idea is the keep the bike upright as much as possible.

I can tell you that with dunlop Q3+ tires, I can EASILY drag my knees on my 929.

You know about countersteering, yes?

As far as brake lines, I cant tell a difference between braided steel and rubber lines.

(I'm on mobile so forgive any spelling bullshit)

so i should pull off the 46's that are scattered on the bike is what you guys are saying?
i had Q3's on my SV, but it was my first bike and i have since sold it. i have battlax S22's on the F4 but again, riding dirty, so not a lot of seat time last riding season

Attached: p_20191012_170112.jpg (3120x4160, 1.53M)

Eh, keep them on if you want. It's just a motogp thing.

Nigga, don't ride dirty. As far as tires, I will not ride anything but Q3+s on sports bikes on the street.

Versys has Roadsmart III on them.

i had trouble getting a safety without having to pay a 75 dollar "we'll look at your bike" fee
then of course its a "lol give me all of your money" fee after that
bike was in my name, plate was in my name and valid and i had insurance. Plate wasen't associated to the bike though, it was from my SV...

The 46 is Valentino Rossi's number. Moto GP legend. The rc211v is probably what people ask you about. That's the Moto GP bike. I guess it all kind of works together if you want it all to match the Moto GP thing, but it's not an rc211v, it's an f4i. I like the respol Honda paint though

Sup squids. I'll be racing in WERA this coming season.

Attached: 70416532_10156397243010736_8030135959162978304_o.jpg (1365x1365, 268K)

Eh, you could still get in trouble for that. Although I suppose a cop is less likely to notice unless they know bikes.

Why does that bike look familiar?

Nice gsxr. Cheap helmet tho

RPHA11 is used in MotoGP

Good enough for them, good enough for me.

Dunno, sold these fairings a while back - Bike has full track fairings now.

marchlik

Attached: 0.jpg (200x200, 9K)

What track was that?

Attached: 0 (1).jpg (450x450, 33K)

Turn 2 at ThunderHill East in Northern CA.

Wat?

Wow, they must have really stepped up their game. I haven't followed motogp for several years.

Fuck, I knew it. Very first pic I posted dragging my hand was turn 2 as well. Shit, I've probably seen you there is why.

You go with Carter's?

I go to ORP with MotoFit quite a bit as well.

Don't get me wrong, their cheaper helmets are still junk, but they have a few winners. The CL-17 is one of the cheapest SNELL rated helmets you can get. The RPHA-11 is one of the lightest on the market. Mine is ligher than my buddie's $1000 AGV carbon fiber lid.

You can get em as cheap as $250, which is good since I spend a lot of time rag-dolling.

Carters, and Keigwins before that. Also ran with Z2 and PTT a few times and liked them as well.

Had bad experiences with FunTrackdayz and CaliTrackdayz, so I haven't got back to them.

my baby

Attached: IMG (1523).jpg (1223x917, 292K)

I never got to ride with Keigwins, but I do like Jesse and Leah. They run a pretty tight ship.

You ever do the 5 mile track?

I've done both sides, but never done the mile sadly.

I actually really like the west track, especially in reverse, but all my bikes are liters, so they're a bit piggy on such a small course. Last time I ran it was basically in 2nd gear the whole time lol

Heh, come up to ORP if you think Thunderhill is small.

If you ever see my green 929 in the paddock stop by and say hi.

Will do! Watch out for those cold tires friend.

I got warmers and slicks this year. Will be my first time on them. Excited to see how much different they are over the Q3s

You're gonna like it. I ran Q3+ until mid a-group pace. That's about the point that they just couldn't hold traction when I was driving out of the apex.

Funny enough I didn't care much for the Dunlop slicks. Ran a set of Pirelli SC1 at Willow springs recently and they were like riding on rails. Had my knee down through turn 8 at 140mph. It was bonkers.

I'm thinking of getting one. what problems have you ran into?

just go buy a red sticker bike for a few grand. Just make sure the frame/forks are straight

>no group letter
>no belly pan
>fat fuck
>no inspection stickers
>non formula accessories
sure guy

Getting sucked on a Harley.

Attached: Holly-fucks-him-on-his-bike_1.gif (357x300, 1.94M)