Why the FUCK was it so good?

Why the FUCK was it so good?

Karl Urban.

Because it was nonstop action for the whole movie and it was cool as shit.

It wasn't. That's why it couldn't get a sequel lel

The plot was kept simple and it had great visuals.

It wasn't tho. It was barely anything more than a video game.

delet this now
this

I'm legitimately pissed this isn't getting sequels.
I went to see it assuming it was going to be utter shit and it turned out to be kino.
Now I want more but I'm not getting it and that's a feeling I didn't expect to get from Dredd of all things.

Is there a set of Dredd novels or something that I can read as an alternative?

Because it had good writing.
When the writing is strong enough the visuals don't matter.
It wasn't until I rewatched Dredd a few years later did I realize it looked like a 200 dollar fan film.

because dredd face

cause it ripped off the raid

Well there's 40 years worth of comics...

There was a comic they put out to advertise the movie, it was only fairly short but gets the tone of the movie down well
Otherwise read some actual Judge Dredd progs, the later ones have the Dredd style grittiness, earlier ones are sort of like the Stallone movie, silly and fun but pretty good too. There are loads of big collections on TPB.

No studio meddling.

It didn't try to have over-the-top action like capeshit, and played out more like a late 80's/early 90's action sci-fi movie that instead focused on the story.

He had the perfect chin for it.

Im sorry
But i seriously cant tell anymore.
Are you fuckers baiting is this a meme or something? This movie was fucking complete dogshit and the original is insnaely better.

it was a good movie, you're just being edgy and contrarian

here we fukken go again

Nah

100% serious

I liked the world building in the original but that cunt rob schneider ruins it

Karl Urban literally made this movie, as did the script, as did Cercei Lannistor. My Gosh do I hate that woman, like she can play a cunt like no Actress before her can. Her name's what, Lena something? I only see Cercei or Big Mama. Big Mama's by far the biggest cunt of them all. Or maybe it's Cercei. Hell,they'd get along swimmingly were they to ever meet.

I want to spit on you.

Im not joking or baiting you. That movie sucked. The trailer was cool as hell from what i remember but the actual movie was lame.

No it wasnt, you just take fun action movies too seriously. Go watch Eraserhead or something

>you just take fun action movies too seriously
No i dont you idiot. The reason i dislike it isnt because it isnt smart enough or whatever youre implying. I hate it cause it sucks. Plain and simple. There are loads better action flicks.

Nah

Listen I love Dredd, but anyone who says "fun action movie" to dismiss criticism should kill themselves, you should kill yourself.
A movie shouldn't be excused from being bad because it's fun.

Jesus christ someone with a brain too. Anytime i say fuck thsi movie they assume im trying to say i hate it cause its "fun" or whatever and thats not it at all. The movie just sucks.

Yes

Listen faggot no one gives a fuck what you think, close the tap move on

you're trolling, and i still want to spit on you just for that.

great movie

Listen to me im not trolling. I dont like that movie why is that so unbelievable?

But this was a good iteration.
After the mockery of the Stallone version, it was nice to have a modern take on the context of modern times.

Plus the profs have been goofy since conception. Only in the off chance are there odd serious takes.

Fuck off moron

>After the mockery of the Stallone version
youre a faggot
thats the good one

>tries to define himself as intelligent based on hating certain movies
In reality, you're just an insufferable douche with a stick up his ass, actually of significant lower intelligence, and you know it... which is why you try to make yourself feel better about being stupid AND socially isolated by acting above it all and putting on this whole 'im too intelligent' persona

but the world seemed massive
m-muh block wars pew pew

If the creators who know Dredd completely say it shit, it's shit.
Go back to your awful 90s Stallone movies old timer.

>all this projection

>>tries to define himself as intelligent based on hating certain movies
Thats what i said im not trying to do you moron. Cant you fucking read?

>Go back to your awful 90s Stallone movies old timer.
OK i get it your an 18 year olf who grew up without a dad. I watched stallone movies with my father growing up so i still like them. If You had parents that loved you then you wouldve had the same experiences.

You're a stinking troll having the time of your life, or you're a woman, or you're a gay woman, or you're a tranny who happens to like penis. In any event, I don't like you very much.

Lots of action, simple plot, Karl Urban

>you must be 18+ to post on this site

Nah. Stallone was the shit action star. Fuck, rather watch Segal than Stallone shit.
Plus I grew up watching action with my dad. He just knew the good stuff.

>Stallone was the shit action star
So rocky, rambo and cobra are shit?
Sounds like your dad had a vagina.

Morons who have to post bullshit cause they dont know what to say

What a shitty childhood, sorry your dad was such a pleb, my dad would take me to see French connection and Conan good times

Dredd 3D turned out to be one of my favorite movies.

Fucking awesome.

Why would anyone give this retard (you)s, literally no one unironically defends the original. I love Stallone and it's easy one of if not his worst movie.

It didn't have an overblown budget

I really think big budgets are what are killing movies today.

We've said it already u sperging child, but I'll say it again since its clearly not sinking in, you have horrible taste, the stallion version was awful and everyone except sly himself thinks so, also your posting here illegally you must be 18+ to post on this site. I hope that clears everything up and you can fuck off forever now ok

Conan is good but so is the original dredd

Thank you for completely ignoring what i said. Again
Are you saying rocky, rambo and cobra are bad?

>everyone except sly himself thinks so
Why would that matter at all you rotten tomatoes loving fag?

Not that guy, but Cobra definitely isn't Stallone's finest moment. Rocky and First Blood are top tier, the sequels vary greatly in quality.

Judge Dredd is an awful film and max is the only thing in it worth anything, you are a massive pleb with shitty taste and should never post here again, but you will anyway eh? Do u know why everyone thinks your trolling newfag? Cause your 'opinons' are so godawful noone can believe your being genuine, that's how big a pleb you are. Just try and let that sink in then ask yourself if you really belong here

>LE EBIN SCI-FI
>LE EBIN BOST APOGLICITIPIC!!!!
>LE EBIN VIOLENCE

because it pandered to every 14 year old boy's arbitrary shit taste and was a solid movie itself outside of that, so every fucking internet fag thinks it's the greatest film ever made

>rt
Wat fuck your young, I'm taking about the creator primarily, and then everyone who saw it and thought it was shit, ya know everyone, except you apparently, wtf has a review site got to do with anything?

>he doesnt enjoy action movies
whats it like having a vagina?

It was filmed before the raid was even written

Actually even Sly doesn't think it was a good movie. He admitted in an interview that he, the director and the studio all wanted to make a different type of movie and the result was a "feathered fish".

If you dont realize rocky 4 is best than drop dead.

>newfag
haha buzzword call me reddot next please
Not new i just like the original.

You saying that everyones hates it as if thats a reason why i should as well. Clearly i dont care what you fags think. I like it and its gonna stay that way.

this

This is what you idiots arent getting. It sucking even for a mindless action movie. It tried to be campy and corny like starship troopers and failed.

>it tried to be campy and corny but failed
>but failed
But that's where you're wrong kiddo

Also
>newfag
>buzzword
You really are a newfag

>getting contrarianed this hard
wew lads

>newfag
Yep im a newfag. Turned 18 today. I love Blacked dot com and im a mod on 9gag as well. Please teach me to tri force old fag daddy.

Also that movie sucks see its complete garbage that tried for gore and chock value to make up for how horrible it is.

>buzzword
just go the fuck back

no end of the world / romance BS

just a solid, well directed action flick

it also looked pretty and the 2 protagonists actors absolutely nailed their roles

cool thanks for the input f.a.m, time for bed now eh? School day tomorrow

hahhaahahhahaha

to 9gag where im a mod?

Yup. Thinking about prom. Guessing you didnt go to yours right? To cool for it huh?

so after being btfo for a whole thread you now resort to cringeposting, you are cancer m8 but I think you know that

1. Director loved Dredd and wanted to make a film close to the source material.

2. Got John Wagner involved and the spanish guy carlose eqquezza or something like that.

3. Karl Urban - Did not want to take off the helmet because it would ruin the character, also was fucking good in it.

4. Simple plot, did not stop.

5. No mary sue character.

All this, such a great film, soundtracks awesome too

Explain to me how i was blown out? Its a matter of opinion. Thats like me saying i hate mustard and you say you like mustard and then saying you blew me out for not liking it.

(You) that's all your after yea?

Visuals and soundtrack together were mint

You just completely ignored my statement and because your so dumb and realize you just got btfo you respond with that bullshit again.

don't have enough yet? Here's another one kiddo just for (you)

>don't have enough yet? Here's another one kiddo just for (you)
don't have enough yet? Here's another one kiddo just for (you)

>dat opening chase
>dat slo-mo gun shots
>dat dredd theme
its great

I remember watching this when it was still on Netflix expecting to be shit, turns out it was surprisingly good. Why the fuck did Netflix remove it in favor of the Stallone one? I watch the first 30 of that one and dropped it because it was shit.

I like all the little things like
>snuffbox reference
>league of fatties cameo
Shit like that, they clearly knew and liked the comics
>

It was Dredd movie that wasn't supposed to be THE dread movie.
It just surmises what his everyday is like. Everything is believable because the plot isn't too ridiculously bombastic like marvel movies where the entire universe is at stake every single tike..

Because it was The Raid without all that overrated chink ballet that has no basis in reality.

Also the villain is a woman and she dies a satisfying death.

I too watched it on netflix on my phone in a Long John Silver's.
Was bored so I chose to watch it. Low expectations in, came out surprised. Pure kino.
Forgive me, I too am a part of the forsaken ones. Now, no sequel

Thanks for the (you) and bumping this thread, your low tier bait isn't worthy of a reply though

Rocky 1 was the only good one. But it's not even action. It's more drama. First Blood ain't bad either.
Also Rocky 3 is the gayest movie ever, so look who's talking pussy lips.

Go get some Vagisil, your pussy odor is stinking up the thread

>Rocky 1 was the only good one
I seriously cant believe you even said that

ill order some from 9gag

>Bait
Fuck you then, faggot
I enjoyed the movie

>download the movie months after it leaves theaters because I'm in the mood to watch a terrible action movie for laughs
>it's actually really good
>decide I'm going to try reading some of the comics after seeing the movie
>download like 9000gb of comics from all eras
>every single one of them is absolute fucking garbage

Sequel never

Because you're a pleb with Sup Forumseddit sensibilities