youtu.be/F4wh_mc8hRE
youtube.com/watch?v=251DlvLXzD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

boo vevet

Trash

A Love Letter Straight from my Heart.

If you think this one is strange, wait to you get to his other works

A shit movie.

Relax, you need to watch the sequel, Lost Highway. It ties up all the loose ends.

Back to your capeshit, kids.

SHE WORE BLUUUUUUEE VELVET

LYNCHED

youtube.com/watch?v=3Sm8JM-K1dc

LETS HIT THE FUCKIN ROAD

youtu.be/F4wh_mc8hRE

>film repeatedly uses titular material
>in addition to, and on top of this, film REPEATEDLY speaks the title of the film aloud, in song, at different points

I thought David Lynch was supposed to be all about mystery and subtlety. But it seems that's he's really about the ham-handed, laying it on too thick. We get it, it's a movie about Blue Velvet.

Roger Ebert I thought you died

>I'LL FUCK ANYTHING THAT MOVES HWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWAHWA

What did he mean by this?

Fucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=251DlvLXzD4

kino

Do you have a link to his original review? I'd be interested in reading what he said about it.

Laura Dern being cute the rest of the movie was pretty bad though

>What the fuck did I just watch?

Pure Kino

A CANDY COLORED CLOWN THEY CALL THE SANDMAN

TIPTOES TO MY ROOM EVERY NIGHT

>A shit movie.

Don't worry, there will soon be a new Guardians of the Galaxy for you

Frank Booth is an extremely dangerous, hyper-masculine psycho-killer villain. He is expressing joy at being on the top of his game.

In the scene, Frank is experiencing perfect mastery of his own little world: his criminal enterprise is going exactly how he wants it to, his boys have his back and are also physically dominating the space (Brad Dourif standing up on the couch IIRC and Jack Nance creepily/humorously informing others "I'm Paul..." is how the boys hold it down), he (Frank) is demonstrating power by keeping his prey (the lead and the woman) off-balance, yet still toying with them.

Frank is obviously loving the power-trip up here (I can make him do anything I want him to), and so being able to fuck anything that he wants, whenever he wants, is the height of Frank's dominant masculine joy. It's a big power-trip.

Notice that this is juxtaposed against Frank's perverse baby-fetish, which he crudely makes the woman to play-act with him, and which reveals that Frank does have a certain submissive streak, but one which he must carefully manage in order to keep up his public persona. Here, Frank is "topping from the bottom", a contradiction in terms which most RL BDSM practicioners hate for this basic reason.

Cue the tired reddit comments following substantive analysis and the fact that I have exclusively used this site, to the absence of the other sometimes attributed to me, since early 2004.

Some shit about how reality is a dream or something

a good movie most of Sup Forums apparently didn't like because they HAVENT WATCHED A GOOD MOVIE IN THEIR FUCKING LIFE

JUST TO SPRINKLE STARDUST, AND TO WHISPER

a poetic crime film

Am....Am I broken guys? I watched this recently and I seriously did not like it at all. I liked Frank and the scene where they "go for a drive", but besides that I couldn't get into it. And I've seen a few David Lynch movies so I knew what I was getting into.

Am I destined for a life a pleb-ness? Or do I need to watch it 5 more times?

HEINEKEN?

tfw unexpectedly and coincidentally drinking PBRs atm

Kino/Kino Kino

5 more times if you want to fully understand it

I dont think youre supposed to understand everything

A CANDY COLORED CLOWN THEY CALL THE SANDMAN
TIPTOES TO MY ROOM EVERY NIGHT

No it's hella fuckin gay like most Lynch flicks.

your post a shit

Lynch's take on film noir.

FUCK THAT SHIT

[SPOILER]Drinking Blue Moon[/spoiler]

Best antagonist ever

GO TO SLEEP
EVERYTHING
IS ALL RIGHT

Who was in the wrong here?
I mean, seriously Jeffrey was kind of a creep despite his "nice guy" appearance.

I think the drive sequence was one of the most uninteresting as he threw a bunch of people doing odd things together and called it a day.

I think the film had beautiful visuals and a clean style overall though.

Jeffery never tried to murder anyone, he was just horny.

My dad told me that the weird gas that Dennis Hopper huffs from was originally supposed to be filled with helium to give him an insane voice during those scenes. Could you imagine how much better the film would be if he did that?

DONT

FUCKING

Would have totally worked with the baby fetish thing he had.

God damn I'd love to see an edit of BV that pitches up Hopper's voice

It's Lynch, either you derive your own meaning or you derive no meaning at all.

Wow I never thought of that but that could actually be feasible by a talented audio person.