Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/USGVaGfxnC4
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ0eYUMxIT4
youtube.com/watch?v=lQFdJfMstzI
youtu.be/BwgQ4zlJJMc
img.pathfinder.gr/clubs/files/1856/3337.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that show's creator is stuck in pre-mass internet era and hasn't been able to shift to new paradigm and upgrade it.

half of the jobs they used to 'seek' out can be fixed with accessing fbi database and doing a little internet research.

thank goodness for the werecryptid episode

god no NOT AGAIN

that miniseries was so trash I forgot it even happened.

come on, the first and last sucked but the others were good

didn't the last season ruin the alien concept of the nine before it?

This they were good.

However I feel like they were trying to tell 2 stories in one episode.

good
I liked the last miniseries.
and Old Scully is pure boner-fuel

Only episode 5 was absolute garbage. Episodes 1 & 6 were ok "mythos" episodes (which most of the time were mid-tier in the classic series as well), 2 & 4 were good enough MOTW (not classsics by any means, but not bad) and 3 was a total classic.
The most important thing to me is that the characters remained mostly consistent with the classic series, which is what I was afraid of when this was announced, and the only episode that felt forced was 5. The others could've been in any of the classic seasons and nobody would've minded.
I'd like to see Doggett though.

>S1E3: There's something eerie going at the old folks home as Mulder keeps finding his colostomy bag hidden under the couch cushion. Scully finds a new love interest in her male caretaker and Skinner is found on the side of the road wandering aimlessly... again.

10 episodes is a nice sign. The Chris Carter episodes were absolute shit, so as long as he only writes 3 again the majority of the series should be decent to great.
Visually it needs to look more like the old series though. There were a few nice shots like

Holy fuck my sides!

are they going to air the episodes in the right fucking order this time?

I always preferred the earlier seasons that were filmed in Vancouver before Duchovny insisted they move to LA

S1E4: Mulder keeps finding the same coin and feeling lucky over and over again

>before Duchovny's wife insisted they move to LA

ftfy

i liked the monster kids in ep 2

The miniseries was worth it for the weremonster episode alone - it's one of the best of the series.
Also youtu.be/USGVaGfxnC4

Fringe did X-Files way better than X-Files, so who gives a shit?

Call me when we get a Fringe movie or miniseries.

this, kek
it's the Seinfeld Effect in action
at least Fringe knew what the fuck to do with its own mythology

even its novelty episodes were better
youtube.com/watch?v=nQ0eYUMxIT4

>before Duchovny's drug dealer insisted they move to LA

ftffy

>that episode in season 11 where Scully pulls her blouse open

I don't know why they persist in doing this. Gillian Anderson was doing great in other stuff, building her credibility, then she goes back to this cold pool o' vomit.

I have yet to see a webm of the actual sex, disappointing desu

X-Files had some better MOTW episodes but the mytharc is unacceptable by today's standards. Meanwhile Fringe holds up beautifully and has themes of fatherhood, forgiveness, and spirituality that run through its entire series start to finish.

"no"

fringe was a fucking abortion, season after season

the A line main story was shit that never stopped going downhill, and the B monster of the week stories were too few

some good episodes, but bad bad bad planning and plotting and writing

bring back vince gilligan to do an ep

make them all monster of the week

BRING BACK FLUKEMAN

>Hot dang I'm feelin' lucky today!

This.

Unless they make it gritty and real it's going to flop. TV has changed in 20 years. That 90's writing doesn't work anymore.

I'd really love to see him direct/write an episode but he's probably too busy with Saul

Trying not being retarded and rewatching it. It's astounding how much shit from the very beginning pays off over 5 seasons.

Fringe also has John Noble giving the best performance ever given in anything sci-fi
youtube.com/watch?v=lQFdJfMstzI

And White Tulip being one of the greatest episodes of a science fiction series ever, and an amazing episode of television period.

There was some Sci-Fi series that was out this year or last one that only has one season thats based on aliens.

Can't remember the name of it.
Features a boy.

Good post.

in the xfiles world 2017 doesnt have internet thanks to that AI thing that got loose

I had a dream I was living a new episode of X-Files, it was pretty good.

Alright, I'm old, so I saw X-Files when it first came out. It had a "oh, this is new and interesting" feel, but now that it's been done by a dozen other shows, well ... think Watchmen: when it came out as a graphic novel, it was new/shocking/surprising/gritty; when it came out as a movie, thirty years had passed and all of its tricks were old hat. They'd need to do something NEW new with X-Files.

1) Mytharc ... I just never liked it. Fuck aliens, mang.
2) Bring back Vince. Hell, locate the highest-ranked episodes, find their writers, and get them going.
3) There's a Thomas Ligotti script they never picked up for an episode. I've read it. It's fucking PERFECT for the X-Files.
4) Four supernatural, four mad science, one cryptid, one government conspiracy.
5) No, Stephen King may NOT submit an episode.
6) More callbacks to the continuity. I want a nod to the Lone Gunmen. Hell, just give me a not to Esther Narin ("Kill Switch").
7) Stop shooting the camera angle into Scully's blouse to remind us that she has tits. We know she has tits. Scully's big appeal was her face and her acting, not her tits.
8) Make Duchovny dry the fuck out and exercise. He looks like he came from Bowery Row.

I have, twice.

Too much setup for so little payoff instead of a focus on episode after episode of good writing, acting, and plots.

If anything being a relic makes it stand out more than the cookie cutter crime dramas that are on TV now.

Better Call Saul crossover with X-Files when?

I'm also not a big fan of Carter's writing.

Anyone who says the miniseries was trash obviously didn't watch that last season of the original series

Miniseries was fucking fantastic with a weak ending. Glad they're making more and let's hope based Morgan is involved

They can both be trash.

There, I said it. I was underwhelmed by the miniseries and I thought Seasons 8 and 9 were shit ... what I could endure of them.

youtu.be/BwgQ4zlJJMc

>Thoughts?

Don't give a shit about the filler episodes. Only interested in the aliens/main story ones.

Unless theres a flat earth episode im not involved

That ... is kind of an interesting idea.

'Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster' was fantastic last season, everything else ranged from average to bad. The mythology episodes somehow made everything even more convoluted. Hopefully this season is better developed overall.

I need another mushroom sequence

X-Files died when Mulder left the show. Was it S7 or something? Carter went full retard after that.
And the new X-Files? Hey, let's retcon the entire mythology in EP1!!!
Fuck this shit.

I will call you when your mother stops choking in niggers cock you fucking faggot

Excited.My hopes are
>conclude the series,no more fucking cliffhangers
>get gilligan and morgan to write an ep or two
>change scullys hair
>muder the young doppelgangers,last season has no rewatch value for me because of them

Great ideas. I hadn't heard of that Ligotti script (or any of Ligotti's work, might look some up) but it's cool that there's unused scripts on the internet. Are there any others?

I enjoyed the mini, it was nice to have em back for a little bit.

Did they really screw it up that bad?

This. They retconned the entire mythos of the franchise for no goddamn reason.
>remember all those aliens? never happened. we just made it all up. forget about all that proof, dummy
Aside from the were-human episode it was total garbage that severely pissed me off.

>in the xfiles world 2017 doesnt have internet thanks to that AI thing that got loose
Oh it exists... it's just monitored and controlled by that rogue AI as well as government and private AIs just like the real internet . I am not a robot. or am i?

img.pathfinder.gr/clubs/files/1856/3337.txt

let this show rest. the new eps were terrible and just further proves the creative staff is vastly out of touch with what made it great, you know, like they have been been since series 7.

there was only one watchable episode in the last season, s10e3. The rest was pure shit

meh

does the show get better after season 6? I enjoyed it up until the movie basically, then liked the first few lore episodes of season 6 but it got boring SO FAST

no. the show just dies a slow death after two fathers/one son. the series finale before the reboot was borderline comedic. if you watched millenium you can watch the back door series finale in season 7 of x files and there's a couple decent bravince episodes like x-cops and je souhaite.

why can't we get a new 10 episode miniseries of ST:TNG

if you're 30+ why does your post look like it was typed out by a faggot teenager?

Because I am :^)

it was pretty much soft reboot

Don't be a retard, it's Sup Forums. It's not exactly the medium for long paragraphs, nor would they be well-received here.

Know your audience.

>It's not exactly the medium for long paragraphs,
kill yourself redditfag

>It's not exactly the medium for long paragraphs

Thats where you're mistaken familia. Long paragraphs are preferred to shitposts, shitposts are just easier and fly faster. This isn't an audience that enjoys *attribution* across threads, post length is immaterial unless it triggers you.

I hope you get cancer faggot

I think everyone besides Geordi is fat and/or ugly now.

this, I only watch it for the mythos, those monster episodes were boring imo, it needs more ayys and other conspiracies

Cheers lad, never seen this one before.

That pic... RIP Clyde Bruckman. ;..;

shut the fuck you little queer

I liked the lizard monster episode.

Chris Carter has always been garbage.

You know user, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation.

Reminder that the weremonster episode was originally an unused script for The Night Stalker written ten years ago

Reminder that Darin Morgan has actually lost his gift and has done nothing since then

Reminder that Carter is a complete hack and the real talent behind XF were the Morgan brothers

Reminder to watch Millennium Season 2 if you want to see the Morgans at their best with no Carter ruining things

What about Gilligan and Spotnitz?

truly the year of kino

Gilligan only became good after Darin left and just mimicked his style with less talent
Most Spotnitz eps are shitty mytharc co-written with Carter

>shitty
>mytharc
"No"