Is Barry Lyndon worth the 3-hour runtime?

Is Barry Lyndon worth the 3-hour runtime?

Yes, watch it.

I'd say skip it. If you got 3 hours to spare watch Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition instead

Nah smoke a reefer and chill out with your rocking chair for 3 hours, it's about the same experience.

One of the best films ever created

If you have to ask then its probably not for you.

What else will you be doing with that time?

Only if you have 3 hours to actually watch it. The visuals are the main draw of the film, so being distracted means you just wasted 3 hours.

So can I just listen to a podcast over it?

No, that wouldn't really work either as the music and dialog are important to set tones and point things out. Without that you might as well just look at a slideshow of some paintings. Another wasted 3 hours.

Fucking hell, save it Grandad I'm just going to watch Rick and Morty instead

I hope you marathon each season in 8 episode intervals. Otherwise you're wasting your time with that too.

ummm kind of?

I mean, does it hold up if you're not watching it to appreciate something about film making or want more film history IQ? No, not really.

But it's a grand sweeping epic of a film - the last of its kind in cinema probably ever, honestly. And there's something special about films like this and Ben Hur and Gone With The Wind.
It's also a a product of a true master of the medium and exceedingly pretty to look at if you get a HQ print/version etc.

But you're not going to be entertained per se and it's a long 3 hours because you're just going to sit there and take it in.

I've never watched it, how close was I?

This

Not at all, it's nothing like one of those films.

that's cgi right?

Haha cool. I'll get around to seeing it one day, I just felt like a bit of shitposting. It's probably higher on my list now, so thxm8

Syberberg's "Hitler: A Film from Germany" was released two years after and is 7.5hrs long, and is a superior film.

It has cuckolding in it, you should check it out.

The problem is it's so slow that I think I'd get super bored if I watched it stoned. At least you could smoke up again at intermission though

you missed the mark pretty hard my dude. It's a very different movie from the likes of Ben Hur and Gone With the Wind. I think "grand sweeping epic" is probably the exact opposite of what kind of movie it is. It's a very intimate character study.

The point that was being made is to just get high and stare at a wall for 3 hours instead. Not get high and watch it.

it's pure kino

some of the shots in it look right out of a painting

oh shit. well I don't agree with that at all

It's the best Kubrick film so...

Hello, Reddit

If you don't appreciate this movie you should kill yourself

It's worth the 3 hour nap

Agreed. I did this yesterday and found something to laugh at in literally every frame. Took me nearly 4 hours because I was constantly pausing to more carefully examine some massive failure and I had to rewind a few seconds every minute or so because I would miss dialogue due to my laughter.

i think its his best work

but im a history fag