Red pill me on the United States military, Sup Forums

Red pill me on the United States military, Sup Forums

I was thinking about joining the Marine Corps after college because I have no fucking plan anyways and I need to do something with my life.

Bad decision? Worthwhile in the longterm?

Other urls found in this thread:

navyseals.com/nsw/physical-screening-tests/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you have no plan at all, then sign up. Just don't be a bitch.

It's basically like prison except they pay you

>marines

Just go army or air force.

OP here, anyone actually been in the US Military? Want to share your view?

>navy or bust
you want to have good a job afterward

Army here. Only idiots join the USMC. The Marines are a fucking meme branch that doesn't get any good shit, yet is expected to do just as much work as the Army's best. If you're smart and want a good paying job, join the AF (or Navy if you don't mind being gay). If you want a trade you can turn into a job later, join the Army. The Coast Guard is fake and gay.

Go to silly

work on your cardio a before you join and get ready for mundane hours of boredom and near heat exhaustion

What makes the Navy or Air Force so special in terms of having a job later?

Excuse me for being a civie, but aren't Marines more hard and badass of the branches of the military?

Don't join the MUHREENS. They are a shit tier branch. Only dumb fucks straight out of high school join cuz they fell for their propaganda. They have the lowest living conditions and they get fucked more. Literally every other branch is better dude

can an australian join the USM? if trump wins i will consider it

army is a bunch of sperg fags who bitch when they don't get the MRE they want

Better than sitting about in ur parents house masturbating all day
Like you would do otherwise

I'd say joining the military is a lot better than a lot of things you could potentially do

Join the Navy SEALs if you think you're a badass

I would never join the military. Do you know what happens at basic?

They make you jump out of bed in the morning, take a quick second shower surrounded by other naked dudes, and they literally yell at while taking a shit if you take too long.

That sounds like fucking hell to me. I get out of bed, drink some coffee, rub my eyes, take a nice long shit, shave, and then shower. I couldn't imagine some fag pounding on the door (if there even is a door) and yelling at me to hurry up.

Just get a fuckin' factory job or something.

Great idea.
But if you get died, can I have some of your stuff?

Go aviation, IT, or construction regardless of branch if you are worried about work after. Navy MM Nuke is good if you are intelligent enough.

T. MR2 SCWS

OP Here

You ever work in a factory? I actually have, it's fucking awful.

I've thought about that, I'm pretty strong, I would have to work a lot on my cardio though, I don't know if I would make it through BUDS

hell yeah, bro! For non-citizens, you have to have a green card. But if you live here and acquire citizenship then the military is your oyster

Forgot, my buddy was 0311 and made bank teaching BCS and later working as an instructor with triple canopy

I feel the same way man. I could never kick it. It just goes against every one of my lifestyle choices.

Do you like staring at other dudes' dicks? If so, the military is for you. Yes everytime there is a drug test another soldier has to watch the other guy piss. They watch you watch to make sure you really stare down that dick.

Also you get to take showers with other men, its really awesome.

It's an army of mercenaries and civilians. There's nothing else to add.

>Dicks
You forget about the massive one the command occasionally reams people with

do 4 years in the Navy/Airforce as a mechanic or something.

i was in the Navy for a bit and spent most of my time fucking off, drinking beer, and having sex with asian women.

>I was thinking about joining the Marine Corps after college because I have no fucking plan anyways and I need to do something with my life.

Bad decision unless you like it so much you want to make a career out of it. The Corps sounds really awesome and badass on paper, but it's a pretty crappy service to join. Making rank is far more difficult than other services, and rank is important because it determines how much you get paid and how much you'll get treated like a child.

All of my Marine friends made way less money than me, and are way worse off than I was. Especially since the kinds of jobs on offer for their skill sets are garbage.

If you want to make rank fast and get money while you're in, as well as having a good chance at a job when you get out, research which jobs in the Navy are undermanned.

Join the Air Force if you want to work with the most creature comforts and a high chance of finding a job when you get out, but at the cost of having a slightly tougher time making rank.

t. a Navy vet who made E-5 in with two years in service (literally impossible in the Marines) and got out with $40k in savings, a paid off car, and no debt.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Former Army Infantry here. Deployed to Afghanistan.
If you want a challenge the infantry is for you. It sucks but it's SUPPOSED to suck. We can't have little pansies leading a fireteam can we? The point is for the challenge of it.
Other MOS are not much different than a civilian job. Just follow the standard...

>or Navy if you don't mind being gay
Perfect

It doesn't matter what branch you join anymore, except the army that's just dumb. If you want to be a marine just do aviation maintainence and your future will be all set. Of course it would be easier to do that for the Air Force or Navy but if you really want to be a marine go that route.

>Join the Navy SEALs
>Join

so uh....you know how it all works?

>some guy gets busted with a fake dick full of mountain dew during a drug test
>every drug test after that we had to step back 6 feet from the urinal, drop trou to our ankles, and do a spin

yeah, there is some pretty gay shit. i should tell you guys about the methlab in the barracks, the corpsman who committed suicide by cop, and the senior female NCO who seduced some E-2 into killing her husband.

What was it like being in the Navy? What did you do? Where are you now? May I ask what your occupation is? I'm sorry for the amount of questions but I'm curious.

What's it like out there? Did you ever kill anyone?

Which branch is best if I want to be a sick 720 noscope PMC merc after I get out?

Join, the definition of to become part of. Yah I'm pretty sure I understand English

Are you the same kiddo who wanted to join the French Foreign Legion a few days ago?

every branch has a special forces unit. just git gud.

good chance you are going to see action if you join

The xbone corps kushxhash 420 blazeit

No, different person.

>its like prison with pay

This. I did time a few years back and the dozen or so ex-military all said the living conditions and food was better than the military. I never ran into former Air Force members, but I heard that branch is pretty based. If an Airman has to live in Marine or Army quarters they get a bonus for living in such shitty conditions.

I was thinking more of the xXxdArK_SaSukE420xXx branch but I'll take what I can get senpai

Sounds fucking elite

I'm in the army. Join the air force. Every day I wish my building would burn down around me.

Marine here.
Don't listen to the chair force
The army and it's track record show how shit tier they are
And the navy is for faghots

Marine officer is legit. Look into the different programs they offer, like helping pay of your college while you do summer training. Get a jump-start.

Marine officers are a good majority of fortune 500 companies. Don't listen to that army fag.

If you are willing to be apart of something greater, truely willing to lead from the front. Go for Marines, if not get the fuck out and go to another branch

Thanks for the input, what's so bad about the army?

Rather have a marine in a fox hole with me than a solider or a sailor, I would use the chairman as a sandbag

Join the reserves. All my yankee military friends tell me that being in the reserves basically lets you get paid for sitting around shitposting.

Do it bruh.

Marines have(maybe had?) the best morale of any force despite the shitty things beind said here about them. They get to see more of the world and don't really have commit to long ass land warfare anymore since the ground wars are done (at least politically).

My advice, join the Infantry. Learn how to make the most of literally, the most boring situation and develop a morbid sense of humor and a realization that when you're horny enough, fat chicks are where it's at (especially when factoring time into the equation).

I love how everyone brings up living conditions, food and pay.

How about, you know, you're traveling to some shithole to kill strange people for vague political reasons? No problems with that at all?

>What makes the Navy or Air Force so special in terms of having a job later?

Most of the jobs the Marines offer involve shit that doesn't have practical civilian applications outside of security guards or possibly PMC. But to be a PMC you'd need to be shit hot and probably have more than 4 years service, if not SOF.

The non-combat jobs that the Corps has that also have civilian job prospects are done better by the Navy and the Air Force because they specialize in technology more than combat.

It's cool man, joining the service is a big decision.

Being in the Navy, like most other branches, is all about learning to put up with bullshit. There's always some dumb rules to follow, pointless busy work to be done, or some retard in charge of you that you're legally obligated to obey. The silver lining to all that crap, is that learning to put up with it teaches you a lot about patience and maturity.

My experience was pretty great though. I got lucky and ended up getting stationed on shore in Hawaii (most people get put on a ship for their first tour, which can be fun, but has a lot more of the shit I told you about). It was kick ass because once I got promoted I was paid a shit ton to live off base in my own very nice apartment.

Right now I'm going to college using my G.I. Bill. I'm not working because I've got lots of savings and my parents are cool with me living at home during summer, but I could have gotten a job fairly easily.

Why go marines with a college degree? Admittedly, my knowledge isn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure that Marines are only infantry, calvary, and artillery. You could go Army/Navy/Air Force (what I'm planning on doing, I just graduated college and am applying to OCS with each) where you have the option of each of these, plus stuff like military intelligence, finance, communications, and a bunch of other stuff (including support stuff).

Why would I have a problem killing undesirables?

If you're an officer, that's basically a given (unless you get a dishonorable discharge or something). Federal intelligence and law enforcement agencies love to employ former officers.

Army as an officer. Everything else is retarded

>joining the Marine Corps
I would say to consider every other branch first.

OP here, well I'm not sure why I would. Like i said, I have no plan and no idea what the fuck I want to do with my life. So I'm open to anything.

Any advice on the weekend warriors? In Australia they're called the reserves and get paid 18k tax free a year.

If I signed up, does anyone have any idea of minimum service?

Do you like ass kissing? Sucking up to your higher ups? Want to fuck women who literally have to shave their face? Then join. Fuck Okinawa.

Do you have a job?

You're literally a meme branch dude. Why do we even have marines? The army does every thing they do and with less rapists, gangbangers and thugs!

Plus the army has cool schools for infrantry where you can be Rangers and shit

What's better, officer or enlisted?

What kind of options were available after discharge?

I call dibs on the bodypillow

I was army for quite a while. Wife nagged me enough to get out after 10 yrs.

If I was going to do it again, I'd probably still go army (and not get married). It depends what you want, OP.

I wasn't looking for a safe, structured environment or a steady paycheck - if that's what you want, you can find a good job as a civilian if you're willing to maybe move, especially since you've got a degree.

I wanted to fight and I got enough of that in our national adventures to last me the rest of my life.

Don't join unless you know what the fuck you're looking for.

Dont listen to anyone of this retards here, they are on Sup Forums. Marines are a great branch of respectable men, first to fight and last to leave. Really hard boot camp though with alot of cardio. Any branch is great, Army to Navy to Air force they are all great, and dont let anyone tell you other wise. They all have a incredible roll in keeping this great nation safe. So choose the one you think pertains to you the most

You'll probably killed by chinks or ruskies if you join now

Are you the French legion user from yesterday?

Should have done it before college.

don't listen to this fucker. He's never been in the armed forces.
It's basically a day's worth of work, you put up with some bullshit for 10 or so hours, then go home. When you're deployed, it's 24 hours of shit for 9-12 months, then you're home for a while. Don't be an idiot and sign up for 5+ years for some extra money, it isn't worth it. Do 3 and half years, get out, and get a degree in your field of interest. Military isn't that bad, don't be a pussy in basic training or boot camp (whatever branch you go to) and you'll make it just fine.

If I were you I'd join navy or air force, marines and army have the worst leadership imaginable and you'll probably hate your life unless you like bullshit happening 24/7.
>former armyfag here, did 3 and a half years, got out and loving life.

That's my goal, I'll be applying this November. It's a pipe dream, but I hope to eventually be able to make my way to a special forces officer (18A). The whole idea of teaching/leading rebel/police forces in asymetric warfare/countering asymetric warfare would be really cool, plus it would set me up fantastically for a job as an intelligence officer with the CIA or other intelligence agencies.

Then do something that gives you job prospects for when you get out. That is why you're joining the military, anyway. I mean, who knows, you may love it and make a career out of it, but you want options that don't include staying in the marines until retirement.

>How about, you know, you're traveling to some shithole to kill strange people for vague political reasons?

That's the thing about the Navy. We only have a handful of jobs that involve directly killing people. You still have to travel, and sometimes shitholes are involved, but overall it's pretty nice.

> No problems with that at all?

I assume that anybody who has problems with that sort of thing wouldn't even be considering volunteering, and if I could change their mind about it, I probably wouldn't want them to join anyway.

If you're considering SEALs, go talk to whatever NROTC branch is closest and see about training with them. It should go without saying that BUD/S is no fucking joke, but you'd be surprised what kind of athletes end up quitting. It's the kind of thing that you don't want to go into without getting advice from somebody with actual experience, and the Navy's Dive and SEAL Motivators have it.

Whatever you do DO NOT join with a SEAL contract. They're for stupid kid and gymbros who play too much CoD and don't realize that when they end up quitting BUD/S they're going to get put into whatever shit job the Navy couldn't get anyone else to volunteer for.

Marines are cool if you want to be a grunt and make it your life
maybe you can be a cop when you get out
Army/Navy/AF all have MOS' many of which can translate to civilian life
If you're joining just to burn 4 years and figure out what you want to do and don't expect the military to prepare you for the next job then just join whatever you want.

Do not enlist
NEVER ENLIST
Finish college first and get a commission

Enlisted is shittiest of shit tier
Officer is still shit tier because you're in the military but at least you'll be able to tell enlisted ppl what to do.
but IMO the military is already letting faggots and trannies in they dont need more bodies.

Go for the Navy, then you can go to college while enlisted and possibly join the Seals if you just want to be a dumb ass.

There's a big war coming up in Syria and you stand to lose life and limb for Israel.

If the poster was not in the military I would disregard this post entirely

Let the Jews fight their own battles,, chump

Honestly I was thinking exactly that, if I joined the Marines then when I got out becoming a police officer.

>Rather have a marine in a fox hole with me than a solider or a sailor

Right, and I'd rather hire a sailor, soldier or airman for any job that doesn't involve combat. Right tool for the right job.

Take note OP. The pro-Marine types in this thread () pitch the Corps by talking shit about the other services or obnoxious moto OORAH talking points and canned sayings.

I'm not saying the Corps is necessarily a bad way to go, but you need to carefully consider what you want out of your military service before picking a branch.

Marines have everything the Army has, but with less of a budget.

OP Here, so now that I've heard a lot of opinions, I guess the Marines isn't the best course of option. Most likely I would join either the Navy or the Army. If for whatever reason I wanted to go the extra mile, if I joined the Army could I join the Rangers if I wanted and vice versa for the SEALS for the Navy?

You're damn right we do. I want my fucking Skittles, bitch.

Marines do have MARSOC. Honestly, everyone has something like Rangers. The Navy has SEALs and the Air Force has a special operations wing. That's about it, though. Marines have no JSOC contribution (Army's Delta, Navy's Seal Team 6, Air Force's 24th Special Tactics Squadron, but I think it is air support and doesn't have the direct action capabilities Delta and Seal Team 6 do). The one special operations group that is really unique is the Army Special Forces. Instead of being direct action focused, the Special Forces Groups focus on training armies and rebel groups in countries we are not currently at war with (like probably training the soldiers for the Bay of Pigs Invasion back in the 60s). The focus is on survival in a forest/desert and guerrilla warfare.

What unit are you in? Asking for a friend.

>signing up to die for rich old men's land disputes

This. Army O-4 here.

If you really want to join the armed forces then fuck the US off and join the French Foreign Legion

The choice would be completely up to you as far as Army versus Navy. Just know that whatever you pick, the grass will always look greener on the other side and you'll hate the other side. I'm speaking from Army experience.

Don't do the infantry or try for the special forces stuff. Everybody thinks they want to go that route, and the ones who actually make the mistake of jumping off toward that end up hating their life. Initial entry training pipelines always suck, they just suck worse if you go infantry. The good thing about infantry is that the training for it is not that long beyond basic training. Now the sad fucks that got that 18X enlistment option are set to go down a pipeline that will take them around a year to complete (if they make it) and all of it is just as bad as basic training.
You will get a taste of the Hooah infantry bullshit in basic training. Enlist for your 4 years as something that you kind of like that is an actual job. If you really like the Army life and still find yourself wanting to go infantry to end up Rangers or whatever, THEN reup and switch your MOS to 11B. You'll be saving yourself what will seem like a lifetime of bullshit.

Every MOS is full of former 11B who went in thinking they were super high speed killer types, only to switch over to something that has the tempo (kind of) like a normal job.

Jew pawns.

I'm highly considering this, but concerned due to only 1/10 or so being accepted.

It would suck to fly over just to be DQ'd.

And more enforcement of bullshit rules for the sake of discipline.

If you want to get kicked out of the base convenience store or gym because you don't look like you've shaved good enough, your hair is too long, or just because your Gunny is going through a divorce and needs an outlet for his frustration, join the Corps.

>, I guess the Marines isn't the best course of option

It might be if you've got a degree and they have an officer job that's worth a shit. Number 1 thing about deciding to join the military: DO YOUR RESEARCH. Google is your best friend.

>for whatever reason I wanted to go the extra mile, if I joined the Army could I join the Rangers if I wanted and vice versa for the SEALS for the Navy?

If you want to do either as an officer, you need to be SHIT FUCKING HOT with your PT. A big deciding factor for officers applying to either, especially SEALS is their PT test scores.

Before you apply you should be able to easily complete the (competitive) tier of scores for this test. You should also be one hell of a swimmer (duh), since water is a SEAL's bread and butter.

navyseals.com/nsw/physical-screening-tests/

DO NOT ENLIST SPECIFICALLY TO JOIN SEALS or any SpecOps unit. Your chances of making it are low as fuck, and you don't even know if you'll enjoy the military let alone literally the hardest job they have.

I don't know much about Rangers, but I can talk a little about it in my next post.

What was your rate?

I was in the military.

You're just another tool for the government. You'll probably die for some pointless dickwaving proxy war

Question for you military guys, I'm choosing between Navy and Army. I'm colorblind so my options are limited and I need to wait until October/later this year for new job openings.

For Navy I'm looking at Seabees or corpsman, specifically FMF (we deploy with marines). That or MM/EN, something mechanic/engineering.

For Army I really only want 68W (field medic). Only job for colorblind that isn't supply or admin shit.

I just want to do my 4-5 and get out, save some money, get some adventure, nothing to wild. What do?

That guy is a medic. I recognize the aid bag on his back. Its one of those really small and really shitty Vietnam era aid bags.

Former Ranger in 3/75. Avoid the Army/Marines like the plague. Get a technical job in the other branches. If nothing else, get a job that requires a TS, you'll make bank after you get out if you play your cards right.

Well what the fuck else would I do? I'm in college and my current job is pizza delivery driver. I haven't graduated yet but I have no plan and no idea what I want to do after graduation. What's better?

It's a decent gig man, but I always tell guys who are trying to get in now (who only plan on doing a 3-4 year contract) that you probably won't deploy, so expect garrison bullshit. If you're fine with that, go for it.