I just got through with Season 7 of TWD

I just got through with Season 7 of TWD.

I need to ask everyone a serious question. Preferably people that have seen numerous upon numerous other shows;

Is Daryl Dixon the worst written character on television today?

He goes from a character who had a decent amount of dialogue to literally someone that just mumbles and grunts. I mean even his voice changed. Am I suppose to believe this is some type of character progression? It looks more like they don't know what else to do with his badassery.

I don't think it's ever been more clear than anywhere else that AMC is only keeping him around because he's their cash cow. With fans (mainly under the age of 16) threatening the showrunners they'll quit if he dies.

He seems like he has no business being in the cast other than being one of the only members still from Season 1. All the recycled storylines they give him feel hamfisted and unnecessary.

If you literally had to create all these characters from scratch the easiest person to write would be Daryl Dixon. - A redneck with Batman powers - That's it. There's nothing deep about him. His plot died along with Merle and his character has shown no growth.

If I wanted to add more I'd say Norman Reedus may be a nice person but he's a terrible actor. I'm very sure most of us know this.

I understand this show isn't for the brightest of people but that's why I'm asking if he's literally the worst written character today.

I have a lot more to say but I honestly didn't want to make it long. But the character of Daryl Dixon is clearly just taking up space for the sake of keeping some kids happy.

This chick is the worst acted character on television.

No. Watch Sons of Anarchy.

Which characters are shittier than Daryl in SoA?

Basura.

Jax, or whoever that faggots name is.

He's ass trash but still better than Daryl. All he does is mumble and purposely fake cries because he really doesn't give a shit about Glenn.

>still better than Daryl
Nope.
>All he does is mumble and purposely fake cries because he really doesn't give a shit about Glenn.
The actor cried real tears. Your autistic hate-boner doesn't give you the right to flat out lie.

Oh Jesus. A fucking Daryl apologist. Sorry if you legit believed his acting fake tears or not.

Any showrunner worth their salt would have killed Daryl but kept Merle

He's the reason I stopped watching the show.

This.

Darrel sucks, but don't try to argue with his fans. You're only going to catch yourself in a headache.

Faggots just don't like him because the girls they can't get swoon over him. This board is the epitome of contrarian just to be cool. Pathetic

he's just a meme character, they exist in all popular shows. he got all his character development in the first few seasons and now he's always coasting off of that, just there to provide more meme material. no need to waste time and energy trying to write good stuff for him when the fans will love him no matter what.

Tyrion is another example of this.

>they had the audacity to kill off daughterfu

did the barn scene even happen in comics?

At least Tyrion has dialogue other than *redneck grunting*

>le I love tits and wine XD I'm so silly weeee look at me do nothing since the end of season 4

what is that? a scar

>He goes from a character who had a decent amount of dialogue to literally someone that just mumbles and grunts.
I don't even understand what he's saying anymore.

season 2 was 70 percent filler. Sophia is still alive in the comics.