>gets crowned king
>starts singing out of nowhere

wtf did he have autism or something?

Kings can do whatever they want.

This franchise is almost as dull as star wars

as soon as i'm king, i'm whipping my dick out

>gets crowned king
>starts writing bad tax policy out of nowhere

Read the books, 20% of them of are just reciting old Elvish limericks or some shit

Is it, dare I say, one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises?

Why did he shave off his eyebrows?

apperently the whole LotR universe came into existance by a song, and all sauron singing out of tune was like the pandora's box that fucked it all up. So music is a big deal.

String theory. The universe is made of vibrating strings, aka music.

Yo wtf

Those are really thin eyebrows wtf

HP is much more engrossing tbqh

Yeah but did he sing his tax policy?

even rising taxes?

"No!"

sounds gay as fuck

>insert Harry Potter pasta

no it's tolkien fantasy, come on now 420 is behind us

Not an argument only fellowship is good

>I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh lord.....
Really took me out of the film

>Gets crowned king
>"I'm going for the flat tax"

>distant Elven political journalist:
>"Yes, but what of his artistic merit?"

Really made me think.

Yes, HOWEVER, Harry Potter is one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series' only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it's certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

honestly, will any fantasy writer ever be able to surpass his genius?

Not an argument

it's a perfectly valid argument

Daragornphfags BTFO

No it isn't every single film is completely different feeling with different direction and tone

The movies were actually pure vulgar auteurism, unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody? Just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

there's a lot of lines in there from the original that feel completely out of place
needs work

There's many dullest shitpost antipastas that one is an older one

They actually sing A LOT on the books. And i mean A LOT.

The movies depict very few songs in comparison.

>sauron

Finish the book George

What is the tax policty of westeros anyway? They were increasing taxes at one point and are very trigger-happy with their credit line. And it's not like this will lead into something: at the end of the day every credit will be forgiven in the name of fighting the true evil.

I mean i enjoyed the books and they feel somewhat grounded but not nearly enough to be condescending towards another author.

desu people are mostly taking his quotes out of context
he talks about how great tolkien is all the time, and in this instance he was criticizing how people copy tolkien's style without adding anything new