Why does every movie trailer need 70s-90s music now?

Why does every movie trailer need 70s-90s music now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ3C9BJUt4
youtube.com/watch?v=pgRSyAfcFQE
youtu.be/WdhvxJZDqzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the thor trailer it's okay because the Led Zeppelin song they use is about Vikings and a magic hammer and shit

Because old music rocks. I was born in the wrong generation.

This. So much this.

i bet op is a fan of jutin beber...

If this thread had a dislike bar...it would be the size of Justin Queerber and OPs dick lol xD

I bet you guys are a fan of Rick and Morty

>modern media in all its forms pales in comparison to its predecessors
>music, film, vidya, tv getting worse by the year
>modern media openly acknowledge this with remakes, reboots and revivals

What is their endgame?

The modern world is completely shit and generic, so they use stuff from times when things had soul and were made with passion. Not to mention the nostalgia.

It's just a recent hollywood trend actually.

Mummy - Paint it black
Thor Ragnarok - Immigrant song
King Arthur - Baby I'm gonna leave you

did I leave any out?

How come soundtracks in films are either boring compositions or licensed tracks but video games are almost always god-tier compositions?

youtube.com/watch?v=8QJ3C9BJUt4

It can't be about money since their budgets are ridiculously large. I don't get it.

They're popular in Marvel and comic movies because those were mostly the peak years of comic fandom so they do it to force nostalgia

The whole trend started with GotG, obviously. We could add to that Suicide Squad and I -think- Justice League?
I don't know if we could include Deadpool but I'm fairly sure we could.

oh right I forgot about those they all fit the criteria.

which Deadpool trailer had a rock song? I've only seen the x gonna give it to ya

Because old music is comfy

Classic rock is a popular music genre with capeshit's target audience, 15-25 year old white males and is largely inoffensive which doesn't trigger any alarms in a normie parent's brain, encouraging them to take their kids to see it

Modern mainstream rock is extremely pathetic though there are some good small-time bands here and there like Far From Alaska and Rival Sons

fucking newfag

60s music is gay and 00s music is too mainstream

I don't know, but I see that among streamers as well.

Most of the music I here is from the 00's or earlier. I rarely hear anything that would be considered modern. I used to think it was just a camgirl thing to make older "customers" more comfortable, or to seem quirky and unique, hipsterish. 'I rarely listen to anything after 95" or something to that effect. But it seems like it's all over Twitch as well. But for whatever reasons it seems to be a more popular era of music. I mean SS was filled with current artists and songs and people did nothing but shit on that.

Guardians of the Galaxy did something new and somewhat inventive and was wildly successful so now everyone needs to ape it for a while.

To attract the plebs and mainstream people for maxmium shekels

this is an actual, plausible answer OP

>No Viking Metal in Thor

Fuck Marvel normie trash

Deadpool went old school rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=pgRSyAfcFQE

Are you fucking serious?
There hasn't been good music since the 80s.
A couple songs here and there in the 90s.
But the 00s through now?
Come the fuck on user.

this looks cornball, but fun

Thor (not in the movies) has always been a bit over the top and cheesy. The movies have been mishandled this entire time.

This one might be bad too, but it seems to be a step in the right direction.

Ill take it over trailers having Kanye West songs, random dubstep sounds or generic BRRRRRRRR.... BBBBBBRRRRRRR.... BBBBRRRŔRRRR

Wolf of wall street trailer pulled it off with a Kanye track I'd say

Well, I cant argue with those Jesus trips.

youtu.be/WdhvxJZDqzU

GotG made a shitload of money

I think it's because people would hear a song they know. Plus, new music is really over produced. Pro-tools were a mistake.

> try to talk about pre-2005 music and people call it dad rock.

I liked Limp Bizkit when I was in my early teens. I really enjoyed them and defended the music to older folks. Now I'm 30 and I realize I was a fucking idiot and that music was trash. With age comes perspective.

Robot voices were a mistake.

Since 1953 actually, when Prokofiev died

>english
Dropped

>The whole trend started with GotG
Watchmen was released in 2009 m8, unless we're talking only about trailers then I don't give a fuck

>my nostalgia goggles makes me think all of this is happening
>ignore any resurgence in independent film, original television shows with critical acclaim, technological inventions in film or complete changing of all entertainment mediums because of the internet
Yes, it is all just a "le bad" meme

For it to come crashing down, paving the way for a second New Hollywood Renaissance.

You, sir, are a fucking idiot.

We are in a Renaissance, just not one explicitly in Hollywood.

Because there's a lot of good old tunes out there and teenagers and young adults have probably never heard them.

You old as fuck I bet. Old people clinging onto the past give me the shits. There's so much great new stuff and whether you like it or not some of it is better than stuff from the past.

Because the people involved were around then and remember that music.

>Muh Space Viking Movie
>Need popular song for the trailer
>What song do I know that is about Vikings

Because it's infinitely better than some shitty rap or dubstep.

so much redditors ITT and on Sup Forums now

CUZ IM BOUT TO GET DANGEROUS

i still listen to my childhood, early teens music

Music doesn't need a justification based on "muh age". Only your tastes have changed.