Hey 4 chan what do you think of this movie

hey 4 chan what do you think of this movie

overrated garbage

2010 ist besser

Explain to me how

I think it'd be a masterpiece if not for the beginning and the end.
I loved HAL, loved how the film handled A.I. (and his death scene was perfect).

The beginning and the end both would've been fine stand-alone silent short films. It's not that I didn't "get" it, I understand the whole concept of the monolith and how he became a new form of higher life and everything, it just felt silly and almost like an entirely separate film from the middle third with HAL going rogue, you know? Yeah, it's all related, I just think it could've flowed better.

I honestly think it would just be an average films without those two bookends. They make the film.

Pretentious trash for people who think they're deep

one of the GOATs

i hope heaven looks like this

one of top 10 greatest movies ever made

hey Anomalous, i think it's o-kay ! :D

this

we'll never see anything like it ever again

is this true though

Yes it is. It's canon.

but be it the trutru?

Yes yes, 100% Canon
True story, happend on Sup Forums.

Artsy garbage that is 2 hours too long.
>let's overextend the length of pointless scenes
>WOOAAAAH A SHOT OF THE ASTRONAUT DRIFTING IN SPACE SHOWN 20 TIMES
>WOASHHHHH FLYING COLORS FOR 10 MINUTES
So why does the obelisk not seem to do anything when humans discover the one on the moon. The technology of them finding the one on the moon and going to Jupiter is the exact same.

Because of many theories:

1) It is an observer and not the direct cause of evolution.

or

2) It only appears when a great leap in evolution is about to happen.

it's a meme movie, taylor made for reddit

>Being this dumb
Those scenes can be so long because they're amazing shots. If you'd have paid attention you'd know the monolith on the moon sent a signal to the monolith above jupiter so that humans could find it.

In Sup Forums, everything is Reddit, even life and te universe = Reddit accordig to Sup Forums. My god, you people are pathetic, edgy, cynical, racist, poor, ignorant, autistic and retard as fuck.

>2001: a space odyssey
what kind of stupid name is that for a movie? and who the fuck is stanley kurbick?

back to reedit with this pleb shit faggot >>>

>Let's have scenes like the flight attendant walking on velcro or having that random dude talking on the phone to his daughter
LUL get it, it's the future.
Why even have the one at Jupiter? Clearly humanity had proved itself getting to the moon obelisk.
So what? The next evolution is man conquering machine? What does the obelisk have to do with Hal randomly going berserk?

Where? Point me the right direction.

Also:
We need to go back

I always had my own interpretation of the movie. I think that monolith themselves are the aliens, only living in a far complicated dimension, hence what we see of them is just unnatural slab of stone. When Dave approaches the third alien, he is dragged into aliens dimension. After that he sees stuff he cannot even remotely comprehend, first his mind tries to get it objectively, but after all just tries to apply the most wild concepts to give Dave ability to navigate around, hence this bizarre furniture and Dave seeing himself rapidly aging. After that at last Alien visits him and sends Dave back to Earth in a new form, this time compatible with comprehension of Alien dimension.

It had nothing to do with HAL going berserk, HAL going Berserk was like the apes going berserk at the start of the movie, it became self aware and wanted to protect itself.

My god, it's the theme of the movie of how human evolution coincides with the use of tools but eventually, those tools will out pace humans in terms of development unless we undergo our next step in evolution.

I have a feeling this is bait but fuck it, Poe's law is a bitch.

well considering you're namefagging on an anonymous board you clearly crave the hierarchical forum structures you'll find on reddit

Well I gonna leave Sup Forums 4 good.

Farewell 4channers, Farewell racistic autistic motherfucking neckbeards edgy nerds!

A decent plot needlessly padded out by boring scenes that drag on for too long

Just read the book instead

The first half of the HAL part is easily the worst.

You sound very underage user. Please do leave. Come back when you enter puberty to lurk.

No ignorant gayposter, I'm not underage.
Also I will leave Sup Forums now, 4 forever, never returning. I stay on Reddit, way better than this shithole.

2 tips for all you guys: Grown up & go outside

>renaissance is italian for rebirth

americans...

>taylor made

>taylor made
Holy kek. Also kys

overrated snoozefest

The beginning is 3 minutes of black screen and noise. Then: MGM logo.
The end is random PS filters and noise.
Bravo, Kubrick.