6 > 4 > 5 > 1 > R1 > 7 > 2 > 3

6 > 4 > 5 > 1 > R1 > 7 > 2 > 3

>including Rogue One on the list at all

I actually didnt even know what it was about so I completely freaked out at the end.

>including TFA or RO

4>3>1>5>6>2

>3 is the 2nd best
I Haaaate Youuuu

5 > 6 > 4 > R1 > 3 > TFA > 1 ≥ 2

>3>4>5>1>2>7

kill yourself

Was it just me or was the reason he worked on the death star pretty lame or just inexplicable? I mean his wife was already dead and his daughter was lost? If they held his wife hostage that would be made a lit more sense. He'd let whole worlds die if he could just be with his wife. Was there any real reason he thought he'd see his daughter again?

How rude

>all these plebs with R1 above 7.

7 is the worst. Lmfao at you calling anyone a pleb daisyfag.

4 > 5 > 3 > 6 > 7 > R1 > 1 > 2

All other opinions are reddit

Well those are some pretty heavy trips but 3 over 6 is inexcusable

>durr Ewoks are so lame

get raped by niggers you fucking faggot

Gonna get shit for this

5 > 4 > 7 > 6 > R1 > 3 > 1 > 2

Actually a pack at least 5 deep run from me boy

ANH > ESB > ROTJ > RO > TFA > ROTS > TPM > AOC

At least literally every one of us agrees that 2 sucks at least relatively. It's not without its inherent charm but still.

decent movies>capeshit>5>4>6>1>3>2

5 > 6 > 7 > 4 > R1 > 1 > 3 >2

>At least literally every one of us
kill yourself consensus fag

I didn't imply it's proof but yes it indicates that.

>kill yourself
Thank you edgelord

>was the reason he worked on the death star pretty lame or just inexplicable?
Originally worked on it because:
"Galen was mislead into believing that Celestial Power represented the Emperor's dream of reconstructing the galaxy devastated during the Clone Wars by providing nearly unlimited energy. In addition to supposedly reducing poverty and aiding developing worlds, Galen was led to believe it would also deter growing Separatist holdouts from gaining new members dissatisfied at the pace of imperial reconstructive efforts."

When he allowed them to take him back, what other choice did he have. Was just going to keep refusing until they conceded? Realized that there was at least a chance they don't kill his daughter if he gave in and he could also sabotage.

>Was there any real reason he thought he'd see his daughter again?
Denial/hope.

Him making Jyn kind of integral to the sabotage plan being successful is kinda weird, but maybe he didn't give a shit about the Galaxy if his daughter isn't in it. But also wasn't she only really important for knowing "Stardust." Something had to be the code name.

V>IV>VI=III>R1>I>II>VII

This is the only correct answer

This is correct

Return of the Jedi was just alright. 5>4>6

TOP TIER
4, 5, 6
MID TIER
1, 3, R1
SHIT TIER
2, 7

I don't know, maybe I could reconcile it that if he didn't do it then somebody else would have but least he would sabotage it. Did they imply that no one else could do the job but him? I've only seen it once.

>mfw they change the episode numbers to 10/11/12 and announce another prequel trilogy

I like certain short scenes from it like when Anakin kills Tusken Raiders (wish they showed more and it was longer) and when Jango gets his head cut off but not much else.
I actually kinda enjoy the Yoda combat.

Do Star Wars threads just print (You)'s now? Is that why we needed a third thread on Sup Forums about this exact topic?

I really liked the opening sequence. That whole noir aspect went literally nowhere but I respect them for trying and thought it was still done well.

>I actually kinda enjoy the Yoda combat
Yoda fights should have just been using the force. Like Count Chocula pulls out his light saber and Yoda throws it away with the force and then they just start throwing shit at each other. Would have been way better. The tiny lightsaber is gay as fuck.

I only watched once also, but I remember them making him out to be the best and the brightest. Maybe they could have made an effort to replace him, but the Empire isn't going to take no for an answer.

Kek, I've been generating Star Wars (You)s all day. Fight me.

I double checked and all the rest were pretty different. Sorry it just went to redbox yesterday and like I said I didn't even know what it was about so my mind is still kinda blown.

Why are there so many of this? Why aren't remakes of greek myths this popular?

That's one of the things that blew my mind about the end of Rogue One. It wasn't the first time it's been done but seeing Vader do it like that had me climbing the walls myself.

5>4>R1>6>VII=3>2>1

Force users had already been changed to be superheroes, so it still works with using the force to go hyper midget mode even as an old cripple. But, yeh, I'd probably like it more also if he purely used the force; would be unique and fit his character as one of the strongest force users. Guess Lucas wanted to prove that Yoda got saber skills too; a bit of a surprise to the viewer.

Is there any criticism about PM other than muh Jajar?

5>4>RO>6>TFA>1>3>2

< Obligatory.

>It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force

This. 100% correct answer.

absolute kino, but that one guy yelling
>HURRY UP AND GET THIS FUCKING DOOR HERE
>HELP US PLEASE HE'S FUCKING HERE
was a bit much for a kid's movie.

That was actually really powerful thanks. It's still hard to believe this exists.

My favourite Jar Jar Binks movie is the first one.

>was a bit much for a kid's movie.
That's what's good about Rouge One compared to the prequels and TFA. The tone of the entire film isn't complete babby tier.

When they inevitably remake Episodes IV-VI, I hope they add more moments like that.

Qui-Gon is unnecessary. Should have just been Obi-Wan that found Anakin. Anakin didn't need to be a toddler. Lack of general focus for the plot. It really shows at the end when there's 4 different things going on at once and you don't care about any of them. It's overall pointless to the other two prequels.

I swear it s even still toned down. The blind guys death was kind of suspicious. If something wasn't literally left on the floor then there's a storyboard. With just a tiny tweak that scene could've been way more intense.

>>RO
>>TFA
>correct

That being said it's a really comfy flick with a lot of good cinematography, special effects, and set designs.

Qui-Gon was necessary to show what the straight normal Jedi looks like. Obi-Wan was a bit of a weird guy himself.

>When they inevitably remake Episodes IV-VI
Wut, don't bring me down man.

>But by our skills with a lightsaber.
Best dialogue.

90's born queers were a mistake.

I still don't understand how 2 is considered worse than 1. It only has a few cringy scenes, while 1 has plenty of dumb stuff.

>toddler
9 years old

tfa and r1 have more dumb stuff than either of them

I'm actually the exact same age as star wars thank you. This scene was basically a 40th birthday present. At least going by the home video release date.

People keep praising how he used force here, but the fact is if he just plowed through them with a saber, he'd get the data and SW would be over.

I think 2 is one of the worst movies ever made. It's fucking unbearable. The Phantom Menace is stupid but at least it's a fun flick. Attack of the Clones is painful to watch.

Dumb stuff in 1 is just kids stuff. Kids like it, it's for kids. Dumb stuff in 2 is just dumb.

Can not agree more. Truly the Patrician's taste

Nice quads btw.

you're not fooling anyone kid.

Kinda feel that Obi-Wan still being a padawan when the responsibility to train Anakin fell on him provides a bit more reasoning as to why Anakin got lost to the dark side. Obi wasn't ready to be a teacher and failed Anakin to some degree.

5>RO>4>3>6>7>1>2

Anakin always takes his time and fights stylishly; dude was having fun. It's one of his flaws.

I saw Return of the Jedi in the theater at the same mall where True Stories with David Byrne was filmed.

I agree 100% with this. Yoda should have been his master though. Like it was implied in the OT.

Oh my god...

>being this retarded
user I don't know what to say...

well you're either a young retard or a very stunted middle aged man. i still think you're a retarded kid though.

Maybe uninvolved but there's nothing actually retarded about it. I mean I got more suspicious as the movie went on that it was leading up to this but I was totally blind sided that it led exactly up to the beginning of 4. The shock of that is almost indescribable.

Hey 40s the new 30

maybe if you're some sort of hipster faggot cuck

>R1 > 7
kill yourself

GR8 B8 M8 8/8

What's your list?

The only thing I'm second guessing now is 2 over 3

The Battle of Scarif stuff up until the end is better than anything in The Force Awakens but as a whole VII is a way better movie.

Watched rogue one last night for the first time after putting it off for ages. Seems I put it off for a reason. It was boring and generic as fuck. Didn't help that It felt like I was watching a film called minority wars. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have 50 year iold women flying x wings lmfao? what a fucking joke. I didn't like tfa but it was more enjoyable than this, purely because of the ost and old faces.

>better movie
A better movie that shits all over SW universe. Nobody cares that it's a better movie. Star Trek 1 is a better movie.

What was a weakness with R1? I thought it was completely solid.

For me it wasn't even the fact that it lead directly into IV but how perfectly executed it was. I felt like I was watching a missing scene from A New Hope. My jaw was on the floor.

You literally cannot provide a reason as to why that is not true.
VII: The characters are unrealistic, shallow, and unlikeable. Some of the camera shots are awful. The pace is fucking whack. The scenes seem stitched together. Some of the locations are obviously set pieces. The story line is almost literally A New Hope.

>purely because of the ost and old faces.
There were more old faces in Rogue One than TFA.

>What was a weakness with R1?
Soulless and boring.

It's a really messy and sluggish first half. It takes a while to really pick up. I was never fully immersed until they reached Scarif.

RO: The characters are unrealistic, shallow, and unlikeable. Some of the camera shots are awful. The pace is fucking whack. The scenes seem stitched together.

>I thought it was completely solid.
what a fucking retard

>The scenes seem stitched together.
No, that describes Suicide Squad. Rogue One flowed just fine.

5 > 4>R1=6>3>1>7>2

Well what was a hole? I thought it clipped along without missing a beat.

>Rogue One flowed just fine.

Well, not really ones I gave a shit about besides vader. tfa had the key old faces and the soundtrack to go with it. Both films are shit though, period.

>Soulless
Kek, it has more mature themes and ambiguous characters and more on screen violence and human tragedy than most of the other films. I don't mean to say SO COOL CAUSE FOR US ADULTS WE'RE MATURE XD, but the other films gloss over death and tragedy so much it doesn't even evoke any emotions.

You have ten seconds to explain why it didn't.