Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/
letterboxd.com/hkssalv/film/the-void-2016/
letterboxd.com/YellowRomeda/
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
letterboxd.com/machill54/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone know of any good writings on Ming-liang Tsai films? Recently been going through his filmography and they're very compelling.

s
m
o
o
t
h
h
a
n
d
s

Indeed they are, and I would also be interested in quality content.

However
>Ming-liang Tsai
I can't take it

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/

letterboxd.com/hkssalv/film/the-void-2016/

Hated The Void desu senpai.

>Hated The Void
+1

I regret falling for the shill's trick

letterboxd.com/YellowRomeda/

watched High Fidelity and Ghost World back to back, made me reflect on how garbage I am

damn, I'm really looking forward to it

any good recommendations?

>To the Wonder

Really, nigga?

What are you implying, frog?

yeah man, tree of life was there until I watched to the wonder, I think I was really in the right place for it, needs a rewatch to see if it still sits there

my top 4 is selected from only what I've seen in 2017 though

Easily Terry's best.

Hell no, but still fantastic

Hell yeah, but rest of the oeuvre is still fantastic.

Previous thread:

I watched Rebels of the Neon God last night and enjoyed it. I'm glad I gave Tsai another chance after Face, which I found excruciatingly boring.

Kill yourself, stupid faggot

>Psychotronic video
Is that still publishing?

where can I watch COMPUTER SHARTS?

and no i'm not paying that fatass to see this turd

i am only watching PURE cinema now

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

Don't call him that.

why did you like green room its fucking shit

t. vulgar auteur nigger

>Because this is a movie, and women die to excuse men's violence in every movie.

>review is a boring personal story that has nothing to do with the film
>353 likes

give me kino or give me death

Give me an address and I'll deliver :)

The VOD guy seems to not know what a good movie is.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, USA

Fuck, I'll have to cross the ocean

letterboxd.com/albion

t. embryo

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

Mod Fuck Explosion was exactly what it sounds like, gritty and entertaining.

I loved and connected with The Sacrifice more than any other Tarkovsky I've seen. It's much more grounded and tangible than The Mirror, but still maintains the ethereal qualities. My thoughts are better articulated in my review.

I'm moderately confused on The Devil, Probably. I can't understand whether the film wants you to comdemn, empathize, sympathize, criticize, identify with or simply analyze the main character. Whichever is the case, the main character is still an insufferable piece of shit. He's like every nihilist you met in high school that would argue that politics, religion, relationships, etc are all pointless, and act as if they're intelligent for figuring that out. Disappointed in Bresson.

>Offret more grounded than Mirror
did we watch the same films

I mean in the fact that it has more of a cohesive, linear narrative. Not in the aspect of realism or having a straightforward message.

oh dear lord what is that compression yuck

Why do you want to see it? It's really, really bad.
I guess I could upload to mega or something.

I must say to the raters both in my country and USA are fucking faggots....they gave a rate of 3 of 10 to Miami Vice.....Miami Vice have it all...good music, good story, love scene etc......fucking fags raters...piss me off...give good ratings on Broke back Mountain,...when two cowboys fuck each other in the ass...but this is a movie....

I liked both films desu.

Mann is a hack

but the movie isn't nihilistic it's about the guy's nihilism. seems like you just didn't have the patience

your mom is a whore

This.

the only unrest that is of importance

is the unrest in my pants

BENIS :DDDDDD

BENIS :DDDDDD

You're right, I don't have a lot of patience for those kind of characters. If they movie isn't nihilistic, what is it? What is it saying about the guys nihilism? What is the purpose of the film?

They were for donations for Trumps inauguration, not FROM Trump

sounds like you got BRESSONED my man

I really liked Pickpocket and A Man Escaped though, and I love the acting style. There is just nothing interesting being explored in The Devil, Probably.

To me, Bresson forces you to project emotions onto the characters because of his use of minimal performances. It's been years since I saw that one though so I can't say anything specific.

Maybe it says something about you that you were so annoyed by this guy?

I haven't seen the film but from what you have talked about it sounds a bit like L'Étranger. Where it takes nihilism to it's logical conclusion.

I like that aspect of the film at least. You're probably right, and that's why I don't know if it's the fault of the film or of me. With impressionistic acting, does my judgement derive from my personal impression or the intent of the director?

I believe that is the central theme of the film. My problem is that sometimes it seems to glorify or romanticize the main character and other times condemn him or sometimes it takes a minimal observational approach. I don't know if these are the intentions of Bresson, or just my impressions.

Is it truly possible to fully appreciate and understand Bresson's cinema and Diary of a Country Priest especially, without being a Christian?

Is it truly possible to fully appreciate and understand life, without loving Emily Jean?

Bruce Melvin pls go

of course you fucking retard
i can appreciate kiarostami's gay ass shit films without being a raghead

of course you fucking retard
i can appreciate my gay ass shit life without being a stonehead

but can you FULLY appreciate it?

but can you FULLY appreciate it?

What does that even mean? How can you ever be sure if you are FULLY appreciating something or not?

I think that was the intention of the question.

when was the last time you turned off a film more than halfway in /lbg/?

I watched 37 minutes of 52-Pickup, which is about a third.

52-Pickup is a fucking masterpiece you faggot.

I'd already read the novel so I knew what was going to happen on a plot level and the filmmaking and acting, etc weren't keeping me interested. It's not a masterpiece for its first 37 minutes and I imagine that holds true throughout the entire running time.

Mr. Nobody

I believe this is the worst film ever made

Pretty reasonable assessment. I will never understandwhy it has a 3.7 on Letterboxd.

>With impressionistic acting, does my judgement derive from my personal impression or the intent of the director?
i'm not sure what you mean. wouldn't it depend on the person watching? interesting thought though

circus savage, turned it off about 4 hours in

I just don't know how to parse my own view of the character and the intended view of the character. Partially because I don't even know what the intended view of the character is supposed to be, if there's even supposed to be an intended view.

Stopped watching Chimes At Midnight about an hour in, left the theatre about 30 minutes in for Guardians of the Galaxy

I don't think there is an intended view of the character. Some people will be annoyed by him, like you, some sympathetic and maybe some apathetic and that's totally fine. Does pretentious edgelords like him not deserve to have a movie made about them?

sorry if i'm not much help.

Only director to make me do this Lars Von Trier. Fucking hack

Rate

Turned off Mann's Thief around 1h15m

nah

why aren't you following me yet?

that last Refn movie with the ugly blonde

are you #teamfollowback

I almost always follow back, i only do a exception for complete and total imdb top 250 plebs. But i check their profiles now and then to see if they have started to watch something interesting yet, then i follow

Who?

letterboxd.com/machill54/

why aren't you following me yet?

Because I don't know your profile!

u r like my 10th followed person

Follow me: neural99

I...DECLARE.... KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoOOooooOOOOoooooooOOoo

i was in the mood for following someone today but then you made me look for it so i just followed machill instead

What's in it for me?

I am the best user, follow me. Not that fraud.

thank you for your service

yea but u didn't follow me back though :'(

that sucks my dude, im really sorry to hear that

i forget my account name

It's ok buddy you'll remember it eventually *KISS*

kiss this
8===========D~~

>Goal for 2017: 500 films
Family we're almost a third done with the year and you've only watched 74 films.

Sorry to hear that little I always remember things better if I write them down 10 times.