How are guys kissing other guys on the cheek(in a brotherly way ofcourse) seen in your country?

How are guys kissing other guys on the cheek(in a brotherly way ofcourse) seen in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d4V0aD2PF14
youtube.com/watch?v=vs1PRUHvuSw
youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3DlbaWqJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to kill myself for making this

It is very well accepted here
I give a kiss to say hello to all my guy friend

>How are guys kissing other guys on the cheek(in a brotherly way ofcourse) seen in your country?
Generally gay unless it's a kid kissing his dad.

No, it's completely unacceptable.

The bise isn't really a kiss though, if you actually kiss your friend like you'd kiss your (hypothetical) girlfriend's cheek you will get weird looks
No contact with the mouth during the bise, more like bumping each other's cheeks

this

what about how greeks do it?

I don't know, how do they do it ?

they kiss the tip of the penis of the nearest turk they can find

Related video by the way, worth more than words to describe it
youtube.com/watch?v=d4V0aD2PF14

Continentals are fags.

It's called culture sweaty you wouldn't get it

>continentals

You aren't exactly an island, so welcome

It's a norm among elders.

I used to get kissed on the cheek by my seniors when I was in 8-9th grade. It was flattering and i considered it an honor since they were chads

we don't unless it's a close relative, well maybe of you are drunk and you have an emotive breakdown

>You aren't exactly an island

Except we are, for all intents and purposes. Always have been. There's just some barely traversable wasteland in Russia connecting us. And guess what, there's a fucking canal running through that wasteland from sea to sea anyway. We're part of Europe as much as France is part of the Asia.

Only to the closest buds

If its family then is ok

which one of you is jorge?

Mandatory

Gay unless it's for the bants.

You are not an island and thus are continentals, period. I don't even have to argue, it's a simple fact
Even saying you are an island as far as culture goes is wrong, Sweden is no more unique than most other European countries and took part in the global History of the continent more than once

>You are not an island and thus are continentals, period. I don't even have to argue, it's a simple fact

It's as much of a fact as France is an Asian country.

>Even saying you are an island as far as culture goes is wrong

No, it's absolutely not. You just don't know any better. Continental culture is utterly and completely different. It's not about Sweden either. It's about the Nordic cultural sphere. We all call you continentals, always have (except Denmark, because they're sort of inbetween). Because we are not the same. And actually, we are pretty fucking unique, historically. Few things ever worked here the way it worked on the continent. Still doesn't work the same. We are an insular entity.

None, I doubt that Jorge has received a kiss

I don't even know what the difference is desu

why? is he not good looking?

Seen mostly as gay. Only normal if you are in the non German parts of Germany desu.

UK: Very weird

Trinidad: Disgusting

But the rest of the continent is also made up of different cultural spheres, the Nordics are one among many, it's not a single grey area down there
So yeah, the Nordics are unique, but so are Mediterranean culture and the British Islands for instance.
I'm not denying you are isolated and have a strong identity (drowned in all the globalism nowadays but same with us) but not enough to consider yourself separate from Europe

That's culturaly speaking, as far as geography goes I don't know how I could convince you Sweden is not island other than telling you to look at a fucking map, but you already know that anyway

Well, it's a lot of little things and a few big things that you'll become acutely aware of eventually. Why do you think a commercial such as this can be made on the premise of "continental drinking culture"?

youtube.com/watch?v=vs1PRUHvuSw

gay af (in a brotherly way of course)

>the rest of the continent

No, sorry, that doesn't include us as I will continue to insist upon. We are peripherally European at best. But we'll never be continentals.

>as far as geography goes I don't know how I could convince you Sweden is not island
Are you going to admit that France is an Asian country or not? After all, there are fewer borders between France and North Korea than there are between France and Sweden.

Btw, if you are continental or something, I doubt you'll understand this commercial.

In the UK continental Europe refers to countries that are part of the contiguous landmass of Europe (for purely geographical reasons), I think Scandinavians have the same definition but exclude themselves (for cultural reasons)

is that you on the left of the right

or a dad kissing his son

left

Yes, it's something like that. But think about. We are practically an island off the northern coast of continental Europe, just like you're off the west. It's not like you'd go through Russian wilderness to go to Germany from anywhere in Sweden. And that would be even more unlikely if not utterly impossible a hundred years ago. So for all intents and purposes, we have ever been an island off continental Europe, much like you.

we have "la bise" here too, but I hate it and I don't think young guys do it

Do you think people in the rest of Europe don't binge drink on the weekends or what?

Some might, but that's not the point.

bit gay

As a continental from a peninsula on the opposite side of the continent, I don't notice those differences that make Sweden so different. Sure there are difference, but there are differences everywhere.

>As a continental

Yeah, I knew it. It's a Nordic thing, that you obviously don't understand. Don't be so arrogant to think that you know this place, or this culture.

Want to point out that I was right here also You didn't understand it at all. Because why would you, as an outsider.

Kissing another dude for any reason but having a laugh is strictly taboo

Walloons kiss each other.
Flemings give each other firm hand shakes.

Only guy I kiss is my dad, but it's normal to kiss close family members (grandparents, siblings, etc)

the fuck are you cunts wearing

A patrician's choice, pashtun area everyone wore this, western clothes were frowned upon

Don't be so arrogant to think you're so unique.

>A patrician's choice

Yeah sure thing m8

Dresses so when they're done kissing each others faces they have easy access to each others arse holes

Are you Pashto?

Go back.

this

Did they fuck you too?

Make me

>western clothes were frowned upon
your boyfriend is wearing a fucking tweed sport coat and the boy in the background has a "western" jumper
also I thought pakistan was meant to be hot you all look like you're dressed for winter

Maybe we will. But don't worry, you'll like it much better at home where you can kiss other men and eat dinner at midnight and drink like on a Tuesday just like the rest of your continental kin. All paid for with your continental currency.

yes

Europe is full of different cultures, and the Nordics are one of them
I don't see why it is so hard to wrap your head around this. Being different doesn't mean a free pass to claim you are your own continent or some stuff. Portugal is on the verge of Europe, they are extremely different than say Polish people and yet both are European.
As for "muh wilderness" separating you from the continentals, that's forgetting everything relevant about Sweden is in the south and has always been in contact with the rest of us, ships ARE a thing and you aren't very far

>Maybe we will
I like your non-continental sense of humor

pakistan isn't hot, only south is, also by western I meant jeanz and shirts

In Alabama its normal to full tongue kiss your friends randomly, don't even have to ask

Also I realize I'm totally doing the "lemme tell you about your country" stuff, but still

lel

Not even friends just anyone you want to really
Gay as fuck if you kiss a girl though

Understandable
Girls love guys after all and there's nothing gayer than that

>Europe is full of different cultures, and the Nordics are one of them

And the continental cultures are another set entirely.

> Being different doesn't mean a free pass to claim you are your own continent or some stuff.

Nobody does that, we're just saying we're not Europe. Just like Turkey isn't really Europe, even though it'd be an easy mistake to make. Not a flattering comparison, I admit, but a very apt one nonetheless.

>As for "muh wilderness" separating you from the continentals, that's forgetting everything relevant about Sweden is in the south and has always been in contact with the rest of us, ships ARE a thing and you aren't very far

That isn't actually true first of all, and secondly it doesn't even make any sense. If most of what makes Sweden "relevant" is in the south, then that only makes the insular argument all the more powerful, because the land connection to continental Europe becomes even more irrelevant and weaker the farther south in Scandinavia you get! You become more and more like an island off Europe the farther south you go! You talking about ships just reinforces this! God damn.

Look, what I am saying is widely recognized. It's everywhere. Even so clear in our perception of ourselves and our place in the world that people are comfortable making commercials on this very premise. Nordics understand the sentiment perfectly, whereas continentals are utterly confused. Because the things you and other continentals take for granted are alien to us.

IIRC aren't les bises more like touching your cheek to the other person's cheek and making a kissing sound?

It sure is, here's a FREE tutorial

Is being retarded part of your culture?
Coz I think I'm starting to see your point.

>it's widely recognized, it's everywhere, WE MADE A COMMERCIAL ABOUT IT

Well I see what you mean, and I respect the efforts you put into convincing me without insults that's pretty rare
However I still disagree, especially in the 21th century. I'm not going full meme mode and pretend "le Sweden is a shariah shithole where everyone speaks English" because it's wrong, but in this globalization era I don't think enough real differences remain to keep believing you are so appart. A commercial about drinking alcohol isn't enough for me sorry, especially one using as much stereotypes as the one you posted. People get fucked up on alcohol weekly everywhere. Anyway that's only one example
I don't see what Swedish people do daily that set the so appart from the so called continentals.
I can think of things that would only happen in Scandinavia. Of food only you eat. Of habbits and words only you use.
But I can do the same for Spanish people, for Greek people, for French people...

Anyway last post from me, gotta go

Look man, it's just a fact. Don't just call people retarded when you get frustrated.

We are part of different cultural spheres. You're part of the continental Europeans, and I am not. We have some overlap, sure, but it's only partial. Just like how Turkey is a little bit of Asia, a little bit of its own thing, and a little bit of Europe. The same can be said of the Nordics, in many ways. It's always been this way. The differences manifest in so many things, everywhere, and it influences huge patterns and decisions in our society as well as small everyday things, as it does in yours. Everything from minor (or major, who knows) social things like when and what is acceptable at the table, how we greet each other. We would never kiss each other here as greeting, not even girls, which even the Dutch do, even though they are supposedly close to Nordics. And then there are huge decisions such as us refusing the Euro currency so completely for example. This perception I am speaking about had and still has a lot to do with that.

>People get fucked up on alcohol weekly everywhere.

Not even close to being the point, as I said.

>But I can do the same for Spanish people, for Greek people, for French people...

Or collectively for all of you, as continentals. As I can do for Nordics.

What, you think marketers don't have to have a good beat on culture and all its facets and nuances? How marketing is done and the topics that are pressed upon in it is probably the most accurate measure of a culture that there is. Few things say as much about a culture as how markets approach it.

Just if this joke and kissers are chads

Oh, I see, I might have made a mistake.
Is continuously resorting to logical fallacies in your speech part of your culture then?
Such a vast culture you have up there!

Stop projecting and go slather saliva on some men, you smelly continental.

>Or collectively for all of you, as continentals

Yes, and also collectively for all of us so called continentals + Nordics
I wasn't the one who called you retard though, however hard I'm thinking it. You keep talking about stuff supposedly "unique" like not greeting people with a kiss or having you own currency when in truth there are other countries that do the same in the so called continent.

this

No, I'm not saying that is unique. There are other things historically and currently that would be pertinent in such a discussion, however.

The point is that there is overlap, yes. Do you understand the logical concept of a partial overlap, or do you need a picture? Anyway, there is some overlap as I have continuously pointed out, but we are our own thing contrasted with the continental thing, for sure. We have always considered ourselves as such, and likely always will to some extent. It's evident in our language, how people act, speak, think, and even talk about the continent. "Down on the continent" is a commonly uttered phrase" when referring to, well, the continent from our perspective. This multitude of clustered differences, when summed up, are what we call a cultural sphere. There is a continental cultural sphere of which we are not part. There is a Nordic cultural sphere of which you are not part. That is how people here see it. Used to be a lot clearer of course, but it's still a strong sentiment which manifests in many things, big and small. I would like you to stop being so arrogant and just admit that you don't understand. There's nothing wrong with that. But refusing to admit that you don't understand and insulting people, that is just a sin, for lack of a better word.

Is also misusing words part of your culture?
And what about never going out of your parents' house, is that part of your culture too?
Oh, and misusing words and concept?
Geez, please tell us more about your fascinating uniqueness.

Also, you made a fool of yourself enough when trying to make a geographical point, please stop equating all continental European cultures to the stereotype of Latin-influenced countries.

There is some joke to be made about you taking commercials as the most accurate measure of a culture and this youtube.com/watch?v=Ub3DlbaWqJs

I'm from Montenegro, it's very normal to kiss on the cheek your same sex friends.

Not a thing in the UK though

It used to be a norm only a decade ago. Dunno, why we abandoned this tradition.
Maybe, H.I.V epidemic, kek.

Can you even be gay in Pakistan? I thought you would be shot on sight or something.

i kiss my dad on the lips and it isnt gay at all

i dont see why kissing on the cheek is any different

>And what about never going out of your parents' house, is that part of your culture too?

Like I said, projection. Oh, the irony of you accusing me of using logical fallacies.

Also, the geographical point still stands. Much stronger now actually, when I have elaborated upon it a bit.

That's actually a pretty decent example as well. In France, there is the exciting cultural continental life for the gay man. In the boring homeland of Sweden, not so much. Here you would conform to the norms that apply here. The lifestyle is not continental in the least. It doesn't even matter that it's France being contrasted with Sweden, could just as easily be Spain for that matter, too, as far as the sentiment goes.

Also, you being Spaniard or whatever the fuck means shouldn't accuse others of being gay or effeminate or whatever, for obvious reasons.

It sure was

Oh I finally got you now...
Slamming your face against a wall and keeping telling yourself that you just pierced through the sonic barrier, THAT'S what make you unique!

Cheers to you my friend, and to all your compatriots that think France and Bulgaria share a similar "cultural sphere".

P.S. don't worry, it's almost the weekend, alcohol will soon come help drown your idiocy into a sweet, mellow oblivion.

We know there are differences between countries and regions, nobody's telling you otherwise, but you're saying that it makes Sweden something outside of Europe and that's stupid and geographically inaccurate. And you say it's "widely accepted".

Just stop, you're not flattering yourself.

*sonic boom*

>but you're saying that it makes Sweden something outside of Europe and that's stupid and geographically inaccurate.

No, it isn't. The Nordics is something in between Britain and Turkey. Kind of European in some ways, but not quite. We're not as clearly distinct as the Brits are geographically, nor as clearly distinct as the Turks are culturally (they also have a toe in continental Europe btw, just as we do). But you bet your ass that it's true both geographically in the sense that we have always been functionally an island for all intents and purposes and as an extension of our insularity it has become a cultural distinction as well.

It is widely accepted HERE, in the Nordics. Continentals don't tend to understand the distinction, however. You don't understand the sentiment, which is why you get confused when confronted with it. It's a bit annoying, but ultimately it doesn't really matter. You have your thing, and we have ours. And that, I think, will be that for tonight.

Can you please, just once, name which countries are you including in the scope of your silly rant?
Just for curiosity, to assess the amount of stupidity.