Why did Picard and the Federation kept treating Q "nice" after he led the Borg to them...

Why did Picard and the Federation kept treating Q "nice" after he led the Borg to them, leading to the death of thousands and almost annihilation?

They should declare him #1 enemy after all the shit he brought to them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZW8Deq8vE
youtube.com/watch?v=ivtHsJYO9mA&ab_channel=TomParis234
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Borg were already killing people in the neutral zone by that point. Q gave them info about their future enemy and make them live to tell about it.

Q's hard on for humans (and Picard) made us able to survive and finally win against the Borg.

what are they gonna do to him?

How to get rid of Q the easy way:

Act impressed about his species and him in particular and ask him to do things for you.

Well, i agree with you that he gave them info. but because of that, the Borg were able to get to them faster with less time to prepare.

Nothing i guess, but they reacted pretty nice to someone who almost brought doom to them.

Not to mention helping picard close the rupture in time in All good things, thereby saving the universe.

Faster? I'm not sure. They already destroyed a Federation colony near the neutral zone in the season 1 finale.

near omnipotent beings apparently transcending the nature of reality get a lot of leeway.

>with less time to prepare.
Vs. Having no knowledge of them before they're assimilating earth and being caught completely unaware?

If in the S01 finale they were already that close to Earth why did Q teleported them to the Borg's uncharted space in Q Who, taking whole 2 years for the Borgs to reach Earth?

Ask the writers.

what exactly could the federation do to a being that is literally a god..?

Call the Ghostbusters. Imagine a Q episode where some Section 31 prick tricks him into a containment field or non-dimensional space (similar to Garak's torture of Odo).

He's near omnipotent if not totally.

Around gods, its best to watch your manners.

Because Picard was the best of Humanity. He was the vision of Roddenberry's future.

Don't worry if you want to see a more gritty reality then a nigger assaults Q on Deep Space 9 the first chance he gets

Yeah, Q's are easy to fool, he'd never see through that.

Btw, I'm selling this cool one of a kind monkey's paw on eBay, I can send you a link if you want.

there would have to be a severe asspull for the federation to come up with tech that could affect a Q

AU CONTRAIRE MON CAPITAINE

HE'S BACK

The Dominion thought the Federation would be pushovers, but Starfleet was able to fix the issue with their sheilding and adapted to the Breen energy dampener.

If anything, Q accelerating Borg contact prepared the Federation for the Dominion War.

I just started watching DS9, i don't know about the Dominion war, but i will keep in mind what you said;

Also, Quark is my favorite DS9 character.

i dont see how that has anything to do with my point about how Q is a god and it would make absolutely no sense for the federation at its current tech level could create a device of some sort that could subdue a godlike being

>They should declare him #1 enemy after all the shit he brought to them.

Ant, meet foot.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZW8Deq8vE

Tell that to Quinn's snapped neck.

The galaxy is a big place. Consider that Voyager's projected time to reach home at maximum warp was 75 years. The Borg were on the closest end of Federation Space to the Delta Quadrant. Earth is deep inside Federation space.

If Q is a God how was Sisko able to knock him the fuck out?

Annika Hansen/7 of 9's parents left Federation Space to pursue and study rumors of the Borg before the Enterprise-D had ever encountered them, so why were the Borg that they eventually found, followed and studied First Contact/Voyager aesthetic Borg and not TNG aesthetic Borg?

How would the Federation have fared against the Dominion if they hadn't been militarizing for a decade to fight the Borg? Did Q anticipate this?

First Contact altered the timeline, ENT encountered the surviving frozen Borg from First Contact, all Borg from that point on are First Contact/VOY Borg. They should look like that in the TNG episodes too, if we were to see those episodes from a post-First Contact timeline.

Better question: why weren't the Borg attacking the Dominion?

Q is like a force of nature, only it can talk to you.

Say your house is destroyed by high winds or a tornado.

You might still like having a soft breeze on a hot day afterward.

That's Q. You can't really do too much about it. Just tolerate its presence and hope it doesn't wreck you.

Sisko is black.

"We do not discuss it with outsiders." - The Borg

Their territories are too distant from each other.

>The Borg destroyed the El-Aurian homeworld
>In Generations, The Enterprise-B picks up the El-Aurian refugees
>The Borg were in the Beta Quadrant in the late 23rd century

Because different sides of the galaxy. Also the borg were following the homing beacon they set off in first contact/ENT making it a causal loop kind of thing.

The Borg were a bigger threat 2bh, that was probably just a happy coincidence.

Q probably would have thought the Feddies and the other races coulda' eventually handled it either way.

Sisko is a chosen one created by the space wormhole midicholrians who was going to bring balance to the space wormhole aliens and save the galaxy from the greatest galactic war against an evil empire while being the captaing of a ship that looked how it was out of Star Wars instead of Star Trek

A better question is why was Anika Hansen so fucking cute?

youtube.com/watch?v=ivtHsJYO9mA&ab_channel=TomParis234

How did the Borg came back to attack earth in First Contact if they were all fucked up by the individuality virus infected by Hugh as seen in that Lore 2-parter episode?

I think they showed it in VOY that when a Borg cube gets infected with something he gets instantly disconnected from the collective so it doesn't affect all of them.

Didn't a human become a Q? Why didn't she try to help humanity our some on the side? I would sneak in some help here and there. Kind of like jut wish the borg into nothing-ness would be a big help.

Because Q never actually thought Sisko would hit him.

Fire the canons of a bird of prey at his head. That seems to be able to kill god.

I dont know, seems like a bad excuse to use the Borg in a movie, which surprisingly turned out very good.

That is an interesting point. In reality it was probably Q just fucking around trying to get (you)s but the whole wormhole rape baby aspect is a new dimension.

The Q probably have their own version of the prime directive. A little thing here and there is fine, but no major stuff allowed.

Remember when Q jr was being a little shit and Q told him off saying that the continuum has told him countless times not to antagonise the Borg.

for the 1000th time
Q didn't lead the Borg to them
Borg already knew of earth way before TNG
Seven-Of-Nine and her parents met the borg before that
SoN got assimilated, knowledge of earth and federation in general has been in the borg hivemind for ages.
In fact, the Borg attacked the outposts of Romulans and the Federation among the neutral zone before Q even led Picard to the borg.

Q made picard meet them so they at least knew to be prepared. If anything, Q was just a big jokester who saved the fucking federation by letting Picard have a sneak peek on what's coming to them.

this to be honest
that's also why Q was scared of guinan

>rape baby
This means something else in the context of Star Trek, which has babies that are rapists.

So it's a Trek version of rock, paper, scissors. Black, Q, Borg.
Black like Guinan and Sisko are weak to Borg, Borg are weak to Q and Q is weak to black.

It all makes sense now.

>That look on Rikers face when he sees the bump