If I wasn't born in the 80s or early 90s, not female or homosexual how do I learn to truly appreciate these shows?

If I wasn't born in the 80s or early 90s, not female or homosexual how do I learn to truly appreciate these shows?

bu

You just watch it, and if you don't like it, you turn it off. If you want the more manly/mature show, go for Angel, which becomes GOAT starting with Season 2, with some bumps in Season 4, and then GOAT in season 5 again (although a few episodes are meh in 5).

If you want top tier Sarah Michelle Gellar start with Season 1 Buffy, but you'll have to excuse the low budget effects etc, starting Season 2 episode 3 it becomes top tier all the way till the end of season 3. Season 4 is aight, 5 is breddy gud, 6 is hit and miss, 7 is not too good, but has a few good episodes.

Good luck.

You stop being the faggot you clearly are and just watch it if you want to watch it.

I've wanted to do it right so I've finished season 1 of Buffy, but the next 15 hours or so of monster of the week episodes in season 2 feels daunting.
I can't understand the lighthearted cheesiness of it and how every character is an idiot other than buffys group. I listened to an interview of Whedon and he literally says he is fed up of seeing girls getting killed in horror movies so he made Buffy
It can't be that simple surely, I must be missing something right?

kys

>not knowing how Whedonshit works
Everyone is a retard except the main cast, and even then they sometimes are if it suits the plot.

season 2 is where it starts to become ore serialized

Angel's better imo, but both are great

I just want to know why Buffy and Angel are so highly praised. I found season 1 enjoyable enough
Angel I think will be the opposite end of the spectrum, him just brooding and looking gloomy while dumb girls fall at his feet.
I just want to see Summer in her debut, its only one episode but I don't want to cheapen it by skipping everything

Summer is shit though

elaborate

i love buffy but couldnt really get into angel.

She's a shitty actress who can only do weird autist girl. Her part in Arrow was fucking dreadful

>weird autist girl
Exactly why I love her so much, she panders quite well to her fans and is still captivating to watch, her voice, her smile everything about her is intoxicating
also
>watching capeshit

Isn't season 2 when Spike appears and the whole Angelus subplot starts? I don't remember it very well, but I thought season 1 was more on the monster of the week side and season 2 had more structure and a more fleshed out overarching plot.

mp

you'll have to be patient, 1st season is pretty cheesy with cheap effects but it's important for exposition and certain side characters that become prominent later on. about halfway through season 2 is when the writing gets a significant boost, and the effects get much better from season 3 on.

If you like shows that maintain a good balance of recurring plot lines and stand-alone episodes, Buffy is /yourshow/. Angel is a bit darker so some people like it more, but I found Buffy to be better overall since it has better characters/villains in general. Try to watch Angel in tandem with Buffy so certain things from either show aren't spoiled for you

>I can't understand the lighthearted cheesiness of it

Buffy is brilliant in so many ways. It manages to be both horror show, high school/coming of age drama and parody all those things at same time, even homage to all those quite often.

>how every character is an idiot other than buffys group

Running gag and there needs to be explanation why people still live in sunnydale despite weekly disappearances of people. Also after first season amount of recurring characters start to increase, some of those are idiots, others aren't.

>*blocks your path*

>starting Season 2 episode 3
that seems oddly specific. season 2 still had some pretty shit episodes all the way to its end (Go Fish comes to mind)

are you watching in glorious HD, op?

Was the entire show remastered in HD?

basically, but from season 2 onward, every shot that has a slight CGI is just a rescaled SD footage.

2deep4u, m8. you should call it quits.

Why is it the original looks more cosier to watch? The right looks like some bland cw show whereas the left looks all hazy, saturated and has more mystery to it