Curling General Thread

Member when this guy was anti-clutch?

what a difference 4 years makes

He went from not giving a fuck to pulling through in the clutch

fat : fuck everything up
skinny : god

fat people btfo

>About a week ago, John Shuster’s United States men’s curling team was struggling to a 2-4 start in the Olympic tournament. America stood on the verge of a third straight Olympic disaster with Shuster as skip (team captain). Shuster’s wife, Sara, tried to give him a pep talk. “I let my wife say everything she could possibly say to me to try to talk me off the ledge,” says Shuster. “I didn’t respond much to her however.”

>Shuster then walked, alone, to a grassy knoll near the curling venue in Gangneung, South Korea. He sat down, stared at the venue, then decided he was sick of feeling pain at the Olympics. “I’m getting my heart broken by this sport,” Shuster said to himself. “And this is silly.”

>tfw you finally conquer yourself

Excuse me...new curling WORLD CHAMPIONS coming through, bro.

That's the one with the rocks with handles and all the ice squatting, right? AWESOME.

Just found out my mom is good friend's with Shuster's aunt. Which technically makes me and John best friends. What should I have him say to Sup Forums in a video greeting?

Based

The most harrowing curling story I've seen in years

>WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Make sure he give us a great reaction image.

this is the moment when it all turned around

No because I've never watched curling until the gold medal match.

Mr.T says in call with team before match he told them "win the gold or else"

> grassy knoll

Haha.

Oh god, This is somewhere in my state. I hate Iowa so much.

So was Shuster's Redemption the Cinderella Story of these Winter Olympic games, Sup Forums?
And most importantly. What does this mean for the sport of curling here in the States?
I reckon people will fawn over the victory for a few months. 'Specially when the Shuster and the boys make the late-night talk show circuit.
But it would be nice to see increased membership at clubs also.
Here's to hoping it doesn't fizzle out...

>t. Soy boy
Not enough Jamals in Iowa for you, faggot?

I live in Cedar Rapids, one of the most "Diverse" towns in Iowa. Our refugees come from Chicago and St. Louis. Some small factory towns have huge Somalian populations though. I like Iowa, I like it's landscape and small towns and some of the music scene. But at the same time I fucking hate this state, or at least the part of the state I'm in.

Not that I know anything about the US but if I had to guess I'd think it would fizzle out most places.
But in the states where it already has a foothold it might grow into a semi relevant thing.

move here to the women's final curling match

he is literally /ourguy/

APOLOGIZE

Fuck off

/based/

I'm real happy he won. awwwwwwwww yeeeeééééé

>“I’m getting my heart broken by this sport,”

Holy shit he literally achieved peace within himself and unlocked his full potential. Like reaching a new form in a fucking anime. Fuck that must feel amazing.

Movie fucking when?

>curling general
reddit has ruined this now

>the moment you overcome your demons
>saying "and this is silly"

It's perfect, the movie can be serious with a moody struggling Shuster but still be light hearted and feel good.

What I've seen at my local club is that the Olympics gives them a big boost in membership for a few months and then a steady decline over the next 4 years, repeat.

My club raised enough money after 2014 to finally build their own dedicated icehouse.

Well if curling can at least enter a lot peoples consciousness so they're vaguely aware that it exists it would be a first step.

30 FOR 30 WHEN

I thought the Koreans were supposed to win this?

>didn't expect these feels

BASED.

It'll be a fad for most non northern states. But curling is already huge in Minnesota where I'm from so it'll likely grow even more here at least

whats the prime age for a pro curler? this looks a like sport you can do into your 50s

Average age at the olympics have been going down as countries are try-harding more.
You do want the sweepers to be somewhat fit but the skip can be old no problem.

Someone like Eve will probably represent GB in the olympics for decades

MN here was well
this

its all over now...
the post-olympic feeling is setting in

sad

/r/ing webm of Shuster's double takeout for 5 please

operator

Thank you user. What a moment. So proud of the boys.

I'm not even mad desu

Did you guys know that "comfort women" was trending on Japanese twitter after they lost to Korea

Really an amazing moment. So glad to have seen it live.