Was it the right movie at the wrong time?

Was it the right movie at the wrong time?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dshl188YsQk
static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27620/3109853-7775085060-punis.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was an extended homage to the 70's revenge flicks like Death Wish and Dirty Harry that inspired Punisher in the first place.

I don't think there was ever really a right time for it, I just with Tom Jane was in more shit.

I like his face, but I don't get the "Thomas Jane is a great actor" meme. He's the definition of bland.

Why does Joss hate him?

he may not be "great", but he is definitely underrated and underused

Dirty Laundry is great

>yes
this movie is great. but people dont appreciate a movie unless it has cgi fight scenes with a thousand cuts and 50 unrelated quips per minute

It was a surprisingly well made film with a good written story and good actors, I don't get it why critics hate it.
I mean, sure, it hasn't really much Action in it and was focused mostly on Castles characterization than actual revenge, but it was really good handled and even the argument "It has nothing to do with the comics!" it's besides of Castles Origin Bullshit, half of the plot is "Welcome Back, Frank!", one of the most praised Marvel Comics of all time.

I don't know which movie that is

>Joss Whedon (March 2006). "On Heroes Killing:". Wizard. No. 173. United States: Wizard Entertainment. p. 54. They really shouldn't kill. Now, that doesn't mean that they never will, but heroes should not kill and, in particular, they should not use f—ing guns. I think that the glorification of killing and of shooting guns is not the job of a comic book. They can shoot plenty of cool things without having to put bullets in people. That is lazy and amoral and useless. Batman doesn't kill. It makes his job harder. They're been times where I was like, 'Just kill the Joker. Just kill him. Kill him.' But the fact that he won't is part of what makes him who he is. The Punisher? Coward. He's a coward.

Because Joss Whedon is a little pussy faggot.

Such a tame version of the Punisher, had some interesting moments but ultimately so very very tame.

And while Nash was a great version of the Russian its a damn shame they made him a mute instead of the weirdo he was in the comics.

I thought the movie was too slow. When you tune in for the Punisher you expect a hard R. I almost forgot this movie wasn't PG13. Very tame.

this

Only thing that ruins it is the music

Go watch 61*
He's great in that

He's like Keanu. Good in simple roles and does interesting projects.

No it was great

what a limp writsted liberal cunt he is

This shit sucked. Frank Castle isn't a pussy like Thomassin Jean. Faggot.
Basically licked that homoitalians back. "Torture". Yea right. Gay ass euphanisms for "frankina" edging that guinea. Homo ass shit. Even dolph was a better punisher.
This was gay as hell. Bullshit ass movie. The fuckin viya game was better. Even that had punisha doin punishing.
Thome Janielle is such a faggot. Bland. Stick an anaconda up your blood flower

>Joss Whedon (March 2006). "On Heroes Killing:". Wizard. No. 173. United States: Wizard Entertainment. p. 54. They really shouldn't kill. Now, that doesn't mean that they never will, but heroes should not kill and, in particular, they should not use f—ing guns.
What an infantile faggot. He got ALPHA'd

An embarassment.

The Torture scene with the ice is directly from a Garth Ennis Punisher Comic tho.

It was the right actor in the wrong movie.

I think he's pretty good. The Expanse has been pretty abysmal since his character was killed off. He really did make that show. It's a shame he's not in more stuff.

Garth has had sex with men. Homosexual.

Probably. It was made during a time when comic book movies were, for the most part, still seen as fun, kid-friendly action movies; the idea that comic movies could pull off a darker aesthetic didn't really gain ground until Batman Begins came out. So The Punisher tried to push the envelope as much as it could, but it still needed to fit the mold of the time and have tonal similarities to things like Singer and Raimi's movies.

I still think it's great, though. Jane does a really good job as the character, it has an interesting story, and it's a fun watch. The main complaint people have about the movie is that it wasn't violent enough, and I'm not edgy enough to let that bother me; it's perfectly good for what it is.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dshl188YsQk
This scene was pure kino.

This and Ang Lee's hulk was ahead of their time

This

It was a 70's revenge-kino made in modern times.
only reddit nu-males dislike the movie.

Why are you lying. I am a die hard Ennis/Punisher fan and this scene was never in a comic

static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/2/27620/3109853-7775085060-punis.jpg

Hahaha, wew.

Not Ennis but it was written by Chuck Dixon.
the guy is the 2nd best Punisher writer so I think its bretty gud

he's great in Boogie Nights

Watch the Expanse. Shit is so good

Ah, right, sorry, many of the things in the movie were directly from "Welcome back, Frank", so I sometimes doesn't get the sources right.
But yes, it was not Ennis, it was Dixon.

Have fun DC