Watching a movie

>watching a movie
>guy gets mad and punches a whole into the wall like it is made of cardboard
>look up what american walls are made of on google
>it is actually made of cardboard

WTF

So what?
Still a step up from gooks and their paper houses

I can see why they might put plasterboard over brick or concrete they're very cold. Plus they give a nice flat surface.

So don't be surprised when a little storm destroys your entire city

>2017
>Not being able to walk through your walls.

Mad

after the fire bombing you'd think they'd learn

?
It's so it's cheap to replace when the bombs do hit.

Well it's only half an inch of drywall, they make 5/8" but nobody buys it because like twice more expensive. That's 1.58 centimeters for you commies.

I know, right?

>Sandy
>little storm

Also, that house's foundation was moved, the frame is clearly still intact

The 5/8 stuff is good if you want extra sound proofing or live in a cold climate.

The USA is huge, with tons of different houses in tons of different locales. Some houses live in areas prone to tornados so they are built stronger and with basements. Some houses are along the east coast and built to withstand hurricanes and wind. Some houses are in the middle of whofuckincares and are made out of wood and paper, because nothing happens there. Some houses are in california and have to be built to stand up to earthquakes, etc. etc.

People in florida dont live in paper huts, and people in wyoming dont live in steel castles.

>Some houses are in the middle of whofuckincares and are made out of wood and paper, because nothing happens there
Tornado Valley?

I live in the north west where we never get extreme weather. Just whiny art students.

Internal stud walls are:

>Cheap
>Quick
>Easy to put up
>Easy to run services through (gas, water, electricity)
>Easy to fix

>valley
wut

My house was built about 250 years before the US even fucking existed. Get on my level.

Drywall? More like Skyfall!

Enjoy your asbestos and lead.

>It's better than paper

Is that what the guy who sold your dad the house said?

literally nothing wrong with asbestos if you leave it alone

>don't touch the asbestos
Is that what the guy who sold your dad the house said?

MORE ASBESTOS

>Some houses live in areas prone to tornados so they are built stronger and with basements
How come whenever i watch stormchasers and shit all the houses are still wooden matchstick houses?

If a tornado hit us in Britain just the roof tiles would fall off. Use bricks nigga

>want extra sound proofing
Just fill the insides with insulation or egg cartons.

>He thinks they used asbestos 500 years ago in house construction
American education

>Use bricks nigga
Then you have to worry about earthquakes.

>he lives in an earthquake zone

>Major Earthquakes in tornado alley

>slimey limey using nigga

sorry blud

>implying you don't put insulation in anyway
>covering your entire house with egg cartons instead of just building it properly.