Neon Demon

Just watched this and thought it was wanky ol' shite, what about you Sup Forums?

it's good AF and you have shit taste

What aspect, other than visuals, is good in this film?

This

Cinematography

Ain't that the truth govennah innit?

What?

It's pretentious garbage.

it was a test to find out if you are a pleb. you scored highly.

as for the triangles in the film, what did you make of them?

That it's upside down and that noobs cannot into it.

>other girls will chew you up and spit you out in the fashion industry
w h o a h
what a deep film

I think it's one of the very few great films made this decade. Some people miss the point of it. Weirdly, these same people often rate De Palma. They have it wrong. Refn is the guy people are going to value fifty years from now, whereas De Palma is simply a vacuous masturbator with a good line of bullshit.

This

I'm not sure how anyone can miss the point of the film, it's hardly subtle

its Refns statement about how he hates beautiful women because they rejected him in his youth.

he's the classic Director who became a Director just so he had the power to control unattainable women, just like Hitchcock.

The directing, the vibe, the acting, the plot
Everything about the movie.

What criticism, other than memes/shitposting, do you have to offer?

You're wrong.

1/2 agree.

I thought it was pretty good. A bit too heavy handed, but the cinematography and directing was still great. My problem is that Refn uses characters as metaphors as if they can't still have personalities.

You should still be able to have compelling and real characters that are meaningful. They aren't mutually exclusive.

It was wanky shite.
The visuals were great though, and film is a visual medium, so it was at least a GOOD film.

Triangles are a symbol of strength, except when turned upside down, when they become a symbol of instability.

You have a point but people take it at face value when watching

Great
Last act was a letdown (I wanted her to kill all the bitches one by one - even though that'd make no sense thematically), but the last scene made up for it

wrong it's about the characters narcissistic obsession with her own beauty

Why would you bother, though, bearing in mind that this is cinema and not literature?

nope. the triangle symbolizes the vagina, and how it is the most powerful device in human history.

wrong, triangles represent change
from innocent to narcissist for Jesse
the three models often seen in triangular context, especially after eating Jesse, which they hoped would change their beauty

This. The furry triangle is what we're all driven by.

Ah ok

Wrong. The triangle is a basic alchemical symbol for the 5 elements.

R E A L L O L I T A S H I T

Basically its open to interpretation

No, it's cunt.

cunts are boxes though

I liked it a hell of a lot more than Only God Forgives, I can't into that at all

I liked it, it kept my interest and "really made me think"
plus it just looked really cool

An inverted triangle represends the element of water, the sacred chalice, the cup that bears water, the womb.
Do you even Trismegistus?

>it's shit AF and you have good taste

ftfy

NWR sure knows how to make films that look incredible, if nothing else

YOU GOT ME

literally Sup Forums film

If you go into a refn movie expecting more than visual eye candy you're doing it wrong

I've just watched this, extremely interesting

>A film depicting the soullessness of Hollywood and its denizens intent on corrupting young, naive but decent people

You're surprised there's no Jewish involvement in it?

You seem to be mentioning a number of metaphors for the cunt, and I agree. It represents the entrance to the womb.

Cunts.

I expect fantastic music as well.
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS YELLOW
THIS IS BLU-UE-UE-UE

It's eye candy with a profound meaning. It's nutritious candy.

People be like "how can it be profound, none of the words in it are profound" like they were Wallace Shawn. Cinema communicates profound things with images, not alongside them with words. Images aren't the decoration, they're the main channel of community.

>implying Sup Forums doesn't have very prominent jidf
Just try criticising Israel in a Sup Forums b8 thread and watch them pour out of the woodwork

*communication

although community is also true.