Jim's smile makes me happy.

C Y C L E S

W I T H I N

C Y C L E S

A D

I N F I N I T U M

agrarianism

>catholics this asspained for being heretics who don't follow God's word

Christians are those who follow the word of Christ. Both Catholics and Protestants follow Christ.

See, this right here is the stupid side of religious discussions, where it just devolves into guys saying "no, MY religion is the only true religion".

Dixie greatest land

>Protestants follow Christ.
"No."

They've turned Jesus into a man whose entire message could fit on one of those motivational posters in kindergarten. "Just be nice lmao, u do u man."

yee YEE

you should get flags ulsterbud, we've all got it

There's still very much an objective layout of morals though. It isn't just "lol whatever be cool".

let someone else make an edition you fucking sperg

I'd like to pretend that it's due to people not being well versed on their opponent's arguments, but it is mostly either shitposting or the absolute refusal to entertain opposing arguments as a result of tribalism

There has never been a need to hold a dialogue with Protestants

t. Mary worshiper
go pray to some false idols or something

do you live in scotland?

General Lee did literally nothing wrong

Live a little ya midge

My nana is from Inverness, I am an Ulster Scot.

dixie rhymes with pixie
pixies are fairies
fairy is slang for homosexual
homesexuals are poofters
therefore dixie = poofters

>It isn't just "lol whatever be cool".
yes, it is. If today's Christians had been around to see Jesus admonish prostitutes and drive the money changers from the temple, you can be sure that they would have wrote a sternly worded letter telling Jesus that Jesus would never have done what Jesus just did. They've boiled Jesus's morality down into "oh, just do what you'd want others to do to you lmao"

Started my new job today.

just say dicksee like the rest of them

>our mexican will never come back to call our thread autistic

congrats, where at?

How'd it go?

it must be lovely in ireland, you're so lucky. i want to move to scotland someday.

Scottish music is extremely comfy.
youtube.com/watch?v=VTPyvKrU1DM

I go to a Protestant church and that isn't how they say it works at all. The heck is the condition of Protestantism like where you live?

youtube.com/watch?v=KvXD0rnCedg

C O M F Y
O
M
F
Y

One of those meal shipment start up type deals
surprisingly well. a gay man asked to jump my bones, which was off putting, but flattering.

>protestantism is a monolith
how can catholics believe this kind of nonsense

I mean, it's built right into some major religions.
Christianity: if you believe in other religions you're fucked
Islam: if you believe in other religions you're fucked
Judaism: if you believe in other religions you're fucked
If you take these statements at face value, you might as well spin a wheel to pick which one you believe in and just take your 1:2 odds.

>The heck is the condition of Protestantism like where you live?
It's not just here, almost all of the European protestant churches have gone soft because they don't want to offend converts. The Church is starting to do it too

We don't. The one guy's just shitposting.

I guess Canada's got an isolated bubble of solid Protestants then. I've been to every mainstream kind of church under the sun except Calvinist and I've never run into what you're talking about outside of a megachurch.

youtube.com/watch?v=D43jrg2MVqM&index=5&list=PLPwEQPnsgz3IV1CWm6W6X_qxOnY1Ttqdc

>We

the south is also vast majority protestant

most catholics live in the north or they're hispanics in the SW/west coast

>shitposting

It's happening in Vancouver and Southern Ontario

Which is unfortunate since there is much to contest, debate, observe, and ponder over with the Abrahamic faiths but always results in mudslinging

Islam isn't Abrahamic

Huh. I would've thought the south would be more Catholic given it's proximity to Mexico.

>Vancouver and Southern Ontario
That's like saying the entire USA is third would because of Detroit. Everything bad in this country comes from Vancouver and the GTA. Quebec used to be pretty bad too but they're toned it down in recent times.

the only thing i took from that entire argument was that i really didnt know much about john calvin. ill end up reading his wiki article whenever i finish this chapter

now this is just wrong

>That's like saying the entire USA is third would because of Detroit
Except that half our population doesn't live in Detroit

I didn't ask you

Uh, yeah, it is. Muslims literally claim Ishmael, Abraham's first son, to be an ancestor of Muhammad.

Protestants claim to be Christian but they aren't

You understand the analogy though.

islam is just worshipping the moon god
judaism is worshiping satan/the devil
christianity is the right way to go

just posted in a thread outside of /dixie/
I shouldn't have done that

>Chick Tract
Top kek

my point is that churches in all urban areas are trying to water down scripture in order to make it less offensive and that it's destroying the faith

I always turn off extraflags when I leave /dixie/ so that none of you will know what I do in other threads.

We agree in that sense then. Urbanites should be purged.

??

just portions of texas, and louisiana since cajuns tend to be catholic

>Huh. I would've thought the south would be more Catholic given it's proximity to Mexico.
most people are of English and Scots-Irish descent, besides the swamp frogs there's no real predominantly Catholic ethnicity that ever settled here (discounting Mexicans).

Catholics spent 2000 years trying to apply the teachings of Christ to everyday life to figure out what is, and what isn't moral.

Meanwhile, Protestants didn't like the "authority" so they say, "fuck it, we will decide ourselves what is right from wrong, directly from the source".

Sounds reasonable....not

Protestants are like climate "skeptics". Same kind of arrogance and moral failure. Thinking they can do a better job than than the professionals, despite not knowing the science, nor dedicating as much time to the study of the field as the professionals do. Just a whole lot of arrogance.

very good post, random Dutch lurker

Chick Tracts, one of which is the comic you posted, are generally considered to be some of the craziest Christian fiction out there. Among other nutty conspiracies, the author (Jack Chick) thinks Catholics belong to an ancient Babylonian cult and started the Holocaust.

Alas.

>Protestants are like climate "skeptics". Same kind of arrogance and moral failure. Thinking they can do a better job than than the professionals, despite not knowing the science, nor dedicating as much time to the study of the field as the professionals do. Just a whole lot of arrogance.

And they mistrust the professionals because of conspiracy theory that doesn't even make sense. And their ignorance ends up helping evil entities commit more evil.

nice try satan

>A wild Dutchman appears

>666

>satan appears to defend catholics

I'm gonna call our new Netherfriend The Flying Dutchman from here on out.

I have grown infatuated with the magic of magic

youtube.com/watch?v=i3uEUnQ8Eu0

I wonder who else is lurking here but never posts
REVEAL YOURSELVES

>Wyoming

Good evening neighbor

Hello, neighbor's neighbor.

Weird 'man'

he looks jetlagged as fuck

for the finn

Thots go to the army to get their bags carried and salivaed by thirsty fuckbois

>ywn be in the Finnish army

He reminds me of Cockmongler.

>stupid update made me miss the debate

catholics haven't been around for 2000 years, thats a meme

Catholic (from Ancient Greek: kαθολιkός, translit. katholikos, lit. 'universal') was first used to describe the church in the early 2nd century.

The 2nd century is the period from 101 to 200 in accordance with the Julian calendar in the Common Era. It is considered part of the Classical era, epoch, or historical period.

I meant as its used by the RCC
but yes the word catholic is used in the apostles creed

Orthodox = Eastern Orthodox Catholic Church

east orthodox isn't apostolic either
the teaching of asceticism didn't start becoming popular in the Christian community until after Constantine started giving benefits to the church and huge numbers were converting with a false faith

>Southern Catholics

Why is it so disconcerting, /dixie/?

It's like seeing a white Mexican, or hearing a black person speak German

stop posting this

>we've gone so far down the sexual harassment whining rabbit hole that this is now considered a savage groping

FAKE NEWS

>log in to /dixie/
>it's a religion argument episode
>log off from /dixie/