Actual movie discussion

Why does Sup Forums refuse to actually engage in a real discussion? Why bash other people's tastes instead of just referencing them to other related works that are better?

>pic related

Put Batman v Superman on the right and it's an accurate picture

>>>/reddit/

The thing is, most of the people who say "patrician" are trying to shit on discussion and think that nobody really watches anything but capeshit.

Why did you change it? Was the truth about your sensibilities making you insecure? You do know that your kind is the majority on Sup Forums now right?

DUBS

Because that version of the picture is incredibly inaccurate and you know it.

because tv is bitter and jaded

if you want discussion hit up facebook or reddit

film is a pretty simple medium (tv moreso) and most the shit people want to discuss is really, really easy to understand.

And most people's definition of "discussion" is "tell me what this means."

and its been at least a decade since anything objectively, great has dropped and its already been discussed to death.

Neither of these things happen. It's just shitposts 100% of the board is shitposting. There's no snobbery or unironic love for blockbusters anything.

This

Most of my favorite movies are from before the 2000's. I can't name you more than 10 movies I liked from 2010 to now.

>It's just shitposts 100% of the board is shitposting

sounds like a pretty strong confirmation bias

The problem is you cannot discuss films with normies.

For instance if a normie likes X, they don't just tell you that they liked X, they claim that X is objectively a good movie, and that you're either a hipster, a contrarian, or an edgy teen for disagreeing and pointing out factual flaws.

And to add to that, these normies actually think they know what they are talking about when they throw around meaningless words like "beautiful cinematography". There is not much you can do to reason with someone who has their head so far up their ass.

Similarly, you can't talk to them about movies beyond "I LIKE X, I DON'T LIKE Y", because that's the extent of their capacity to discuss films. I guess it has something partially to do with how Americans are raised but i'm sure normies from other countries are just as retarded when it comes to discourse.

Also, I think it is worth pointing out this is not a patrician vs. pleb thing. This is purely about the ability of human beings to talk about movies intellectually. Though, it's reasonable to assume those who do watch a lot of movies have richer discussions about them.

Not him but go ahead and take a look through the catalog.

you know you can report shitposting, right?

Keep Sup Forums in Sup Forums is the biggest rule on the site.

Because Sup Forums is the 95th most visited website in the United States. It's entirely for casuals the average viewer. Of course, we all pretend it isn't.

If you want real discussion, you'll have to go to the subreddit for it.

But why report it when they won't even delete it?

When the fuck did anyone here defend Akerman? Most people call her pretentious and feminist bullshit. I don't think I've seen anyone here say they unironically enjoy her films.

because you can

Because bants is better than television and film itself.

100% this

why the fuck would you discuss a film not worth discussing?
I'd love to discuss robert beavers or akerman on here but people are too busy spamming the board with capeshit and star wars

>point out things that you don't like
>"lul you just didn't understand it KEK"

That's adorable

No it isn't.

Yes, but that's because most of you have terrible taste.

No it isn't.