What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

A decent flick

The first two-thirds is really strong but it all falls apart in the retarded last act.

Also I thought this movie was anachronistic at first; the car in the intro is modern but the movie takes place in the 80s? I guess that's to show that implies they eventually got Follow'd.

Horror movie with subtext of losing your virginity in the wrong way and the stigma it leaves you with after.

A pretentious indie film.

The beta orbiter in this movie cracked me up. I thought I was a thirsty fucker, but godDAMN

>girl you like
>gets supernatural AIDS
>"pls fuck me"

like nigga wat

Great film about coming to terms with death.

What happens? All I remember is that dead girl on the beach with her leg broken off. I NOPE'd out and watched something else

so why didn't she get tag teamed on the boat?

you don't know the lengths a horny-teenage beta will go

She did user. That's the whole point.

Selfish bitch condemned those men to die; at least they went out with a bang

I figured that's what happened. She was desperate to get rig of it

They didn't have to fuck her

>be partying
>crazy girl in a cast climbs on your boat
what, you're not supposed to fuck her? are you mad?

The new Donnie Darko

It was better before "it" was grabbing people by the hair and shit

I would legitimately be interested in being followed by IT. It would at least make life more interesting.

A movie about a sexually transmitted ghost that anyone who wasn't a fucking moron could have tricked into a cage and ditched at the bottom of the ocean years ago.

>the movie takes place in the 80s?
You're the one implying there, buddy.

It'd be interesting for a second until you died.

It's completely up in the air whether she did or not, as there is logic for and against her doing it.

1. Swims up to the boat (cast on, hasn't showered in a day or so) the guys turn her away for being a freak
2. Swims up to the boat, guys take her on and go to town on her

Either of these scenarios, she has a defeated expression on her face as she drives back home. Either from rejection, or from taking three dicks. Really depends on your biases whether she did it or not.

There are other anarchronisms/weird shit too

>kids watching old black-and-white sci-fi cereals
>the makeup compact the girl had with a crystal-clear LCD display
it's like the movie takes place in an alternate universe or something.

Her face looked like 'i'm such a disguting slut' face to me.

Now she'll never be able to get off without having 3 guys going to town on her again.

5 loads in her within 2 days, jesus christ

That beta got the sloppy 5ths, whooosh

an overrated flick, it's kinda ok but the last 30 minutes are pure unadultered shit.
the usual overrated /TV crap

Best shot is the hallway scene with the lanky giant

Agreed, legitimately creeped out at that.

It's well-shot, too bad the script was so retarded.

Script's pretty solid. I think the most glaring flaw of the film is the hair pulling scene. It just doesn't look very good, and the way Paul gets smacked away is a tad cartoony.

It's so easy to get rid of this fucking thing

It's been said before but

>fly to Australia
>fuck a hooker there

Literally problem solved for the rest of your life

Idk... I kind of like how low-tech and silly the hair-pulling scene was. They probably CGI'd it after but it just looks like some hair on a string honestly.

It's kind of stupid though because it serves as proof positive of a supernatural threat, removing all ambiguity and mystery about the monster, and leads to the dumb showdown. I think it would be worse if it just sort of showed up whenever you happen to be alone. I thought that was where they were going with it, with the early scene where the monster breaks a window to get in to her kitchen.

...And then she gets got. Then it comes back to you. You would never be able to live a normal life afterward.

Yeah, it's clearly intentional.

If it only ever attacked her when she was alone then we'd still have people arguing years later that it's all in her head or some shit like that. Which takes away from the fact that the film is about coming to terms with death. Hell you still have people thinking that It is an STD.

>What the fuck did I just watch?

It was great until the beach cabin part, then it just goes downhill.

>Fly to south america
>Hire a hooker and take her to Australia
>Fuck Australian hooker then pay that hooker to fuck South American hooker
>Pay South American hooker to fuck different aussie
>Everyone goes home
>Good chance IT will be passed around Australia, even if it isnt it still has to walk to South America then back to the US

seems like the best plan

Right, the dude that gives it to her had the right idea. He should have found someone who's better at running though.

Movie is shit and the director comes to Sup Forums each month to spam it

we have enough ambiguous films where only the main character can see the monster though.

I just felt like it drained all the terror from the monster once it made them witnesses to supernatural shit.

Like, go find some cops and ask to be jailed or something, have yourself put under observation until it comes. probably still fucked but at least the world will know.

the anachronism is intentional

what does pretentious mean?

>you still have people thinking that It is an STD.
It is

I guess it doesn't work either way, a film where the plot moves quickly to the point the monster is being studied by scientists in a secret lab might seem interesting at first but then what are you going to do with it.

I mean it is in the film. But that's not what it represents.

But that's not what the film is about. Notice how there are barely any glimpses of parental figures in the film. They are absent because the primary characters are on the cusp of adulthood, figuring out things for themselves.

I can only assume that's why there's so many shots of things like them lining up blades of grass on their leg and that deal with them talking about the road they weren't supposed to cross as kids (while they cross it).