Rewatching LOST

>rewatching LOST
>Stranger in a Strange Land is the next episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VxCQOhetJZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=6BJiQLS_D0c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have been considering to rewatch it, but its been so long since I watched it and I fear it'll make me too nostalgic.

Like re opening a wound that will make me super fucking depressed and happy at the same time.

This is the one episode I skipped on my rewatch. I can't stand the dumb gook flashbacks

I just recently rewatched lost and was dreading this episode, but it was a lot better than I remember. It's still one of the weaker episodes in the series, but at least it serves a purpose, unlike Fire + Water, which is definitely the worst episode

what the fuck did Lost even end up being about? I didn't even get through the first season when it came out

Spoil it for me

>rewatching LOST
>should I stop at the end of s5 or push on into the shitpile of s6

??????

>it's a "Jack, I wished you had believed me, JL." episode

Skip the flashbacks, it's 2017, you can fast forward your movies now.

lel he had the most pathetic life

>Its a kate and sawyer episode (sawyer solo eps are goat though)
>its a hurley episode
>its a sun episode
>its a juliet gives an amused stare episode
>its a locke points a gun at someone and wants answers but gets none episode

>it's a LOST episode

>it's a Sayid is an assassin for Ben episode
THE BEST

I know that feeling. I avoid a ton of stuff because this. Mostly movies from my childhood though. It seems like life was so much better back then.

btw Kate-centrics were what started all this "it's a x episode" ca 2007-2008
good times

So we can all agree that Desmond was the best character right, brothers?

>it's a boon has a psychedelic trip and becomes cool when he stops giving a fuck about Shannon episode
>it's a he dies shortly afterwards episode

>its a muh son episode

Lost is the one show that I loved that I have no desire to rewatch. At least half of my enjoyment came from talking about it and obsessing over every little thing between episodes. In fact I don't think it would've worked with the Netflix release-all model.

Why did Ben kill John?

He didn't like being replaced by a cripple

underrated episode. i also like claire's birds.

Because John was special, and he wasn't

Lost would probably be a mid-level success at most if released today. Not only because of all the shitty clones that have saturated the mystery genre but also because of the modern binge-culture which just doesn't work with the show.

This, really. One of the big highlights of L O S T was the cliffhangers and all the speculation, the buildup to the season finale, the insane theories, etc. There was also the naive hope that the show had a purpose and all the mysteries would be resolved.

Cain and Abel

>Desmond
you mean Rose?

can someone post that copypasta with the theory they are the same person

They were a lovely couple weren't they

Huh?

It's supposed to be black male, white female. Wtf is this?

>tfw you will never relive the glory days of L O S T threads on Sup Forums
>even if you could make a time machine, it wouldn't be the same because you already know how the series ends

>The Island is some kind of font of electromagnetic power or 'light' that's linked to all life somehow.
>Ancient inhabitants built a big stone cork to plug it up.
>Two ancient roman brothers grow up in the island. One, Jacob, becomes the protector of the island, a special role that makes him immortal and have other powers. The other becomes the smoke monster.
>There are dumb rules in place so the two can't kill each other. Jacob prevents the smoke monster from leaving the island, which is all he wants.
>After centuries, Jacob wants to pass on his job. The smoke monster keeps looking for a loophole to kill Jacob and leave.
>Dharma, a science initiative, finds the island and uses its unique properties for wacky experiments.
>Jacob sets in motion chains of events that result in the plane crash with the Lost cast - everyone on it is selected by him as a potential candidate to replace him.
>Eventually he picks Jack, who immediately takes the smoke monster to the island's cork and gives him what he wants. The island falls apart, but the smoke monster is now mortal and Kate kills him. Jack dies too re-corking the light. Salad-dodging Hurley becomes the island's new protector.
>In the afterlife, the characters all meeting again, remember their lives and move on. This dumb shit meant most people thought the whole show was set in Limbo.

That's L O S T

what is the best episode and why is it expose?

The best episode is when sawyer's about to be executed while kate looks on in horror

one thing has always bothered me about the flash-sideways. when they all move on, what about the people they left behind? jack had a son, does he just disappear?

Best scene hands down

They live their lives naturally. Some die immediately like Jack, others die of old age decades later. But they all meet after their time in limbo (flash sideways) is resolved

Best serie ever !

I remember waiting late at night for the new episode and if you missed one you were completly Lostâ„¢ in the story.

Those feels...

>Desmond episode
>Lock episode
>Black smoke episode
>Ben episode
>Boone episode
>Danielle episode

>beats the shit out of anyone, including super commando/rambo Keamy
>fixes literally everything
>able to extract any information from you
>bangs Shannon

this guy was over powered as fuck

>gets drowned
>becomes evil

Also

>WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT episode

sayid was based as fuck but it blew my mind that he was with shannon in the last episode, didnt he already have a waifu? also he knew shannon for what, like 2 months?

>its a juliet gives an amused stare episode
God, as much as I liked Juliet, but her perma smirk was really fucking annoying.

youtube.com/watch?v=VxCQOhetJZ8

absolute kino

Has any other live-action TV series compared to LOST?

Sawyer episodes are always great.

the moment Jack became GOAT

Sup Forums was truly at it's height when LOST was still airing.

Tfw kate will never cry for me

>muh baby

i actually cried when Juliet died

pls don't tell anyone

>That moment when Sawyer and Juliet meet back up in the after life

He could do everything except keep a battery charged.

It wouldn't be as bad if she had some sort of connection to the island. They tried to set up that black horse but that went nowhere. Hell, that one episode where Sawyer chased the boar and heard the voice of the man he killed was way more memorable and interesting of a tie to the island than Kate ever had

>that episode where the CIA recruits sayid to convince his friend to join ISIS and capture him before going through with the suicide bombing attack

>tfw ywn find true love

youtube.com/watch?v=6BJiQLS_D0c

Damn...its all coming back. I'm unzipped!

Never saw the big problem with that episode. Bottom 10 for sure, but I find it mostly boring and not plain bad like Fire + Water. Jack's flashbacks are utterly pointless, but they hadn't really been relevant since the beginning of season 2 anyway.

Destroyer of worlds-Tier
-S3 Jack

Elder God-Tier
-Jack
-Locke
-Jin
-Miles
-Lapidus
-Vincent
-Ben
-Desmond

Waifu-Tier
-Kate
-Shannon with her mouth shut
-Libby
-Helen
-Alex
-Penny
-Juliet

God-Tier
-Tom
-Boone
-Sawyer
-Mr.Eko
-Keamy
-Richard Alpert

Good-Tier
-Bernard
-Phil
-Man in Black
-Sayid
-Sun
-Horace
-Faraday
-Ethan

Alright-Tier
-Jacob
-Hurley
-Charles Widmore
-Rose
-Eloise

Bad-Tier
-Christian Shephard
-Charlotte
-Cassidy
-Rousseau
-Michael

Shit-Tier
-Shannon
-Charlie
-Claire
-Naiomi
-Ana Lucia
-Walt

Karl-Tier
-Arzt
-Karl

If you disagree then you should please tell me why

Patrician taste.

Pretty good.

Richard Alpert is kind of an asshole. He saw and knew so much shit and told Ben essentially nothing, grooming him to becoming the inevitable psychopath

sun should be at least a tier higher imo

I completely forgot about Karl, what a waste of a character. Right up there with that merc leader in season 5

was he supposed to be around alex's age? why did they cast a dude who looked 40 years old

He didn't really look 40. What they did with Ethan was much worse. Having him born in 1977, making him 24 in this episode.

>fucks Sawyer two hours earlier
>"JACK I CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT YOU"

t. woman

How did Ethan set up Juliette's ex husband to get hit by that bus? The Others were so much cooler when they had infinite resources and teleportation powers and weren't dirty jungle people who killed off scientists and took their stuff

>jack literally saw them banging in the cage

Was jack cuck kino?

>it's a Kate and Sawyer flirtatious bickering scene

What happened to all the background characters?

>kate: "What happened? I liked the old you"
>jack: "no you didn't"

>Jack shows interest in Kate
>Sawyer bangs Kate before Jack does
>Jack shows interest in Ana Lucia
>Sawyer bangs Ana Lucia, Jack never does
>Jack shows interest in Juliet
>Sawyer bangs Juliet, Jack never does

I'm surprised Sawyer didn't bang Jack's wife before him too

Sounds stupid as fuck. Glad I quit after the second season.

Being jack was suffering

Finished my re-watch a couple of weeks ago. They actually do the "I need X time, you have Y" cliche in the finale.

Fuck you it was awesome

Sawyer belongs to Elder God-Tier.
Arzt was pretty fun. The only redshirt who is at least Alright-Tier.

He was butthurt the island/Jacob spoke to John and gave him nothing because he was a pathetic sack of shit.

>it's a pablo and nikki episode

What caused thing to fly around in the cabin the first time John visited?

so what happened to claire? after she gets possessed by jacks dad or whatever she just fucks off forever

>it's a pablo and nikki episode

He was awful in the last season. Can't believe the writers fucked in so bad.

She comes back in season 6 as a crazy jungle lady.

She was influenced by the smoke monster, like sayid. Crazy Claire was still better than normal claire. Black haired teen Claire is GOAT though

Jacob fucking with them.

They were shit, but Expose is kinda fun. It sucked to get that episode after waiting a week to find out why the fuck John's dad was on the island, but on re-watches I don't mind it. I love Sawyer's "Who the hell are Nicki and Paulo?"

I thought it was MiB because that merc woman said Jacob hadn't been there in a long time

What was this guy's problem?

It was. I think sewing friction between Ben and Locke

What would you say to the fans that dislike Jack?