So, can anyone explain to me what happened to Brendan Fraser...

So, can anyone explain to me what happened to Brendan Fraser? I'm not a movie enthusiastic so i am not aware of the news on everything, i just see some websites saying that my childhood hero is doing really bad, so i thought Sup Forums could explain it to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDYz4C5mxjs
youtube.com/watch?v=Ecurpcghs0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got fat and balded pretty bad, got divorced from his wife after she killed a man in a car accident and demanded like .5 million dollars a year in alimony after his career had already cooled off. He was living out of motels for a while.

40 THOUSAND DOLLARS PER MONTH

calling all fraserheads

no love for fraser the dazer

watch this video

youtube.com/watch?v=WDYz4C5mxjs

only four minutes in and this is so hard to watch. he seems like a shell of man, jesus christ.

Brendan Fraser
>very attractive man in the 90s
>mediocre actor
>tended to do kid's movies and romantic chick flick comedies (women liked him)
>Never made any true kino because not a great actor.

2000 ish roles around.

>Get older, get depressed, get paunchy, stop working out.
>hair begins to fall out
>get hair plugs which also fall out in a patchy and sparse way making balding problem way worse than if nothing was done.

>Wife divorces, sues for an alimony scaled to his 90s earning potential.
>But as someone who's always coasted on looks and kid's movies, being washed up mediocre dad bod isn't paying like it used to.
>Get bit parts on tv shows for the last decade and a half with alimony of millions a year while only earning a few hundo thousand a year.
>Alimony payments frequent exceed what he makes in a year.

It's no different than any hot actress with mediocre acting skill. Once their looks dry up, they are forgotten. They can no longer be big name eye candy. Since they weren't great at acting they can't play roles that center on their dramatic ability rather than sex appeal.

>40 THOUSAND

Just... watch this. It's not for the faint of heart:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ecurpcghs0c

Aging and making bad movie choices

wait a minute,
>she killed a man in a car accident
she killed a man and they are punishing brendan for it?

why no one mentions his injury? I think that's why he couldn't do any more action flicks
it's a shame imo, he may not be a great actor, but I liked him in the mummy and bedazzled and that other one where he dies and gets into some kind of cartoon hell or shit

yeah he fucked up his back and I think that's why his voice is so fucked up now too

The JUST meme broke my heart when it was huge here. He is still an all time favorite for me just because The Mummy.

Nothing out of the ordinary.Most actors go through a very productive decade or two when they are at their peak. Many also drop off the map as soon as their popularity decreases which leads to fewer work. It happens even to the biggest stars. Even somebody like Will Smith didn't maintain the star power he had back from like 15 years ago.

I watched the first mummy with gf and she just loved prime Brendan, she said he had a sexy voice

Are you, dare I say it, asking for a quick rundown?

JUST

Dont worry. Brenny is getting better and i already making his comeback in Hollywood.