Winter Olympics medal count

Overall how would you rate your countries performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

olympiskepoeng.blogspot.no/
pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/general/medal-standings.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know. I've forgotten everything already.

Shit. Other than Lizzy Yarnold's gold medal, we only got our other medals because one of the favourites choked and we were lucky enough to finish 3rd. Elise Christie was too busy killing the competitors to win her events, both our curling teams choked hard, our 4-man bobsleigh teams were disappointing, most of our skiers/snowboarders were shit aside from James Woods (who fucked up his routine and failed to get a medal) and our two bronze medalists (who, liked I said earlier, were lucky to win theirs). Considering the amount of money we've spent for these Olympics, we've underachieved in most events.

I'd say an 8/10. Under-performing in hockey (and not performing at all in men's and women's curling) is disappointing, but besides that, Canada did pretty great overall and in a nice variety of disciplines too.

Tessa and Kaetlyn are the only reason I'm not boycotting the olympics right now

We got our best ever medal tally in an event most people don't watch. Only Scotland should be embarrassed at their humiliating nil points. What can we spend the £10,000,000 on instead?

absolutely terrible, beaten by some literally who cuntry and fucking burgerland

Rebuild Hadrian's Wall

>Colombia

I'm proud we even had an athlete there.

inb4 hurr le 56%. I lived in Colombia most of my life; immigrated here relatively recently

Mediocre, we should have 20 gold at least. After all, we are super humans.

terrible. we wont even top the chart cause norway will win a gold in their statpad discipline now.

4/6 desu. We missed too many gold medals that traditionally should be ours almost by default.

we need to invest more in skeleton and luge

>All those high targets
>four point seven million
>did GBR even compete in figure skating lol wtf
>all that failure

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAA

except I'm truly devastated about /eve/

Could have gone better.

my country? what country?

>Norway
>Dope Cheats

why is Norway listed twice?

Seppuku-tier

asthma is legal apparently

7/10 based shoostie saved us.
alpine skiing was a bit disappointing but I figured vonn would choke, thought shiffrin would win at least a couple though. All skating has really gone wayward for us, used to be the good at speed skating and ok at short track and usually do better in figure skating, now we're shit at all of them.
overall we did better than I expected though, big wins in cross country, curling and hockey.

9/10
Biathlon and nordic combined are the only disappointments. Everything else has been better than expected

10/10
Too bad kike lovers took all our medals back

If we had won double gold in curling it would've been 10/10

Sadly, now maybe a 8/10

7/10

Over performance in Biathlon gave us more medals than usual.
But missing the Curling double gold and hockey final makes it all feel a bit bitter-sweet.

Trash-tier

As expected.

Only glimmer of hope is based Niskanen winning on for da land

3/10
only legitimate golds were in alpine and xc-skiing, cucking Canada in hockey was nice but it's still women's hockey. A silver in short track is decent I guess, at least after the embarrassment in Sochi

>snoreway

My country is fine. You can't lose if you don't participate
*fingers temple*

>Cuckmany
I guess >we enjoy coming in second.

About as expected. We had at least two decent chances at gold, but it wasn't a poor performance overall.

its always better coming second, the previous guys load helps lubing and frankly i dont consider it gay to stir around some other guys man mayonaise

*walks distances on ski involving guns or not*

Die Ostmark ist deutsch

Damn we didn't actually do that badly, and that's including some chokes

first time >we get 5 gold, still too many under-performances

unironically pretty good
won everything that really matters this time

>under-performances

meh, more than us

Pretty disappointing considering the expectations we had entering the games. Our Nordic Combined guys choked and handed Germany three gold medals after dominating the sport all year (alongside Watabe). Biathlon was also disastrous with only one gold medal. Snowboard was just awful. We had two very good shots at gold and ended up with no medals.

Reform the union

also fucked up hard at biathlon but its not like we had a chance to begin with, even if team leaders were there only Shipulin had real chance for a medal

I would be okay with that.

Also, nice edit. You approximated the original font better than me.

>not using the wikipedia editor to do the changes

danish-swedo-norway belongs to Germany any you know it

france is rightful german clay
germany is rightful russian clay

I didn't think of that. I handcrafted every pixel in Gimp.

also the slalom guy running off the course while in the lead, not getting gold in super-g, as well as some other very close ones

>13 more medals than last olympics
>highest medal count ever
>"we underperformed"
fuck you norway, I thought you were modest

Yeah, but I think our alpine skiers overperformed overall. Couldn't really expect a gold from Kristoffersen, but sure, disappointing that he didn't medal after leading after the first run. One gold, one silver and one bronze in the men's speed events was very good however, and Mowinckel's medals and the bronze in the team event came out of nowhere.

Now do asthmatics per million as well

we lost out on a couple gold medals because of stupid reasons that shouldn't happen on the Olympics therefore a solid 7

>the asthma meme again
You would climb high on that too, so you shouldn't talk. Not to mention Finland who won gold yesterday with one of their many asthma medicine athletes.

Last Olympics we had to compete against the best Russians, so naturally the expectations were higher this time around with many of them gone from the sports we do best in. We've also been much more competitive in the World Cup in many sports before these Olympics than before the Sochi Olympics, and there are more events where you can medal.

SHIT. If you're not first you're last. I hope everyone who didn't win a gold gets shot on the White House lawn for treason.

We missed several gold medals that typically are ours almost by default. We are happy about a new record, but when it comes to cross country skiing, and particularly biathlon we are not so happy about the results.

>shooting up whole of NHL
wow ur nazi

>The Olympic Games are competitions between athletes in individual or team events and
not between countries.

Retard.

Do you guys agree that Gold=3 Silver=2 Bronze=1 would be a better system than gold first no matter what?

In this system Korea would be ahead of Sweden with 35vs33.

Memes like this betray a total lack of understanding for how Olympic success arises.

Gold should probably be worth more

Better than expected.

see There is no official scoring/rating system

I agree that we need some kind of value system like that. If Canada got 20 silver and 10 bronzes, it would be MUCH better than a nation with 1 gold and 0 silver/bronse.

Not sure if Gold should be valued only at 3.

Maybe not but that's what people are talking about so it matters.

There's this alternate scoring system.

>Gold
>Silver
>Bronze
>4th
>5th
>6th

if you go that route you also have to give points to place 4,5,6,...

>so it matters
not really

why not go down to 8th? diplomas are given out for top eight

gold is first, nobody really remembers silver and bronze medals

Hvor er dette fra?

olympiskepoeng.blogspot.no/

Russia did not cheat you cunt!

cool

It matters in the context of having a discussion about it, for fun. So while we have fun with it, why not have a good system with it.

I think this was the best graph

We did marginally better than we did in 2014, so that's something. But we blew some really good shots at gold.

D, C based solely on placement but the top 3 clearly outclassed us

gold = 5
silver = 3
bronze = 1

kek please explain the colors

They color Norway in a different color because it's a Norwegian site

Who /Olympic athlete from Russia/ here?

day best ponts plucking
low germanic languages are retarded

So dumb, 95% of the US doesn't live in an environment as winter friendly as norway

not you

amazing

Pretty mad moot didn't change your flag for these weeks

*japanese moot

kek that'd have been amazing though

5-2-1 or 5-3-1, golds should be weighted to the point where it's the only thing that matters unless you spam a shitload more silver/bronzes than the other nation

>There is no official scoring/rating system
Literally just walk into the OFFICIAL website
pyeongchang2018.com/en/game-time/results/OWG2018/en/general/medal-standings.htm

Wow Gold > Silver > Bronze
what a surprise

la cretura.....

real moot would have done it in a heartbeat

read the OFFICIAL olympic charter

>The Olympic Games are competitions between athletes in individual or team events and not between countries.

10/3/1 would be better
No one remembers the silver and bronze medals

says the german who just lost the hockey game against the dopers

Hey Wesley.

Liechtenstein wins again

Stop funding this shit/10

Ski jumping team - 8/10. Sad that Hula didn't get individual medal and in team competition where was really close to silver.
rest of the team - 0/10 shouldn't even be in Pyongyang, bunch of hacks

They are a very very amazing nation.

now do it by government funding per medal, wait, you can't divide by zero for the us

cant even see Finland on that list, i guess that says enough. What happened tho? Finland used to be up there with norway and sweden, is it doping or are we just bad