Terry Gilliam is making Don Quixote

>Terry Gilliam is making Don Quixote
>Again.
>FOR REAL THIS TIME

>The Man Who Killed Don Quixote is an upcoming fantasy-adventure-comedy film directed by Terry Gilliam and written by Gilliam and Tony Grisoni, loosely based on the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. It is widely recognized as one of the most infamous examples of development hell in film history, with Gilliam unsuccessfully attempting to make the film a total of eight times over the span of nineteen years.

>... in March 2017, it was reported that the film had finally started filming for the first time in 17 years, with Jonathan Pryce as Quixote, and Driver still attached as Grisoni.

Half-Life 3 confirmed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DoPW0Bh3ORk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is he greatest auteur of our time?

Meanwhile, Terry Jones is suffering dementia. But no thread for that. Gotta have dat Gilliam.
Dem dutch angles
dem dutch fucking angles

when it crashes and burns I hope everyone will finally realize he's not "unlucky"

he's just a shit director with a terrible track record

I thought he had Palin as Quixote?

Dementia isn't a project. What are we meant to say? "Oh, that's sad." There's not a thread in that.

It saddens me when old people don't know when to stop

yfw he has a heart attack and they have to end the picture early

This attitude is completely contrary to auteurism, which is the only reason you care about directors in the first place. Some of the greatest films ever made were made by older directors.

my grandma had a type
an uncle too
now I'm super paranoid about my parents

>Time Bandits
>Brazil
>12 Monkeys
>Fear and Loathing
>shit director
oh please

>auteurism, which is the only reason you care about directors in the first place
You and your ilk need to disappear from my internet. Fuck you.

Yeah, this is probably a subject for /adv/, not really a cinematic matter particularly.

if he nails this he can have a go at dune too

Is your hostility to history connected to your hatred of old people?

This. Absolute Kino madman.

Reminder this marxist hates America so much he renounced his citizenship and said he hates all Americans.

plz no, let that shit die

When are you gonna list his good movies?

those are great, but basically everything after that has been dogshit

Why the fuck would this bother us? He left, he's not sticking around, good for him.

I like him even more

>Jonathan Pryce as Quixote

NOW, I'm hype.

>loosely based on the novel Don Quixote
>The Man Who Killed Don Quixote

*sigh* so, it is not a Don Quixote movie.

>Jonathan Pryce

he looks nothing like don quixote in the book

They could never do a real Don Quixote movie, it's a huge book and about half of it is irrelevant padding thrown in because Cervantes had a backlog of unsold stories he wanted to finally get paid for after the runaway success of the first volume.

Honestly, the only "bad" movie he's made is TBG, and it's still entertaining for what it is. His more recent stuff tends to be flawed for various reasons, but still fucking kino. I goddamn love Tideland.

Zero Theorem was way under-rated.

i hope this film doesn't turn out to be a remake of "Brazil", like "Zero Theorem" was.

Maybe if you've never seen brazil.

Like a shittier remake. Still 7/10 though.

>muh fresnel lenses

Why is don quixote supposed to be unfilmable?

Wishbone did it.

youtube.com/watch?v=DoPW0Bh3ORk

And it was staring a DOG. Seriously, gilliam is a joke.

>looks at America now

He made the right decision. But Bong land wasn't the best choice.

>implying Wishbone wasn't the height of DOG kino

Gilliam never stood a chance

No. I think he's interesting, though.

>unfilmable
it is not. just if you make it a movie, it'll be pretty boring, since don quixote is actually a comedy book which is not funny anymore. so, you have 2 options: make it a wacky comedy, or make it a boring art movie.

we must find a way to make it mini tv series.

and, yes.
>we

Why is he so obsessed with making THIS movie? Don Quixote was good for it's time but it's shit by today's standards. What makes it appeal to him so much? Did he lose his virginity while reading this book or some gay shit?

>shit by today's standards
shit buy comedy, still good by writing.
its like a art movie director trying to direct a comedy movie.

because it's a challenge.

>17 years to make

Damn right it's a challenge.

>loosely based on the novel Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
DROPPED. You either do the real thing with the real plot (minus the stupid filler stories from Vol 1 about those guys that were cucking each other) and more modern dialogues, or you don't do shit

>shit by today's standards
Go put a pinetree up your asshole. It's one of the funniest books ever made. And the second volume is one of the greatest works of Mankind

>Don Quixote was good for it's time but it's shit by today's standards
7/10 bait many will fall for it

Man, next Lynch is actually gonna make Ronnie Rocket.