WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS NOTHING IS EVER EXPLAINED THE SHOW OF THE DECADE

WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS NOTHING IS EVER EXPLAINED THE SHOW OF THE DECADE

Other urls found in this thread:

brilliantmaps.com/ww1-casualties/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUT IT LOOKS SO EPIC

First season was good because it had a love/cult subplot. Then it just becomes a bullshit show after that.

>not letting the mystery be

i just binged both seasons again to prepare for s3 and the only thing that is 'unexplained wierd shit' is kevin's sleepwalking alter-ego, what it does and why it does it.
i have a feeling they're gonna do an episode on it in s3 that shows all the sleepwalking scenes and all the poeple that interact with him sleepwalking (dean,aimee,virgil,michel,patti)

>mystery=plot
Lindelof couldn't plot his way out of a wet paper bag and fags like you enabling him are literal cancer. This show is a bunch of nonsensical shit bookended by folk music and sad piano and morons eat it up despite any semblance of meaning.

what's the problem with not having a meaning?

But muh characters

>uncultured neckbeard loser thinks his opinion is more valuable than the critics whose made the show have an 98 rating on metacritic

my favorite posts

I know you're under 25 and think it's totally hilarious *burp* that there is no meaning to the universe but at a certain age you realize the difference between absurdity and a waste of fucking time.

>Eat cowcrap! Ten billion fly can't be wrong!

Flies are not human though. They do not have developed brain. A fly does not appreciate artwork. This is known as a 'false equivalence' argument. It is also 'appealing to nature'. Two strikes user, make sure you don't follow up with 'appeal to authority' or 'ad hominens'.

Why does the universe have to have meaning?

You're just a retarded old autist with shitty taste.
Kys

I never said it did, I just said don't waste my time.

Ah you're one of those Rick and Morty shitposters. You one of those that make dozens of threads for EPIC YOUS AND GOLD ON r/Sup Forums :DDXDDD NARWHAL LE BACON!

Fuck off you stupid prick. There IS no purpose to the universe. Break it down. Let us assume there is a God. What purpose did he have in creating a universe? I assume you have a answer to this, backed up with concrete proof. We can ASSUME meaning and APPLY meaning. That does not result in the universe having an intrinsic meaning; because it doesn't. The Earth could disappear right now and nothing would change. The end result is still the same; heat death of the universe. If you want to make your own meaning, find meaning or assume meaning. Fair enough, power to you. Some would argue that's a defence mechanism against the crushing existential dread that swallows people, but their views and mine are irrelevant in that matter.

The universe does not have a purpose. Unless you can prove otherwise. I advise you to stick to making Rick and Morty shitpost threads, you're out of your depth here.

Don't reply; we're done here. Though I suspect your autism will compel you to do so. After all, autistic people can't follow simple instructions and they always have to get the last word in. I'll just hide your post, you won't have anything worth reading anyway.

What weird shit is never explained? I'm trying to think of an example but I can't.

I personally loved it, especially season 2, the characters were fascinating all the unexplained shit just flew past me and it tugged at my heart, also during international assassin I don't remember feeling so immersed in a single episode of a show in such a long time. But sure it is an awful stupid show and The Young Pope is much, much, much better it shouldn't even be referenced in the same post to this rubbish show

Lindelof is a hack etc

But The Leftovers was shit compared to TYP
The Young Pope is the greatest show in a decade etc

Someone said that the Leftovers was kino few days ago and I bindgewatched the 20h of this fucking garbage

I will look fo you
I will find you
And I will kill you

It's kino tho

Realistically, would the world by and large give a fuck if 2% of the population dissappeared? I could never buy the premise of everyone suddenly being sad n shit just because somebody's neighbor went missing. Also, most of this 2% would be chinks and sandniggers anyway

2% of the world's population is roughly 140 million people. Gone over night. And you're telling me it wouldn't be the defining moment of everyone's lives who happen to be alive at that point in history?

b- but muh feelings dude

MUH FEEEELEEEENS

Hell yes it would. With no explanation available there'd be no shortage of theories propping up, and like it is in the show, cults, religions and stuff will all have their own say about it.

Yes it's would you fucking retards.

People still talk about the holocaust and that happened over 50 years ago. the departure would be like holocaust x23, people will be sad as fuck.

more people died in battle than on the holocaust yet it is what you bring up

GTFO YOU FUCKING SHILL

also, wwi
brilliantmaps.com/ww1-casualties/

Nobody is in deep depression over holohaux though.

Second season was better desu

you're an idiot

it's not about the number it's about the fact that no one can explain the disappearances. How can you miss the whole point of the show this much? The fact that there is no scientific or religious explanation for this event is why people went crazy. That's exactly why the show will not explain the supernatural occurances. Because their is no logical explanation for them.

How many people died (yeah I know it's not mysteriously vanished but their existence was still snuffed out) on 9/11 and how has that affected the world in the years since ?

Exactly like the retards that like TD S1 because muh Carcosa.

>redditors believe this is as good as Sopranos

>leftovers
>the young pope
>all the classic
Why is HBO so superior bros?

its better

its shit.

its the best hbo show

elaborate

I got sick of Lindelof's garbage improvised writing before I even got past the first half of first season.

He went full retard after Lost.

>He went full retard after Lost.
>after Lost.
What else of his was even before LOST?

tiny dick

the first half of lost

TD S1 and The Leftovers are great though....

stop shilling Lindelof you saying its great a million times is not going to make it great

This is the type of dumbass that doesn't enjoy this 10/10 show.

This so much. Unless a show spoon-feeds me who the good guys and bad guys are and lets me know exactly when the good guys win and explain everything for me, I don't want to waste time watching it.

i wanted to like this show, because the characters are good and the acting is good and its well produced, but the writing is just so bad.

dude mysteries lmao

>never gets explained

As if it wasn't obvious from the first two seasons they literally spell it out for you in the last episode.

It's about biblical things happening today.

Kevin is a messianic figure. His circle of friends is his flock. God performs miracles again.

That's it. There is no further mystery.

The entire show is basically a "what if..." religious stuff from scriptures shit started happening today.

this only works if you conveniently ignore everything that has happened in the entire series other than the last 2 episodes of season 2

what "miracle" has happened other than kevin coming back to life?

Some guy came back to life in Australia, preacher's wife woke up, a city with 10,000 people and no one disappeared. Pay attention this isn't iron fist or whatever turd you enjoy

It has a slow buildup to the outright confirmation of miracles happening.

At first an unexplained event happens and people either refuse to acknowledge it or are so shaken they can barely function anymore. This is essentially a "divine intervention". Notice how nobody turns to religion in this situation but they find various ways of coping.
After that premise we're gradually introduced to Kevin and his circle of acquaintances and we slowly find out he's special until it's flat out confirmed he's essentially the new messiah.

What you and other autists wants is constant infodumps.

>flat out confirmed
>essentially
Or he's just fucking nuts. Or doggos did it.

whoa just like the horrible song

ITT: a bunch of fucking underdeveloped babies that need muh answers and think every story needs to sit you down and explain everything

Stop watching this show. You're too fucking retarded

Show is honestly the most definitive pleb filter to date.

God created life because life seeks to fill the void thus the urge for procreation.
That was easy

did he tell you that himself?
lol fucking retard
if you said this shit on the street, people would think you were fucking crazy.

what happened to the black baby plot? did they drop it?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Sup Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Not dropped but not yet explained. All we know is black baby is gone

>of everyone suddenly being sad n shit just because somebody's neighbor went missing

Well, true, people are naturally selfish pricks.

The issue is the people whose kids or loved one gone missing. Look at what's happening in places like Mexico where people get picked up by the cartels/police/military and the bodies are never found. Years later the families still don't know what happened and would be content to be delivered a rotting corpse just so they get closure, because not knowing what happened to them is what's killing them inside.

Add a supernatural element to it and you get The Leftovers (which could be much better written and interesting if it was handled by someone whose idea of "being deep" wasn't simply echoing fables from the bible)

Dude I made the best show this decade lmao

Sooo fucking stupid. Kill yourself

it's pretty great, yeah

>most definitive pleb filter to date.
But that is The Young Pope