What's the verdict?

What's the verdict?

I was taken aback when the kids were super screwed in that bus with the government spooks closing in with pistols and suddenly Hoover (was that the cop's name? It's been awhile.) comically 1 hit KOs all the gun wielding cops...

well made but ultimately soulless and forgettable

the gangbang scene kinda came out of nowhere

Wrong movie.

I am angry that it wasn't a horror story. Either way the characters all felt undercooked.

I loved the part where they discover the network of boobytrapped caves below the abandoned restaurant, and look for pirate treasure while being chased by a family of Italian criminals.

My favorite part was the shilling on Sup Forums for an entire month.

that was super 8

My favorite part was the shilling on Sup Forums of a deformed kid. He's not even a standout character or actor. He's just ugly. I guess the pedos here have such a low self esteem that they have to obsess over the ugly CHILD.

I like it better when it was animated and called Akira

I thought it was fine but maybe lacking some horror elements they hinted at early on and Winona's performance was ridiculous

>proudly rip off Stephen King
>forget to portray scary or edgy shit Stephen King is famous for
BRAVO VINCE BRAVO NOLAN BRAVO DnD

Was good were it ended. Doesn't need a season 2

Could have been cool. Felt like all the kids, Nancy and Jonathan would end up on a goonies style adventure into the upside down. That would have been so much better than what we got. The whole thing was cliche after cliche, until they try and surprise us with the ending. Absolute shit. Couldn't be less interested in a second season.

This

It was good, I like the 8 episdoe format instead of the 13 episodes they try to push into every other netflix show.
Wish they could learn from this.

>Poltergeist
>Silent Hill
>Aliens
>ET
>Any number of "kids ride on bikes, and have an adventure" stories (Goonies, Monster Squad, IT, Super 8, etc)
>Firestarter
>Carrie
>SCP
>Nightmare on Elm Street

I guess "paying homage" (ripping off) to a bunch of other stuff that people like is part of the appeal, but did this show really do anything original?

this was my reaction. It was like an homage to 80s kids sci-fi movies but I didn't honestly feel like it was an original experience or that I truly cared about the characters

R E P L A C E D

>but did this show really do anything original?
No and it also didn't have the highs of the things it ripped off.