You have 10 seconds to explain why I just watched a two hour McDonalds commercial

You have 10 seconds to explain why I just watched a two hour McDonalds commercial.

was it worth it?

I guess it is if you're into that era. It's pretty comfy

>it's about McDonald's so it's a McDonald's commercial
>it's about Facebook so it's a Facebook commercial

I turned it off after 20 mins

was way too transparent. I thought it was being a bit ironic but it wasn't

felt like a propaganda film almost. none of the characters seemed genuine

Cuz you're LITERALLY fucking retarded dude.

The fact that this movie exists, tells me it's a huge McDonalds commercial.

Commercials usually don't portray their company's founder in a negative light.

This was mandatory viewing in american highschool between 2003-2007. I was in English class and they made us stop to watch this.

Yeah, long shots of smiling people eatings burgers were a bit too much. The HUH YOU MADE IT SO FAST THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE??? just felt stupid

Aftermath, The Founder or The Great Wall. Which one do i watch?

>comfy

Use real people words.

STOP USING GREEN TEXT

"Real people" is not an adjective. If you're going to be a pedant, at least do it right.

that was at the original mcdonalds restaurant

they made of point of how he was trying to cut corners in the franchises and the brothers kept stopping him

>tfw 50s were the absolute high point of human civilisation
>00s came close, but it all came tumbling down

>the brothers reveal their whole operation to a random milkshake seller
What did the McDonalds marketing team mean by that?

I really enjoyed the movie, didn't come off as a "McDonalds commercial" at all.

Aftermath is arnoldkino

I have the exact same sentiment op.

>00s came close, but it all came tumbling down
You just outed yourself as a teenager.

I don't know, that film made me wish mcdonalds went bankrupt

Not only that but a fedora-wearing, fake-nostalgia-having teenager.

Probably fat too.

McDonald's only exist because of a sneaky and greedy jew the milkshake seller met at a bank of all places.

>50s were the absolute high point of human civilisation
Sure, but it's partly because of the excesses of the 50's that we have the shit situation we have today. Baby boomers were selfish back then and evidently they are just as selfish now.

Did McDonald's actually fund this movie?

What would be the McDonalds of today if McDonalds were gone?

pedantic*

no.

also, Ray did nothing wrong.

It's not a McDonalds commercial you stupid turbo n*gger. As if McDonalds needs more exposure when it has been a household name and synonymous with fast food for 50 years.

Burger King

>tfw 50s were the absolute high point of human civilisation
in ancient rome you could own slaves

>a two hour McDonalds commercial.

It's actually not, it's a movie about how Kroc (what a name for that guy considering what he did) ripped off more creative people and basically stole their entire lives out from under them multiple times to make a buck.

It honestly has nothing to do with McDonald's as it exists today except to show how the company exists today and why: all because Ray Kroc was a low down dirty lying backstabbing egotistical underhanded son of a bitch that doesn't deserve much recognition at all, really.

Don't forget the behind the scenes jew he met at the bank who gave him the plan for what he did.

Marvel

but was it good?

>mfw I made a thread about this movie and then I see your thread that's been going on for way longer
Sorry friendo. Am I just a cow or what?

They had already tried everything and failed, there was nothing to lose.

s came close, but it all came tumbling down
EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!

Can anyone explain to me what Mcdondals did that was different from other restaurants?

Like a assembly-line style food creation?

Nah you are way too black and white about this.

Kroc had the vision and ambition to make McDonalds work as a franchise while the brothers didn't. Sure they had great ideas and made a great restaurant, but so do hundreds of other restaurants that era and even in this day and age do as well. He knew how to make it a global billion dollar business, if it wasn't McDonalds, then it would be another burger restaurant like Wendys or BK that would take its place, the difference was Roy was there first.

It does however show the shortcuts Roy took to kind of cut out the restaurants soul in order to make it something corporate and extremely profitable so I don't think it's a advertisement or pro-mcdonalds like OP would suggest.

It wasn't a good movie, but the first 30 minutes were absolutely horrible and made it seem like a straight up commercial. The longer it goes on the less it becomes like that.

Still, you haven't missed much. Just know, it wasn't THAT horrible the entire movie.

Nah, that existed long before.

They might have invented drive-throughs, I'm not sure.

But at the end of the day, it was just a well run company that grew and got a bit lucky here and there, like most big companies.

Speed, price, consistency, and uniformity of food, and wholesome family place.

Stop from what, eating Big Macs?

The assembly line style was what made it a stable standalone restaurant. What made it an excellent franchise was the company owning the land and leasing it to the franchisees, increasing the capital of the company immensely. This was first of it's kind and pretty much created for all the popular franchises we see today.

Apple

Weren't they one of the first places with a drive through?
That really was a game changer for fast food restaurants.

s came close

It's literally the worst decade since the 1910s

but you didn't

It's a character study about Kroc. How he finagled McDonald's from the brothers (and made both of them millionaires), how he redefined how franchises work (tighter control than the Church of Rome), how to steal another man's wife, and how to give Michael Keaton another chance to show what a good actor he is.

Loved this kino.

Also, how to not miss delicious dubs.

Up until McDonalds you were reliant on cooking big batches of food at once or cooking to order.

McDonalds can cook 6 big macs at once in 2 minutes and they can stay in the food bin for about 30 minutes without quality being affected. When you get down to 2 big macs, you make another six to replenish the stock.

When there are enough big macs, you make quarter pounds etc. The person cooking is constantly making food. The person serving is doing nothing but taking the orders and putting the food on the tray.

Having one person taking the order, walking off to cook the food, then putting it on the tray is very inefficient, most of the time is spent walking around and when doing multiple different tasks you naturally do each part slower anyway..

Cooking big bataches of food in advance rather than McDonalds rolling stock system means risking cold burgers or selling out.

tldr: McDonalds ensure that workers are constantly working with assembly line levels of efficiency, ensuring that people aren't waiting long and that the food is relatively fresh.

Now can you reformat that post in actual correct writing technique and not reddit spacing? One sentence is not a paragraph.

Short paragraphs are perfectly valid, especially for journalistic or informative writing.

You also made at least two grammatical mistakes in that post.

The HUH YOU MADE IT SO FAST THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE??? just felt stupid

why do you think they call McDonalds fast food you retard?

the movie made an entire point about how it always took an eternity to get you food at a drive-in restaurant and McDonalds revolutionized everything with its assembly line strategy for making the food

>Reddit invented short paragraphs

Found the teen redditor

redditors type like this.

it's really fucking easy to spot and a sign that you need to go back

Because you're a dumb goy

I would bet that you're the type of person that laughs at their own jokes.

You'd be correct then.