Finland man defends home, gets jail for 4 years

Finland man defends home, gets jail for 4 years

>A homeowner in Finland has been sentenced to four years in jail and a hefty fine after fighting off three intruders who attempted to rob his house. The thieves, meanwhile, got lesser prison terms and are to be paid damages by their victim.
In April, a 35-year-old man from Hyvinkää, a town just 50km north of the Finnish capital, Helsinki, heard a knock on the front door of his suburban house and rushed to open it. As soon as he unlocked it, three strangers rushed in and launched at him, toting baseball bats and a gun. The man retreated to the kitchen, where he found a knife and with it was able to overpower the intruders, two men and one woman.

>The court spent nearly four months examining the case to come up with the unexpected ruling.

>The homeowner has been convicted of “excessive self-defense and attempted manslaughter,” Helsinki news reports. He will serve an unconditional sentence for four years and two months, which he has to spend in prison. The man also has to pay damages to his attackers, with the fine totaling €21,000 (US$23,000). The newspaper does not provide information on the severity of injuries sustained by the home-invaders, however, it is known that they survived the event.

rt.com/news/352236-jail-finland-court-robbery/

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9595589/David-Cameron-when-a-burglar-invades-your-home-they-give-up-their-rights.html
youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1461346/Five-years-in-prison-for-acting-in-self-defence.html
google.com/search?q=Hyvinkää&tbm=nws
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/russia-respond-if-finland-joins-nato/
verkkouutiset.fi/kotimaa/Asunto veitsi hatavarjelun liioittelu-53007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mfw they won't release the identity of the judge

I'm 90% sure it's a fucking woman

That or a self-hating leftist cuck faggot. Goddamn this makes me mad

>Reaction gifs in the article

Based RT

funlan y so cuck?

Probably a woman alright. The stupidity is off the charts.

telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9595589/David-Cameron-when-a-burglar-invades-your-home-they-give-up-their-rights.html

.. and Fins think they are less cucked then Bongs, post 15 year old news clips to back up their point while in reality Bongs have been able to literally murder a home intruder legally.

theres several court cases of someone kiling intruder and only getting fined for excessive self defence.

>European justice

So, Russia, about that independence of ours
you still want to take us back? I'm willing to do that

What the fuck

>"Excessive self-defense"
>One of the niggers had a gun

suomi why so cucked?

>suomi why so cucked?
What do you mean? This is justice :^)

if I were him, I'd piss on the judge

Fuck off. Rather dead than red

Cuck

All I can say that there must be something not reported, ie. we don't know... That being said I know our ''''justice'''' system IS pretty shitty when it comes to defending yourself or property.

a coal burner most likely

>Wants Russia to come buttfuck him again
>Calls others cuck

Russia > Eu

Isn't wanting a foreign power to take over your country more of a cuck move?

Can't he appeal his sentencing to a higher court? This absurd.

>defend yourself from armed intruders attempting to rob and kill you
>get jailed 4 years

FINLAND
WEAK
PATHETIC
LOSER
SAD

>rt
I love that this is spreading. Now the whole world can laugh at our retarded justice system.

>dead
long past that stage

The same attitude that leads to gun ban's pushes for the castration of self defense laws.

You show complete deference to the state, going so far as to not even defending your own person, or they'll punish you for stepping out of line.

>Can't he appeal his sentencing to a higher court?
Yes
>This absurd.
Yes

If it is our only way out of EU

Simo Hayha pls come back TT

pls shoot everyone

pls

What a shithole.

Also this post reminds me how great it is to live in a muh castle defense doctrine state hahah. Anyone breaks into my house, i'ma shoot that mother fucker dead then call the cops to come pick up the body. Only thing the cops are gonna give me is a handshake.

kukka poika, not so tough now are we? always making fun of us swedes!

DELETE THIS

okay, we might be a shithole but we don't get beheaded here and our government doesn't deal drugs, pablo

youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg

Feels good to be a criminal. Get cucked law abiding citizens

what the fuck finland

>ace attorney gifs
Is that a news agency for autistic children?

rt went full meme on this one it seems

You can't spell hopeless without hope

The laws are shit because they were written when Finland was pretty much a safe haven and such crime didn't exist.

This tbqh. We don't really have any self-defense laws.

Maybe in a century or two we'll get around that.

probably also because you wouldn't just get killed if you step 1cm into someones territory.

same shit here. retarded laws.

This. If three people with baseball bats and a gun rush in you're not going to retreat to the kitchen, grab a knife and "overpower" them. Most likely they were there to make that 35 y/o pay his (drug) debts or something and he decided to start stabbing them. You don't usually attack armed people with a knife.

Haha even Sweden is bringing the bantz. How will Finland ever recover from this?

I'm going to have to third this. It's extremely obvious there's more to this case. Not trying to justify the shitty verdict, but chances are it wasn't in proper self defence.

>The man retreated to the kitchen, where he found a knife
And this is the part the burglars fucked up. They let a Finn to become in possession of a knife.

Tfw Finns are so cucked they defend the people breaking into homes

He was probably a master of Kas-Pin

This kind of shit is what turns good men evil

>Fuck off. Rather dead than red
>Russia
>still "red"

Lolwat

Just disbelief. A 4 year sentence for a situation like this is pretty much unheard of. Either it's some extremely delusional judge or there's stuff not being told. Either way, the case will almost certainly move up to the hovrätt where it'll be deliberated upon further.

our country is filled with idiotic nationalists who haven't done their research. These people still think we are the same country we used to be during winter war and that USSR still exists

Oh but you're in the process of being red my friend :^)

That's our justice system alright.
Not that this is exactly news, it's always been like this.

Defend yourself and you'll get fined.
One of the reasons why people choose not to get involved, when there's a fight or a robbery going on.
Go in and deck the robber and without a doubt you're the one that's going to pay for it.

But this guy has a point though.
There's something about this that we're not being told.
First of all the 4 year sentence for this is pretty damn extreme and second, this was clearly some kind of an organized thing.
3 guys with bats and a gun and this guy manages to just fight them off?
I say bullshit, he was expecting this and there most likely were drugs, or some debts involved with this attack.

>tfw your country is full of minorities but still manages to be better than Finland

>t. Ivan Ivanovits Ivanov

>Jarimnsh
No nyt oli jännä ID.

sano mua vaan Jariks :DDD

You haven't, though.

telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1461346/Five-years-in-prison-for-acting-in-self-defence.html

Should not have left it merely attempted.

>2004

>Chris Grayling, the Justice Secretary, is due to outline the proposal dubbed "batter a burglar,"

>he newspaper does not provide information on the severity of injuries sustained by the home-invaders, however, it is known that they survived the event.

So how exactly are we supposed to know whether his actions were "excessive"?

>intruders enter home, armed
>fear tactics
>defendant avoids injury
>obvious that they never intended to kill him
>he comes at them with the intention of killing
>MYSTERIOUS INJURIES
>maybe he cut their vaginas off

Matti please you know what I meant. Don't be a cuckold. Russia is still ruled by a dictator.

Why wouldn't the justice department or the judge reveal the severity of his 'excessive' attack after the sentencing, then?

Because it was sexual in nature.

Cases like this always make me think, wouldn't it be better to kill the intruders on the spot, or let them bleed out before calling the cops/ambulance?

You'd just say that you were in shock, fainted, whatever, they cannot proove you otherwise.

Because they lived it was 3 statements versus 1, they could just aswell bullshit the court that they only wanted to borrow some sugar and he violently stabbed them without any provocation. If they would be already dead however, you could bullshit your way out way easier.

If he killed the 3 of them and buried the bodies in his back garden, he would still be a free man.

Anyone have the story on another website?

It's probably on some Finnish news sites but I don't know the language.

google.com/search?q=Hyvinkää&tbm=nws

>Putin threatens response if Finland joins NATO
>Finland too busy jailing own citizens for protecting themselves to respond to Putin's threats

You can't make this shit up

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/1/russia-respond-if-finland-joins-nato/

Huutonaurua mongooleille!

مرحبا زميل مسلم

petturin palkka on kuolema

verkkouutiset.fi/kotimaa/Asunto veitsi hatavarjelun liioittelu-53007

>1 case of excessive force in the form of attempted manslaughter
>2 cases of attempted manslaughter
>intruders got assault charges and (violation of the sanctity of one's home) whatever the fuck it would be translated
>a woman amongst the intruders
>similiar age would to me imply they knew eachother
So the bunch break into his home to rough him up for whatever reason - the woman being involved would make me think she's made a false rape claim or some shit - then the man goes berserk and tries to kill them all. Sounds like bullshit to me.

Fuck off, mole.

Crusade when

You mean like the ones that destroyed our culture and heritage initially?

Never mind, I know where you're at, but please think more historically.

>one man with a kitchen knife
>against three shitskins with guns and bats

That man already won; do what you must.

Exactly. When the law is unjust, it just prompts good citizens towards extremes of action. Like in China where if you help someone in trouble, they can sue you, rather than there being good samaritan laws. So now chinks just ignore little girls who got hit by a car and are bleeding out.

Great laws, yuurocucks! Meanwhile in Freedomland, if someone fucks with me I can shoot them and go on stage to be awarded a medal of honor by the mayor. Praise be to Trump and the NRA!

Says the guy with a cross on his flag, hundreds of years steeped in Christian culture.
That you or any of the Varg types can claim any sort of continuity with something that's been dead and buried for a thousand years is nearly on the level of schizophrenia.

>breaking into somebodies home when you know the occupants are there
>with weapons

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CRIMINALS?

>we are al öne religön under göd

t.christcuck faggot

So you're saying I could get paid $23k for breaking into some Finnish guy's house with a gun? That would easily cover travel costs.

What's the best part of Finland to do this in?

Justice well served!