So now that the dust has settled we can all agree that this is Andersons best film?

So now that the dust has settled we can all agree that this is Andersons best film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hakQFZh8QpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but that isn't
Boogie Nights

You probably think magnolia is good too

you probably like penises shoved up your nose

The Master is PTA's attempt at outing poseurs by making something utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature just enough that it confuses them into praising it out of fear for being labelled a pleb.

An intentionally terrible movie carefully emulating a masterpiece. A true work of genius. Why do you think the plot of the film involves a cult leader who feigns insight and brilliance but is secretly full of shit? It's a metaphor for the film itself.

tl;dr if you think The Master is actually good you're a "pleb"

I like it, but his best is still There Will Be Blood. Sometimes, the "easy answer" is the right one.

Boogie Nights is the one I'm most likely to re-watch, though

His best is dude milkshake lmao. Any other opinions are merely Reddit.

You need to wise up

youtube.com/watch?v=hakQFZh8QpA

*tips fedora*
I must bow to your superior knowledge of cinema, I shall engage in no quarrel with you good sir for my plebian tastes have been outed and thus I would have not a leg to stand on

Get the fuck out. He wrote that pretentious dribble in two weeks coked out of his head. It is easily one of the worst flicks ever made.

This was literally the most boring movie Ive ever seen.

the movie isn't confusing at all. I know jack shit about movies but I thought The Master was really entertaining

Yeah but you're just some dumb faggot, what would you know?

T.kevin smith

pig fucks detected

You could probably cut out half an hour of melodrama and end up with a better movie, but it's still pretty good. It's the kind of movie that sounds like a pretentious mess on paper, but anytime I've actually re-watched it I get drawn in by the characters and the style of the whole thing.

The Master is a terrible, terrible film.

I think people get confused because up until PSH appears, it is beautiful and interesting. The movie sinks the minute Hoffman starts up his atrocious performance of an incredibly boring character.

After re-watching it recently I think Hoffman may have been deliberately bad. There's no way a man that talented can do what he did unless it was intentional. Maybe he wanted to ward off adding mystique to such a shitty person.

I think it's his best movie.

It's not my favorite of his -- that would be Boogie Nights -- but The Master is fantastic.

I know it's got meme levels of respect now, but TWBB really PTA's contribution to kino

It's actually utter fucking shit.

This is a terrible, terrible post. It's one of the best performances of Hoffman's career. You gotta understand he's playing a pretentious blowhard who is in love with the sound of his own voice, deep down he knows he's full of shit, but he's trapped himself in the role of "prophet/leader" because he convinced all these people to believe him and follow him.

Deep down, he wishes he could live like Joaquin, chasing after women and getting blasted drunk without any cares, ambitions, or responsibilities. That's the whole attraction between these two characters. He doesn't really want to teach him or "train" him, he wants to be like him

Inherent Vice is PTA's only good movie

>utterly disjointed that vaguely resembles a narrative feature

if you think that The Master is even slightly has a incoherent narrative or structure then you need to watch more films you fuckin pleb

1. Magnolia - 10/10
2. There Will Be Blood - 10/10
3. Boogie Nights - 9/10
4. Inherent Vice - 8/10
5. Punch-Drunk Love - 8/10
6. Sydney/Hard Eight - 7/10
7. The Master - 6/10

so theoretically speaking how easy would it be to form a cult of cute lolis for you to breed with

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

PTA is such an overrated fucking hack. There Will Be Blood and Boogie Nights were the closest he ever came to art, the rest is absolute dog shit. You couldn't pay me to watch inherent vice again.

don't enlarge that

why would anybody want to pay you to watch a film anyway?