THINK AGAIN

THINK AGAIN.

Other urls found in this thread:

utm.utoronto.ca/careers/careers-by-major-women-gender-studies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bad luck I guess

guess what happens when you major in stupid fucking shit from a noname university.

hmmmm... this rly made me think again

wtf i hate thinking now

>Majoring in Medical Technology

How did I do Sup Forums

come to Trinidad, our public health facilities overdosed 200+ cancer patients with radiation because the "machine was not calibrated"

>fast food workers don't make enough
>ew factory jobs? Who wants those?

A major in Gender Studies, Liberal Arts or Communcations is not education, so the point about getting better education still stands.

Why the fuck is this my problem?

If all you could find with your college degree is a front-line fast-food job then yes, you do need to be better educated

>NEETS VINDICATED

Sorry you wasted 4 years on a joke degree, maybe that degree in philosophy will really help you seem enlightened and superior to all those high school kids you're now surrounded by.

Jesus Christ...Sounds like you need it.

How is this possible, I mean they are superior and educated.

So what?
We have the same problem in Sweden, people who get shitty education, mostly in areas where they cant get a job connected to that education, so they take jobs that could have gone to people with lover skills

>study horseshit nobody needs
>even going to college
Yep, not my fault you're in a dead end wageslave job, m8. Shouldn't have gone for them liberal/woman studies degrees.

What are marketable degrees, Alex?

>lover skills
meant "lower skills" totally dont have love on my mind and its not like im longing for it

This just in, McDonald's to require liberal arts degree for all "chefs". Thank god Hillary is making degrees free.

LMAO she probably went to art school. Her face looks like her parents just committed seppuku to make up for what a disgrace she has been to the family.

I've been working as a seaman(inb4 semen) for 30$ an hour for the last 6 years, how'd I do? I never went to college and have no backup skills but this pay is great.

Is Computer Engineering a good degree? I figured it was the same skills as a Computer Science major but i could say I'm an engineer too lol. Wanted to do Network Administration but there's no programs near me

In 10 years the oceans will be devoid of life so you better get a plan going

My husbandu is getting ready to graduate with a degree in computer engineering. Tough field. good job desu.

I actually move oil on ships, not fishing. How long until oil/gas runs out?

Quicker if we don't bomb the fuck out of isis.

Firstly, the above assumes that all degrees are worth being paid more than minimum wage.

Secondly, anyone who actually gives a damn about poor people should know that minimum wage isn't the problem. The problem is that there's an asston of areas in this country in which the vast majority of jobs are only minimum wage/near minimum wage jobs. This carries with it the questions of why this is true, and how to solve them, which are a hornet's nest of difficult socioeconomic issues combined with major political issues that'll make a lot of people very unhappy to unpack.

>I've been working as a semen
gross

>counting two-year associate degrees as college degrees

Ew. And I went to CC, but didn't bother fucking with an AA, just went to a university next.

I fucked up a lot in life and got in a position where if I wanted to graduate at a decent rate I had to switch over to a liberal arts degree. It took me 3 years of constantly searching for better jobs. I've been making 10.00 an hour but couldn't find anything better. After all of this searching I finally found a job that will pay me $15 an hour. I put in so many goddamn hours for this and if liberals destroy the real monetary value so that I can share equivalent fiat with these faggots I will absolutely lose it, I won't let this happen

Are you black?

We live in a country where the government has seized the means of production and the common people cannot start new businesses or invest their money.

>muh women studies
fuck off and die

Wow 400,000 people who graduated college work low paying jobs. Better change fucking everything for 0.001% of the population.

So what type of degrees do they have?

>tens of millions of college graduates
>muh 400k
literally nothing

>libtards see college educated earn more
>libtards bright idea is to give everyone a """"free"""" college education
>now colllege educated earn jack
libtards literally destroy everything they touch

>Heh, guess you shouldn't have majored in Women's Studies you fucking idio-

APOLOGIZE. NOW.

>noname university
This shouldn't be relevant because there are just too many socio-economic and geographic reasons why everyone just cannot go to Ivy League schools

kek

Holy shit this is making me think. I'm actually about to think my face off lads.

Why didn't he just move to a different country and get work there?

>This shouldn't be relevant
It is relevant you dumb nigger.

Those universities are complete trash and we enabled them to never improve by giving out student loans to everyone.

this

Pretty much all of Americas problems are because economically we are doing pretty shitty.

It happens a lot with STEM too.

We don't have factory jobs in the USA anymore.

Hans has a point, have a refugee.

What is financial aid?

What are loans?

What is a part time job?

What is the work study program?

The only reason people go to these shit tier universities/colleges is because they want to go to college but were average/below-average in high school.

Because pure science isn't in a really high demand.

Wow, a physics degree? Great. No one give a fuck and you really aren't any more employable because you still can't do jack shit. Oh, good, a pure maths degree? Again, you're practically unemployable.

Applied sciences like engineering or comp sci are really the only portions of STEM with good job prospects.

Not all STEM is equal.

No he doesn't, you fags don't even live in the USA.

what a qt, would marry and support with my own income while she takes care of the kids

But user, you'll get a raise when they raise the minimum wage!

nudes?

Yeah, but we generally get a better job within five years of graduation don't we?

Part of the problem here is the belief that Graduates walk into £26000pa jobs straight out of college? This may have happened in the 60s (I doubt it though) but these days you're going to hussle for at least eighteen months.

Get on a course with a year in Industry chaps.

>tfw 30-something
>tfw hs dropout
>tfw no ged
>tfw no career goals/ dreams
>tfw work at Walmart for nearly a decade
>tfw CC is $20k and can't be burdened with debt

I'll try a bit harder in life if I am more decisive and not get fucked over and homeless for the majority of my "best years" as I'm too old to start from the absolute bottom and be taken seriously in the workforce.

Computer science and engineering too. Getting a job easily with those meme degrees is very tough too.

I have a CS degree.

when did it go wrong user?

Nope, not here in the US unless you have connections.

In the US it's all about connections and not what MEME God tier degree you have.

Doing Music Technology and Production in college.

How fucked or not am I?

Shouldn't have pursued identity group studies.

>tfw no ged
It's so easy. Are you retarded?
>$20k in credit card debt.
Ah. There's the answer.

That's a serious list of deficiencies, but at least you are aware of them. You're making it worse by using a name and tripcode though.

Gender studies are actually one of the most versatile degrees you can get. On the other hand, STEM is mostly math and calculations, your jobs will be replaced by computers in the futures. You can't exactly automate the jobs of a rights activist or journalist.

Women's studies majors are hired by:

>Government and Community Organizations
>Universities and Colleges
>Non-profit agencies
>Religious Organizations
>Mental Health Facilities
>Community Centres
>Behavioral Health Clinics
>Residential Care Facilities
>Corporate Human Resources Offices

They develop skills such as:

Communication skills:

>Ability to formulate and defend positions
>Ability to write detailed research papers and summarize concepts and ideas
>Use vocabulary to suit a wide variety of audiences
>Read and understand both primary and secondary sources
>Explain concepts and strategies well enough in research papers to influence and persuade the reader

Research skills:

>Evaluate ideas and research
>Gather information and data
>Literature reviews using libraries and internet
>Interpret research and data

Critical thinking/problem solving:

>Critical thinking skills
>Ability to analyze and synthesize
>Ability to recognize assumptions and make inferences
>Ability to create research designs

Interpersonal skills:

>Tolerance of different people and their views
>Ability to understand difference and discover the intersections between racism, homophobia, sexism, classicism, and other forms of oppression
>Knowledge about power relationships and injustice
>Ability to accept intellectual and personal challenges, take a stand and support it with evidence

Writing/editing skills:

>Reading and thinking critically; using unfamiliar materials and generating new ideas
>Reading and analyzing a text
>Perform a close reading of the text and provide an analysis of the passage
>Able to argue or defend a position
>Correct usage of grammar
>Able to write clearly

losers like you are degenerate and are an embarrassment to Sup Forums

you're barely better than a nigger

When I lived in England there were salad cleaning/packing factories everywhere. I made £7/h just putting dirty salad in and placing the clean packed ones for storage. Saying that though, I am guessing salad is non-existent in USA anyway

>National Employment Law.
Giving fast-food workers in important jobs.

>Better educated
>College graduates

Not the same thing.

Higher education bubble.

>critical thinking

sure about that?

>no liberal arts
who is going to teach your kids german then?
Some STEMlord who can't even write his name and thinks reading literature is a pleb activity?

There's tons of factory jobs in any city outside the Rust Belt.
I work at one to pay for school. Every factory / warehouse / etc. in my city is terribly understaffed.

because that's usually really simple and doesn't require money or knowing another language in some cases, right

Nudes?

Do you live in an area with a lot of tech. In Atlanta if you just post your resume you'll get calls everyday. It's up to you after that. If your having problems I would consider moving.

Well, it's not like getting a job is ever going to be easy. But having CS or Eng is certainly going to be a lot better than a pure math or an art degree.

>hurr i got a degree that entitles me to a job
Fucking entitled cunts

Degrees don't get you a job, YOU get yourself a job. All a degree does is get you an interview.

It's not my fault that you spent 2 - 4 years being a whore and partying, while maintaing a 60 average, instead of building the skills you can develop in college to help you get a job and doing well.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>mfw didn't finish college yet in a job in my field
>mfw no student loans of any fucking kind
>mfw I bested all of my friends that just got out of school and stuck working pizza delivery and super market jobs with their Bachelors Degrees

lmao

my exgirlfriend whom I dumped actually did a masters degree in "communications" which turned out to be about half gender studies nonsense , and this is literally the kind thing her course probably writes with a straight face about the skills it teaches.

where did you first get this from?

What happens when you fucking apply for a fast food job

you fell for the STEM meme I'm afraid
No degree can guarantee you a job these days

or just live in a country riddled with nepotism and get some connections ;^)

>overdosed 200+ cancer patients with radiation

Every time I think of these situations I instantly think of Space Station 13.

Is internet security a good degree? It's nice and cheap

ABSOULTY AGREE. Except grades don't fucking matter as long you develop skills. The best thing I ever did was volunteer for tech jobs at uni and then intern for 4 years with DOD. Nobody gives a flying fuck about your grades if you have a modicum of experience doing something.

A good 5 months before graduation then my family became homeless and lazy and I had to sustain able bodied adults who became lazy all of a sudden and never really pulled themselves out. I suppose this is why I hate NEETs out of principle.

I should have done it before the difficulty was raised a few years ago, but I admit I'm not that smart and doubt I'd pass it on the first try. The $20k figure meant the cost of my community college over a projected 2 years, though it will over exceed that I'm sure given the extra years I will need to be in remedial classes. I'm thankful because I have no debt or anyone to rely on in desperate times.

I'm a regular in trump generals at night

It's an honest critique, but at $15/hr, this is the best possible employment I could get given my lack of accolades.

>THINK AGAIN.

Sounds like hosre shit to me. If they are so well educated how come they cant get my order right?

got a bachelors in bioengineering with zero debt. literally zero

can't get a job and it's demoralizing seeing many rejection emails

Me too. Want to be a pathologist assistant eventually

Can we stop with this "unemployable" meme just because you didn't get a degree that hands you a job right out of school?

There are many many many jobs in my city that simply require a degree of any sort in order to get promotions and raises. These jobs are high-paying and comfy. They aren't in the same field as your degree per se, but if you were expecting to get a job in the field of Roman Literature then maybe you weren't fit to getting a job in the first place.

Getting good grades is important. It shows dedication, prudent time management to juggle your course work, and that you tried your best.

Dude, hook up with one of the trade unions. Hell, go work for rotorooter. You'll kill what you're making now in no time.

Not so smart senpai.

utm.utoronto.ca/careers/careers-by-major-women-gender-studies

Grades only kinda matter for your first job. After that? Literally no one gives a shit.

>>Correct usage of grammar
>>Able to write clearly
>>Reading and analyzing a text
>>Perform a close reading of the text and provide an analysis of the passage
This is stuff you can do in middle school

They got useless degrees instead of stem

I don't know where you live, so it might not be an option, but there are big companies that offer immediate tuition assistance and insurance after a year.
If there's a UPS, Fedex, or Amazon facility near you, I'd look into it. Downside is that you have to start as part-time only.

> 400,000
> turns out they're all liberal arts and gender studies majors

You're thinking in terms of the individual, not society. Yes, one person can try harder and get into a better school. If everyone tries just as hard as that one, that only raises the standards. Our real problem, aside from government oversight demanding you pay them to do anything (arcade license is 35k in commiefornia), is that our education system teaches nothing practical.