Should've been Asian

You can't support this and also be against black Heimdall, black Lancelot and black Queen Margaret.

Unless you're a lying hypocrite.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=REhsVkNyUsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also black Roland from The Dark Tower.

Should've been Zoe Saldana, racist

The original character doesn't look Asian, therefore it shouldn't be played by one. Fuck off back to Sup Forums you dumb weeb.

>anime character looks white
>cast white woman

>literal norse god
>cast black man

Not even comparable

>anime character looks Asian
>cast jew

Fix'd.

Left pic looks white. Asians have slant eyes

>movie was going to be shit
>cast some small time asian actress
>her career is now ruined

wow truley no difference amazing white person confirmed :^)

>anime characters without squinty slant eyes
>asian

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

asians are not attractive tho not even asians would want to watch that. They all have that fat baby face with pug dog noses.

>white plays asian and black plays white
>west
Reeeee thats racism! It's white actor again!!!
>russia
Lol nigger again

Black Human Torch, Kingpin, Orphan Annie, Nutty Professor............

>jewish cunt instead of a jap QT

you'll never find someone defending this here

kek

>she looks like on the left in 1995
>blue eyes

why are you people so insecure?

>Asian cyborg has blue eyes
>she must be played by a disgusting jew piggu

Just admit you're a hypocrite.

She looks white so she should be played by a white woman, fuck off dumb weeb.

>scarlett jewhannson
>white

I actually think Scarjo looks like the Major and it wasn't a bad casting.

I also don't think she was the given the worst actor in the films.

Things such as the tone, deviation from original and writing was just as critical for it being meh.

>as if some nobody on Sup Forums decides who is cast in movies

If I was the one who decided these things then Heimdall would be white and this GITS bitch would be asian. Call me a hypocrite all you want

You do know Japanese value light skin; it doesn't mean they're white. Especially with a name like "Matoko Kusanagi."

The thing that pisses me off is every non-white and every white taliban-beard hipster leftist would be screaming and shitting themselves if anything but an Asian was white-washed; but since the Asians don't need hand-outs from the party it's ok to do them like this.

Most Anime characters looks white, deal with this weeb.
P.S. Here's Don Johnson incarnation supposed to be regular non-cyborg jap

>short and somewhat thickness as opposed to tall-and-skinny Motoko

>IT'S LIKE I'M LOOKING IN A MIRROR"

She's as wrong for Kusanagi as she was for Black Widow

But modern leftist Hollywood isn't about casting characters right; it's about "representation" and "role models" for those who are not of good proportions.

>t. lying hypocrite

>as opposed to tall-and-skinny Motoko
heh

you cherry picking some half asian mongol girl. Mongols actually ate meat and are a niche compared to rest of Asia. And a fucking swimmer lol. There are no fat swimmers they always have great bodies. He still has the pug nose you see. Asians look nothing like anime get over it.

>touched a nerve

Is not she a cyborg without race in the source material? I seen only one movie but if i remember right, except her brain she have no fucking human parts. Even has blue eyes, that is pretty rare for asians, right? good thread lmao

Also im pretty sure Heimdall was never described as black in norse mitology.

I don' even like ScarJo, they should have cast someone else, but not by all means asian. There was a picture few months ago in one of these shit threads, with a white actress and Motoko from front view, they were very similiar, it looked like the perfect cast to me, but i have no idea what was her name.

>Mongols are a niche compared to Mongloids

kek

SAC is shit though

the only good GitS are the movies and the original comic

First movie Motoko was white though, unless Asians have blue eyes now?

does this pic look like an asian to you op

Neither of those eyes are blue by any definition of the color.

Maybe get your own eyes checked.

t. blind cuck

t. blind cuck

Very much so.

yes I can, this movie was produced by the west and has western actors. the only way your comarison would work was if ghost in the shell was a japanese production paid for by japanese tax payers but also containing propaganda against japanese. BBC taxpayers pay for a white show produced from a white country that hires foreigners and contains prodpaganda (black lancelot). ghost in the shell was made by white people, paid for by white people and stars white people.

>that bottom pic

I'm fucking dying, it looks like a sitcom.

how long until this particular topic of shitpost gets old?

dude thats totally an asian male!

its going to be a issue as long as this, which never happened. youtube.com/watch?v=REhsVkNyUsE

Let's put it this way. I truly don't give a fuck.

Should have been someone that can actually act.

im against every 'racebend' or whatever word you wanna use

make a new character, dont make a black kid white, white kid black, asian robot white, etc etc

>Posts Asian with plastic surgeory and really weird European skull

OP is wrong.

Every choice made during the film's production was the right choice. Because those choices led to this film's failure and the anime medium will be abandoned as a new idea farm from Hollywood.

Hollywood is still smarting from the pain of this one and will never again approach anime.

ANIME IS SAVED

this

>2+ screenwriting credits, none of whom is director
Skip it. No vision, just focus groups.

Should've been a good actress for starters

>Muh scarlett is a good action hero meme

I'd fuck each and everyone of them

>tall-and-skinny Motoko
she's average japanese woman height, oshii just shoots her from dramatic angles. look at the scenes where shes standing next to batou

Look this outrage is stupid.

They marketed this film for the comic book/Marvel crowd as the next big thing, they aren't going to take a risk on a no-name Asian actor, because it won't get top-billing. They needed a recognizable name and face and someone who has been in a few action films for that crowd, and ScarJo hit all those criteria. It's not white-washing, its about money, stop trying to make this shit about race

She tested well with the focus groups, obviously. Cancerous short term investments. Needs a fucking boycott but kids still need a place to go to make out and parents need a place to babysit in silence.

you are now imagining what it would've beenn like if they'd cast sandra oh

Which obviously was a failure given how badly this movie performed.

The IP already has a fanbase that they should have focused on, which could have then generated positive word of mouth. Instead they threw away the weeb audience to go after normies by simplifying everything for mass appeal, and when normies didn't care they had nothing to fall back on.

Also the budget for this movie was inexcusable and they could have made something equally as effective for half the cost.

It's a failure because it chose style over substance. Drifted away from the source material and ended up being pretty bland and away from the source material

I'm glad this movie came out because it made me curious enough to check out the original and Innocence. I obviously won't bother watching this hollywood abomination now.

Well for starters, The character IS Asian, watch the movie.

Major is a fucking cyborg who frequently changes her appearance, and the character int he source material doesn't even look Asian because of that.

It was never going to be good with or without source material. It was a focus group approved by the numbers pitch perfect hollywood ideal film so of course it was complete shit.

It would've been a turd anyway because the script is a turd.

the heart of the issue right here

Look weebs and chinks, we're not the ones who decided that all of anime should revolve around the worship of superior whites, and that every single character from every single anime should be white. Get over it.

>this meme again

Lmao.

this will be compounded by the amateur tier director, too
>We couldn't let him have any creative control on his first big budget outing
>It flopped so it has to be the new guy's fault not our tried tested formula and executive salaries
and so they justify another capeshit/sequel/remake/reboot movie with a long term contract to a currently-hip-but-overrated director

>Anime characters look white

>cartoons look like people

I don't really care nor have I seen the film but Scarlett Johansson is shit tier old fart. She shouldn't be on any kind of action movie and probably had no understanding of the source. The execs would have thought "ahh this bitch make many dollar with the capeshit, dis could be new capeshit!"

Cartoons can look like people, though it really depends on where the cartoon is coming from.

I don't actually give a shit what race plays what roles

t. cuck or shitskin

Norse gods were portrayed as white because Vikings thought that only white people existed

If Norse gods actually existed, they lorded over a world where black people exist.

So theoretically their appearance if they were real would vary given that the humans they created/rule over also vary.

This isn't true to what the Norse thought because the Norse like most people thought the world was small and they were the only ones in it by the time their myth cycle matured.

This argument is retarded everytime

I don't see why. Anime characters never look asian. They don't really physically look like any race since they're cartoon characters drawn in a unique way. I've seen this debated before and I've yet to see someone explain how she looks asian in the cartoon.

Even if that was true Norse gods weren't depicted niggers in any capacity. No manner how many times you try to tip toe your way around that fact this isn't going to change.

>Norse gods were portrayed as white because Vikings thought that only white people existed
Is that why they periodically did trade with Arabs and Asians? Why aren't any Norse gods shown to be DuneCoons or Gooks then?

According to SJW logic Major should also be cast black.

That's because the Norse were all white. Why would they think, "oh you know that guy who guards the bridge to Asgard that we have never seen? What if he had fucking black skin? Wouldn't that be cool?"

"What? No. He's an Aesir, not a Dark Elf. Thor is an Aesir and he has white skin like us. All Aesir are white"

See? Not hard. Little bit of logic. Little bit of thinking it through

Because their myths about the gods came before they traded with the Arabs and chinks.

It grew out of the Indo-European myth cycle.

>nords are white
>therefore in their religions, all their deity figures are white

No fucking shit retard, that's what I'm saying.

The film failed because Scarlett Johanson is a terrible action star, the trailers told you nothing about the film and all you learn from the reviews was "MUH WHITEWASHING"

It resulted in no real interest in seeing it.

Thankfully at least this probably means we won't get a Black Widow film as I imagine Disney will look at the box office to this and realise they can't make her the star of their big blockbuster for that season.

I desperately want this bitch to die.

The Danegeld has been found in north Africa and Asia minor. Stop making shitty presumptions.
The real problem is people somehow believe the creators/writers of an american comic book ever needed to be accurate about characters they borrowed from Norse mythology. If anything it was a subtle fuck you to Germany from you know who.

He's not even a Norse God. He's an alien.
It's basically Marvel's ™ Norse mythology.

>Sup Forums doesn't find that attractive

gays and pedos the lot of you

Makoto is not Asian, she's an Asian brain inside a Caucasian cyborg body.

Yeah. And you think that if the Aesir were actually an immortal alien race that people just out of the fucking stone age are going to get every detail about them right?

>The original character doesn't look Asian

In any Japanese media, if you can't tell if the character is white or asian, chances are they're probably asian. People tend to overlook that Japanese culture is one of the most xenophobic on the planet. So if it's ambiguous and not at all directly stated or implied, their asian is always the safest bet.

Hollywood needs to just start taking the theatre approach to movies now.
It simply does not matter. It is all pretend.

>I desperately want this bitch to die.

I thought that was a dude.

So if you cast an Asian actress she won't look like the character in the show. I say cast someone whose face closest resembles her.

When? Before or after they already believed that the Aesir were white

Biologically I'm pretty sure it's a woman, but it's probably one of those things that can't decide what it is.

Well yes, because it's not hard. Marvel did what they did for diversity's sake, it wasn't an accident.

Like if someone makes a movie about King Arthur, I don't expect him to be played by anyone other than a white male.

The same goes for if someone made a bout about Some Middle Eastern fairy tale or mythology, I wouldn't expect the being in question to be anything other than some kind of Arab.

Stop marketing your movie as reverse social war.

the plot was as bland like diarrea.

>its a anmiu film it should star an asian.

you guys are racist assholes