Current research is discovering that individuals suffering from social isolation can employ television to create what...

>Current research is discovering that individuals suffering from social isolation can employ television to create what is termed a parasocial or faux relationship with characters from their favorite television shows and movies as a way of deflecting feelings of loneliness and social deprivation.[1] Just as an individual would spend time with a real person sharing opinions and thoughts, pseudo-relationships are formed with TV characters by becoming personally invested in their lives as if they were a close friend[1] so that the individual can satiate the human desire to form meaningful relationships

Other urls found in this thread:

healthland.time.com/2012/10/18/how-teen-rejection-can-lead-to-chronic-disease-later-in-life/
pnas.org/content/early/2011/03/22/1102693108.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use Sup Forums for that

So what can be done about this? Me and my gf are co-dependant and just stay at home most of the time.

>Current research is discovering that individuals suffering from social isolation can employ Sup Forums to create what is termed a parasocial or faux relationship with other anonymous posters as a way of deflecting feelings of loneliness and social deprivation.[1] Just as an individual would spend time with a real person sharing opinions and thoughts, pseudo-relationships are formed with what they affectionately dub "Anons" by talking and discussing topics with them as if they were a close friend[1] so that the individual can satiate the human desire to form meaningful relationships without ever having to leave the bedroom.

Interesting. I wonder what my friend Becker would think of this.

not bad

Why do you need to post that here, what made you think that this information was somewhat relevant, what made you think that we are interested in reading this shit.

delet this fucking post

>Current research is discovering that individuals suffering from social isolation can employ television to create what is termed a parasocial or faux relationship with characters from their favorite television shows and movies as a way of deflecting feelings of loneliness and social deprivation.[1] Just as an individual would spend time with a real person sharing opinions and thoughts, pseudo-relationships are formed with TV characters by becoming personally invested in their lives as if they were a close friend[1] so that the individual can satiate the human desire to form meaningful relationships

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: the post

That's probably why i fall in love with actress and characters all the time. It's time to get the rope.

healthland.time.com/2012/10/18/how-teen-rejection-can-lead-to-chronic-disease-later-in-life/
pnas.org/content/early/2011/03/22/1102693108.abstract

>formed with TV characters by becoming personally invested in their lives
Well I'm not that far gone yet

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE: the post
So what, I never had friends, I'm lonely shy and introverted, I use Sup Forums to fight my loneliness, is that a crime, is tat in any way a reason to belittle me?

Calm down, dude. It's not a big deal

You are not OP

lucky bastard fucked the both of them, you can see it

>TV characters by becoming personally invested in their lives as if they were a close friend
Well...............no shit!

Maybe cameron but not his mother

Personally invested willing to do anything for that person.

No fucking shit, why do you think the E-Celeb boom/streaming boom happened

She wanted dat dick

Cameron: I might some day. I need to show you something. This body. (Cameron takes off her shirt and bra, and lies down on the bed) Get on top of me. Put your knee here. (John gets on top of Cameron. Cameron pulls out a knife and gives it to John) Right here. If I'm damaged, we should know. (John cuts into Cameron's skin) Reach down, under the breast plate. There. What does it feel like?
John: Cold. That's good, right?
Cameron: That's good. That's perfect. John...it's time to go.

That is the closest they got

>There are Internet forums [5][6][7] dedicated as echo chambers where such individuals may exchange pictures and stories about the character they obsess about. In their forum slang those imaginary characters serving as relationship placeholders are known as 'waifus'[8], which is a bastardization of the term 'wife'[9]. There are posts dedicated to announcements of newly formed pseud-relationships between real and imaginary characters, usually the posters and their 'waifus'. Such 'waifus' are said to be 'claimed'[10]. This shows the depths of their obsession, when even a purely imaginary realtionship is described in possesive terms.

You put a lot of effort into this post, you must be very proud

It's the reason why I repeatedly watch the same shows on Netflix and listen to podcasts all the time.

This!

ha-ha, time for Sup Forums!

satire

i made a typo, which ruined my arousal

haha

Why is she so perfect and when is she coming back?

I figure it's just self-loathing introverts unironically cucking themselves reposting this and making each other feel bad. Don't engage, user. You're allowed to respect yourself.

I definitely use movies and tv to satisfy my cravings for social interaction, but I don't create relationships with characters.

>first link
God, this explains many things. I've always suspected as much, growing up, but didn't think it was backed up by research.

As a consequence of not being socially popular, I learned to mask pain and loneliness through humor, which people appreciate. It didn't really help to elevate my social status though, and I was always "that guy". It hurts, man.

>meaningful relationships
Implying this is possible in 2017

>no having a meaningful relationship with your waifu