Get Out

It was... ok?

It was a decent enough horror but retelling the Stepford Wives and making it about race instead doesn't make a masterpiece like all the reviews are saying.

It's really not for white guys. I don't mean this in a bad way at all, it's just something you're not going to get if you haven't experience certain things in your life.

It's just like how I don't get, and I think I never will get, something like It's a Wonderful Life or The Sound of Music. I understand the emotions they're trying to convey, but they don't resonate with me at all because I'm not white, and I've never had a life like that.

There's lots of stuff in there if you're white as well.

My heart sank at the very end when the car showed up, that's probably the closest i'll get to being a black American but it totally worked.

sounds like something a dumb nigger would say

are you actually incapable of understanding things you haven't personally experienced?

is the negro "brain" really that inept and feeble?

>I don't mean this in a bad way at all, it's just something you're not going to get if you haven't experience certain things in your life.

You mean being a surly, embittered minority that thinks every white person is out to fuck him over, except some are just more honest about it than others?

Most of the people reviewing and raving about it were white.

It's not exactly subtle, it goes through a checklist of forms of unconscious/accidental racism. Again, it's just stepford wives exchanging with race with sex.

>It's a Wonderful Life
>The Sound of Music
Too heady for you, huh?

hes right but i think in the wrong way. this movie was made for a theatre full of black people not for someone torrenting it and watching it. i can imagine the howling and hollering and clapping when he starts beating up the white people and the hysterical laughing when he said "this bitch is fucking crazy." it was made for a black audience not someone that watches it alone

t. have seen movies in a movie theatre with loud black people not black though. sometimes its funny sometimes its just obnoxious and annoying

legend has it that James Holmes was really just a diehard Batman fan and the theater was full of loud black people so he snapped and unloaded on them

I saw it a mixed theater and a black theater and both crowds reacted the same.

what i meant to say is its meant to be comical more than serious or scary. its for an audience to have fun

It had blavity & blaxxiousness

Ok wait now would be a good time to talk about my experience seeing Get Out. I was in NYC at the time, and the theater was pretty filled up. I'd say there were probably 6 other white people there. I didn't pay much attention to that UNTIL at one point in the movie this one white guy in the front row gets up and he has this huge fucking backpack and he walks over to the side of the theater like in that corridor part that you enter and exit through and I can just barely see him kneeling down and I hear him unzipping the bag and let me tell you it was the absolute most terrifying moment of my life like what else could've been happening besides some white kid who's real mad cuz black people talk about racism and he just wants to shoot them up like dylan roof. Like he had a huge bag and everything I could think of no alternatives to why he would be doing that besides if he was about to shoot up the theater. I was watching him for a while literally waiting for the gun to show up so I could yell run or duck or something but he just ended up leaving I think. But yeah it was terrifying. Good movie tho. I got back into it about 5 minutes after I was sure he had left

Thank god I'm not American and I don't have to deal with this shit

wew good think i dont go out

>tfw TSA will never be your friend

I thought it was extremely poor as social commentary and perfectly mediocre as a horror.

I'd appreciate it if you could make an effort and articulate your feels there.

If someone asks, I'm just going to say I haven't seen it. Make my life much simpler in the future.

I didn't get the social commentary though, what was it supposed to be

I feel like this is just another Crash. A mediocre PSA coming out at a racially volatile time that people love for a few months until they realize it's ridiculous.

>the TSA gets shit done

how much did they pay for this?!

I'm trying to stay away from politically charged buzzwords, but a significant part was literally about 'micro-aggressions'. To put it in a less laughable way, it was about negotiating the black american identity with the expectations of other identity groups and interacting with said expectations. I felt it lacked self-awareness in a very self-indulgent way though. Which is surprising, since I thought of Jordan Peele as anything but self indulgent.

I walked out of the theatre not having enriched my understanding of race relations and certainly not having understood the identity related grievances of postmodern activist groups. If anything, it made me feel like their understanding of interracial relations is flawed and has the potential of not helping their plight.. Might have been a comprehension failure on my part, which is why I kindly asked to make an effort and articulate his thoughts on the movie

It's Lovecraft for mulatos.

just finished it. it was fucking excellent.

Why is all this progressive social justice anti white shit done by people who are never even fully black?

Spike lee

stop saying that. that's what postmodern activist are saying too. you're racist for not accepting ghetto identities, jordan peele doesn't count as black, because he's acting white. can you stop it with this nonsense please.

The people saying this is good is a fucking meme. Simple as that.

Saying this is good satisfys the need to feel special. Literally every person who has said this is good I personally know has the worst taste in movies.

I liked it

Because you'd be so much more open to their ideas if they were fully black. Right.

>"Chris, its me, the guy who is gonna get your brain... I have to explain the plot to the audience right now or the procedure won't work properly or something..."

probably because they're more used to living in between worlds -- you are exposed to deeper, more nuanced levels of racism if you spend a significant amount time around white people (and obviously also deal with hate from within your own group for not being "black" enough)

it was the big reveal you idiot

Surely everyone had worked it out by the point they shoe horned in that clumsy exposition?

I clocked the grandmother/grandfather being the helpers as soon as the dad weirdly said "we couldn't bare to let them go" about 10 minutes in

It wasn't exactly subtle

>tfw too dumb to get it right away

Of course white people proving my point.

The movie takes micro aggressions that white people make towards non-whites and puts a horror twist to it.

>I know tiger!
>black is back!
>is it really better?

If you were non-white you would hear this type of crap from white people in social settings.

>make a movie where every single white liberal ends up being an evil oppressor of black people who gets brutally murdered
>white liberals fawn over your movie and say the message is brilliant
Can anyone explain their though process to me? It honestly seems like the more you hate them, the more they acquiesce to everything you say.

well, that's precisely what I covered in my post.

I don't see how this redeems the film's quality. I wasn't disagreeing with the existence of the micro aggressions (still can't utter that phrase without activating my gag reflex), I was mereley saying that it's an obvious observation and the film deals with it devoid of nuance and novelty. It doesn't bring anything new to the table, nor does it add any experiential insight to the point.

I guess it kind of brings awareness of it to non-black people. I think that's what the point of it was like to show how uncomfortable microagressions are for black people and what they are because a lot of people just don't know about that

lol @ this nigga trolling with sounds of music and shit. good god. what has happened in america

>Get out... GET OUT!

What did he mean by that?

oh, okay. that's fine; my whole issue was with the film's overly applauded reception. it's just a perfectly mediocre film was all I was saying.

Niggerfaggot

The ending is what turned this movie from a 70% to a 30%.

You can clearly tell they only ended it like that because idiot American audiences want to see their protags live rather than die, but under any circumstance he should have died. Plus, the cheap twist of "oh he made it out alive because he used cotton to cover his ears!" was shitty and forced. If he had put the cotton in his ears, then why did he react so wildly to the last attempt to hypnotize him? I'll tell you why, because cheap hero twist.

He took out the cotton immediately dude, did you not see it? He wanted his sense of hearing back to fight them.

And the original ending was a cop showing up and killing him. But they didn't want it to upsetting and alleviate too much to BLM.

Why the fuck does is this movie so high on Rotten Tomatoes?

>watching this movie with the annoying Korean subs
that sucks

a lot of it was just white people acting dumb around black people
oh you like golf well you must like tiger woods hahaha fuckin ay

The only thing I didn't like was how he became the terminator when he got stabbed in the hand.
He stops a knife by catching it through his palm with little to no reaction than gains control and kills her with the knife sticking through his hand.

Is the whole movie an hour and a half long shot of this pic or did the producers just not order any other stills

shills pls go

what a coincidence

What a disappointing body.

It makes a great argument for white genocide and why white "people" should be wiped off the face of the earth.

Obvious bait but you probably believe it, that isn't what this movie is about

good for horror, as soon as its applied to social commentary ( which inevitably occurs) is when problems occur and its too much

>Negro is shown to be superior, so much that all white people want to become one
>The only thing that would remain of white people if they were to succeed in their plan would be their minds
>But the black protagonist ends up outsmarting the whites and defeating all of them all single-handedly, proving that the black man is both physically and mentally superior
Tell me again why white people should continue to exist?

If you hate white people so much why dont you stop using their inventions and living in their civilised cities?

Because most half-blacks have a complex about proving how black they are

I...I just hate niggers so damn much, it sucks that I can't enjoy shit like this anymore.

>actually responding seriously to that
you know he might be right, white people really are idiots

Isn't that a picture from Moonlight? What is going on?

Stop posting that fucking photo

Wow, the nigger brain can't feel for others or understand emotion. Surprise?!

>Can't relate to It's a Wonderful Life or Sound of Music

Because they're about families with the father still around?

Honestly the most offended by the subtle racist comments was the white girlfriend getting offended on behalf of her BF. Like im black and I saw no problem with the cop asking for Id or most of what the white people were saying. At the end its even less racist when you understand that what they were saying had a completely different meaning. The white lady touching his muscles and asking if sex was really better and the fat guy saying that black is in fashion had an actual purpose, they were just asking about a product they were thinking of buying. I dont think the movie was really about racism or race at all. In the end it all makes sense.

He was supposed to get arrested by real cops in the original ending.

you just want to be offended for the sake of it. They werent targeting blacks because of racism, they just wanted to try something new. So its not an evil racist white family, just an evil family.

>microaggressions

Holy fuck, actually kill yourself reddit

Adrenaline bro.

racism was used to cover the twist. nothing more. at first you just think they are being racist, but it was not at all.

>are you actually incapable of understanding things you haven't personally experienced?

this seems to be the case with alt-righters who deny that racism is still alive and well

Must suck having such a victim complex.

he was pretending just in case they were watching him on cam you idiot. They seem to know when he wakes up every time because they immediately play the tv so he knew they must have been watching him.

Anyone else watched this one?

Racism is alive and well within the minds of the victim fetishists

he ment to get the fuck out lol