Just finished watching, what did I think of it?

Just finished watching, what did I think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wtf i want to #killallwhitepeople now

HIDDEN AND SAGED

>

It was meant to point out genteel, liberal racism and produced during a time when it looked like fighting genteel racism was a good idea given that old school overt racism happened. Then the election happened and upper-middle and upper class blacks realized that genteel racists were still better than the sperging alt-right hordes.

You find out who Jordan Peele is married to and watch the pieces fall into place.

>“For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

Honest question: Is there any state of existing around black people that they don't perceive as racism?

The only good Horror-Comedykino ever made. Prove me wrong?

Yes, if you are accepted by and accept them in turn on an individual basis they recognize it. If you try to ape that they can almost always see past the veneer of civility. Particularly if you're some sort of aspie who brings up race in conversations with nothing to do with race.

Just read your post. What did I think of it?

Yeah, but that seems pretty risky. Literally, liberals go out of their way to be the nicest people in the world to black people, and they still made this movie about how white liberals are evil racists. And the same people who this movie is allegedly criticizing, white liberals, are the ones fawning over the movie's social commentary.

It's like the more you tell them how evil and oppressive they are, the more they believe it and the more pathetic they become.

>and they still made this movie about how white liberals are evil racists
Why are you talking about a movie you've never watched?

No they fucking don't. White liberals merely play at viewing blacks as equals as a means of social posturing.

>pretty risky

Only if you view blacks as inherently dangerous, and since your comment suggests that you do then you shouldn't try because they'd see through you.

Slither

Well, they are. They commit half the murders in the US while being 13% of the population.

Anyways, we're in a thread about a movie that paints white people as inherently dangerous. Seems like reciprocation is fair play.

What part of my statement are you disagreeing with? Because Jordan Peele agrees with every word of it himself. See

>niggerfaggot movie

It's bullshit

>muh Sup Forums statistics

Your next trick is posting images or links to information that says the same thing. When told that this doesn't account for other factors such as poverty, gender, and various socio-economic factors you will pull out sketchier numbers from a less credible source. When told that correlation doesn't equal causation and that there are still unaccounted for variables you will say something about genetics. When you are told that the genetic factors for skin color and intelligence have nothing to do with one another you will loudly deny it and pull out some more statistics that don't address the argument. When it is pointed out that you did not address the statement because a college level understanding of inheritance is beyond you then you will flat out refuse to believe it and loudly proclaim victory.

Everyone tires of Sup Forums because every encounter with you is like one with a windup toy where eventually you claim victory even though you are merely out of your depth and don't realize it.

Essentially: nothing will satisfy you.

Blacks commit the majority of crime but it's never their fault and they need to be babied by whites.

My wife loved it

>What part of my statement are you disagreeing with?
The part where you pretend you've watched the film.

>b-but muh interview

Have you watched the film?

But when whites do baby them, they're still evil oppressors who probably deserve death. Hence, why the movie 'Get Out' is a thing.

Sup Forums BTFO.

>that desperate need to proclaim a win for the internet aryans

I'd almost say that you deserve the perpetual oppression of the upper class masters who are invisible to you.

I haven't said anything about what the causes for blacks being more violent are. I don't know, and I don't pretend to know. I only know that they are.

If that upsets you, well, get back to me when they stop being disproportionately violent.

you know when you try to show your friends a movie that you really like and they obviously don't, but try to be nice about it, but the entire time they're talking you know everything they say is bullshit?

Yea, same shit

>I don't know, and I don't pretend to know.
It shows.

>push 'kill whitey' identity politics
>claim the political highground and to actually care about fighting the 1%
Yeah, nah, go fuck yourself.

political horror comedy that wasn't politically interesting, horrifying, or humorous

no thanks

Anyone else feel like the TSA guy was supposed to be Hannibal Buress but he didn't want to do it so they found a lookalike with a similar disposition?

>Nazis talk like they're wannabe Strasserists to Commies

agree with your verdict there. cheap social commentary, extremely self-indulgent, direction had the flaws of anyone's first film.

the humour surprised me though. I genuinely think Jordan Peele is a wonderful comedic thinker, but this film's humour certainly isn't evidence of that.

painfully mediocre/10

what did her boyfriend think of it?

>someone on the internet doesn't like my 'kill whitey' movie
>he must be a Nazi

I thought it was really good. I don't really get why anyone would be mad about this movie. The brother character was terrifying in a really honest way. It was well-produced, acted, and satisfying, albeit predictable.

>I don't really get why anyone would be mad about this movie.
All you have to do is read what the director said about it. He claims to be a black millionaire living in Hollywood and suffering under the yoke of racism he experiences daily.

His examples of that victimhood are peppered in this movie. Saying you'd vote for Obama for a third term. Saying you know Tiger Woods. Having people being a little too awkwardly nice around you is triggering as fuck, apparently.

I don't think you really understand this movie or what the director was saying. And anyway being rich doesn't make you immune to constant othering

Sure it doesn't. But why should I care about the alleged othering of a fucking millionaire who's the darling of critics when the average white person is living a shittier life by every objective measurement?

Racism ceases to matter as a social problem when it becomes about your yuppie neighbors being awkward around you.

Adding to this guy, look up fritz the cat if you need a good example. Honestly this kind of racism isnt so much life threatening as the other kind, but it is probably really annoying to have people fall over each other to prove how much they love black people that it becomes a weird fetish thing. I always laugh when i see those photos of white girls essentially saying fuck whitey and kissing blacks because it comes off as fetishizing. P sure blax just wanna be treated like anybody else, not special

The neighbors being awkward was the humor side of the movie. I think the race statement it was trying to make was about the perceived disposability of the black body by white America

>But why should I care
Nobody's saying you have to care.

>Racism ceases to matter as a social problem when it becomes about your yuppie neighbors being awkward around you.
Really? Because you strike me as the sort of person who'd claim white liberals are the real racists for being awkward around black people.

Anyway, have you watched the film yet? Or you still talking about shit you know nothing about?

>perceived disposability of the black body by white America
expand on this please

The main twist was that the entire benevolent racism weirdness was all about an old white dude's penis envy

That was kind of bullshit, movie could have been deep

>Slavery
>Disproportionately high incarceration rates to white Americans let off or slapped on the wrist for the same felonies and misdemeanors ----> Prison labor
>Disproportionately high homelessness rates
>Slavery like work conditions in many regions from racially rooted class inequality
>Police brutality and racial profiling by law enforcement and other authority figures

I rather chill with a outspoken racist than a white "liberal" like the people in this movie.

>Because you strike me as the sort of person who'd claim white liberals are the real racists for being awkward around black people.
Liberals clearly aren't racists, they just do everything in their power to try and appease black people and it seems to never work. All I can think when I see a movie about how horrible it is that white people have the gall to say they'd vote for Obama again is one more reason to not even give a fuck about trying to do this dance, because there is no way to do it right.

Thanks for proving me right.

Just like how Get Out proved me right. Black people hate white people, no matter what. So just accept and be comfortable with it, you'll be happier.

There have been plenty of killings of black people at the hands of police. Regardless of if these black people were guilty of some crime, people really shouldn't be killed by police. And it turned out that in most of those cases the police officers' lives were not threatened. There is a lack of sympathy, outrage, and desire for change among white people when things like this happen.

What happens when this continually only goes one way?

Answer: The reaction you are seeing today.

First, the idea was to judge people individually and by the content of their character. Essentially, white societies and only white societies were experimenting with racial equality rather than dominance. Those societies said in a general sense, "We have racial dominance and are going to allow ourselves to relinquish that dominance in order to live a more individualist, accepting lifestyle."

But that wasn't enough because there were still some people that were racists. And that number dwindled as we attacked it harder. At the same time, white numbers shrank and "racism", only the white kind, became labeled as the cause for more and more problems, so we attack it even harder.

If you ignore the reality of race and evolution, you come to the conclusion that there is no cause left for sub-par general racial performance than oppression by generalized races doing better. It isn't true, but it doesn't matter.

Skin color isn't linked to IQ, right? Well, no of course it isn't. Skin color is linked to populations who evolved in completely different environments than other, differently colored populations, bred by those different environments to progress or stagnate in different areas. Different populations will evolve differently. It really isn't that hard to grasp and unless you are a pure creationist, there is no argument against it.

It would be insane to expect the mental capacity of any general group of animal living in completely different climates and terrain with different flora/fauna to remain exactly the same all over the globe. You can't deny physical differences in characteristics. They exist in skin, bone structure, facial features, muscle tissue etc. It's empirical truth. Regardless of IQ stats, do you really expect that evolution to stop at the neck?

I think thats what most of them want tbqh senpai, just dont do the dance at all

Its pretty obvious when someone is being fake anyway, you are better off just not even bringing up weird race shit. Now if you loved obamas policies thats another story, but most self respecting black people see that shit as sucking up

When a black person is murdered by the police, it gets national news coverage. When a white person is murdered by the police, it doesn't get a fucking peep.

name 3 movies where this happens

>Just like how Get Out proved me right.
Oh, that's just because you haven't watched it. But I don't expect morons to actually know the things they're complaining about.

>When a white person is murdered by the police, it doesn't get a fucking peep.
You're right, not even from white supremacists. They're too busy attracting kids to their ideologies with stupid memes.

This happened right around the same time as the Mike Brown incident. The officers responsible walked free, and not a fucking soul in the media made a fuss about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=6tpAZObNZfI

thank you for your response. your last four points are real, but drawing a single causal line to racism is disingenuous. the causal links are complex and intra-racial issues are just as big a problem if not bigger than inter-racial ones.

do you see an identity-oriented solution for the problem in black communities?

thank you for your response as well. there are instances in which lethal force is justified. this is far from the case in America, but I see this as a management issue, rather than a racial one. I'm not claiming racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying it's not an institutional issue.
>There is a lack of sympathy, outrage, and desire for change among white people when things like this happen.
This is obviously not true.

What should white people do in your view?

>user points out the irony in portraying civilized white people as the villains in a world where blacks account for extraordinarily disproportionate crime rates
>"no, you're just a wayciss Sup Forumstard"

I'm not even """"Sup Forums"""" (most of those morons should be gassed), but you're obviously one of the sanctimonious cunts who actually create MORE Sup Forumstards.

what if he is Sup Forums?

remember, goy, being nice to them is racist too!

We did, the Sup Forums bootlickers wouldn't admit the police handled things the wrong way.

Then OP isn't helping matters

if you forget about muh race for two seconds and stop being a drooling fuckhead, it's a decent 6.5/10 flick

>We did
Who's 'we'? I'm talking about the media response to black vs. white deaths at the hands of the police, specifically. The media didn't give a fuck about James Boyd, while the media covered Mike Brown for months straight. That's the relevant issue here.

Turns out Obama voters are the biggest racists of all

rmyt

There are also things like fear of the black body to take into account, which makes it a racial issue.
>This is obviously not true.
White people have the power to create effective institutional change, but aren't doing it. There has to be a lack of sympathy or outrage or desire for change, otherwise something would be done.

It's like how there is a lack of outrage at gun violence. Just because you hear about innocent people being murdered by psychos on the news doesn't mean there is an adequate desire for change to stop innocent people from being murdered in public

They don't even bootlick real authority figures from the modern day not counting some politicians who made some wizard of oz appeals to them before getting elected, just dead dictators and a few conspiracy youtubers

>Who's 'we'?
People in the threads when the incident happened?

Don't be such a triggered bitch. White supremacists/nationalists rarely mention these guys, I had to find out about a white kid who got shot by the police while reading about a black guy who got shot by the police.

And you know what? The white kid had weed in his backpack.

By "OP", I meant the bleeding-heart who typed a diatribe about racism

>White people have the power to create effective institutional change, but aren't doing it.
White people literally voted a black man into the presidency for two terms straight. That's as severe an institutional change as the average white person could ever hope to affect.

gotcha

It's got too typical of a horror movie climax with a bullshit deus ex machina ending

>fear of the black body
It's called logic, dumbfuck.
>fear of the black body
I shudder to think this nonsense is actually being taught at Universities.

He wasn't descended from African slaves

His dad was a middle class immigrant and his mom was a white yuppie

I'm talking about a media response that can be documented, not fucking hearsay about some thread I was in on Sup Forums a couple years ago. If you want to talk about irrelevant personal shit like I'm supposed to care, then, well, I don't.

this is bait. I refuse to think any sane opponent would see 'he's not a real blackman' as a valid counter-argument

Please examine your "logic", I think you'll find it fallacious

>I'm talking about a media response that can be documented
I don't understand why the same people who complain about the media still want to be portrayed by said media.

I just told you the closest thing to a white ally you have in this world cares more about turning kids into propaganda machines than responding to unarmed shootings of white people and you're complaining about the media.

So, if you owned a shop, and blacks were 5 times as likely to rob it, you wouldn't keep an extra eye on the nogs?

Black immigrant descendants and black slave descendants are both black, but an immigrant descendant and a slave descendant are going to have different perspective and experience on race, period

Well, considering that black bodies are statistically the most likely to be violent, if you're going to be afraid of any color of body that would be the most logical one to fear.

It's certainly more logical than all the fear of whiteness that permeates Get Out.

I see why Trump won. If I was a lesser man, I'd lose my shit at statements like yours.

You're right, their perspectives are different, but retrace your conversation in this thread to the beginning and see the context in which you chose to use this distinction.

Yeah. See you used the word "aping". That's a microagression, you white monster.

Fuck niggers and fuck nigger enablers.

Exactly. You're changing the topic to something utterly irrelevant when I was talking about media to begin with.

this is literally and unironically guilt by association logical fallacy

So is white privilege, but that's treated seriously by people like Jordan Peele, so why the fuck should I care?

>You're changing the topic to something utterly irrelevant
That's because your topic isn't really interesting. Like I said, I don't know why you fags want to be on the television so much when not even the average white supremacist gives a shit about unarmed white people shot by the police. Your priorities are fucking bonkers.

>girl with 0 ass
>attracts black men

shitty writing

>So is white privilege
You consider that a valid concept? As in, it has merit to it? Otherwise why bring it up? So you can have a nice strawman to refer to?

>why the fuck should I care?
Yeah, your incessant posting is you not caring.

I don't know, I'm operating under the condition that society should be more or less equal and I guess I never thought that maybe I should consult the Grand Wizard on how to get there. Thanks Jamal!

The point is that guilt by association is socially accepted among the privileged in society when it's directed at whites, hence my bringing up white privilege. So I don't see any reason why I have to care when I direct it at blacks.

>I'm operating under the condition that society should be more or less equal
Then why are you more concerned about white people shot by the police as opposed to just people shot by the police?

Them priorities.

Half black, half white here, thought it was pretty good and really hit home for me.

Long story short, something far less intense but very similar happened to me in college,
only the Tennessean white girl I was with lied about her age and the father threatened to call the authorities unless I fucked his wife/her mother on camera, and he had two separate videos of other black (blackER) men fucking her.
I shit you not

This is literally and unironically why people have a hard time taking liberals seriously these days.

Did I suggest that all blacks were criminals? No, I'm merely pointing out the fact that if human beings have bad experiences with a particular race/animal/whatever, it would stand to reason that those human beings would be a little more wary of those races/animals/whatever.

>socially accepted among the privileged in society when it's directed at whites
That's your excuse? "They're doing it so I'm doing it as well"? Here I thought you had a point to prove.

KYS

Watching it now, just started. Have a feeling it's just the Stepford Wives with black people being turned into servants instead. Hopefully there is a better twist than that.