Why did Kubrick consider this his greatest film?

Why did Kubrick consider this his greatest film?

it was the biggest since the silent era

Because prime Kidman

Artists like Kubrick tend to believe their latest attempt is their best.

It was amazing, but "best" is way too relative for geniuses.

It was a story Kubrick could only tell at the expense of his life.

This.

Literally every time an artist releases something, he says that it's better than everything he did before. It's a marketing thing, Kubrick just happened to die soon after.

Marketing hype.

He didn't, faggot.

Is it worth the watch?

Yes but lower your expectations.

Part of the reason EWS is not well liked is that there was a huge amount of hype and mystery box shit, leading to everyone and their mother (especially after the trailer with naked Nicole Kidman in it) expecting it to be Kubrick's take on the erotic thriller.

What they got instead was a rather soulless film with an orgy that was overhyped, characters that were unlikable, and basically a plot where Tom Cruise almost fucks a bunch of women only to have something stop him and then finding out that he would have gotten AIDS, caught by the woman's spouse, killed or blackmailed by a dad-pimp if he had.

Also vague references to Illuminati sex parties.

this, basically

When Leelee Sobieski tells Dr. Hartford he should wear a cloak lined with ermine, it simultaneously symbolizes nobility and his own imposed chastity. Is Harford a Napoleonic figure? Kubrick's script for Napoleon also understated the amount of sex Bonaparte was having, whereas Philip Mackie's BBC drama emphasized it.

Because it is
Of course it is. It's Kubrick

>Yes but lower your expectations.
What?
The ratings are abysmal.

But I think it is Kubrick's best movie.
Or rather, it's my favorite. I can see why people would call 2001 better.
EWS has an atmosphere that is unmatched by any other movie out there.

Why didn't Cruise realize that there was no password for the house?

The jazz man was never given one and they didn't ask for one when he entered.

I thought he hated it?Or the final cut at least.

This.

>EWS has an atmosphere that is unmatched by any other movie out there
The huge sets they used for most of the exterior scenes makes everything feel slightly off like a dream

Reminder that ((they)) cut 30 minutes from the final cut of the film

Cruise came alone, what's your point?

I honestly didn't love it. A lot of the allegorical stuff about sex and relationships was just stuff I heard on Loveline. Obviously it was beautiful but Cruise and Kidman can't hold a candle to the actors in all of the other Kubrick movies.

He also died of natural causes after the release. Really makes you think.

>((they))

Kubrick was trying to portrait human nature in all his movies, but only Eyes Wide Shut does it in such a natural way. The other movies, great with their own merits, portraits too extreme characters.

That being said, I don't like to compare movies from different genres. Makes no sense.

every Kubrick movie is about resisting the power structure of society

It's a shame they cut the pizza parlor scene.

>pizza parlor
what?

>age 32
>hit the wall
>no kids
>manlet impotent husband
>awful austrailian face
>no tits
>first scene shows her flat white ass

Could a woman BE more JUST?

She also took the Bog pill recently

Kubrick finally nailed realism through his stye. His previous stuff all took place in fairly elevated realities with characters who were more ciphers than anything, ranging from grotesque funhouse mirrors of society like Clockwork Orange and Fullmetal Jacket, to isolated environments like The Shining and 2001 which allow for characters to face supernatural manifestations of existential dread. EWS was basically the first time the focus of his film was directly on a human relationship.

shut up faggot

It's shame that kubrick fucking died after this. I feel like the true age of kubrick kino would have started after this

Because it is.

>Why did Kubrick consider this his greatest film?

because it's his most personal yet most universally-applicable film

>What they got instead was a rather soulless film
>soulless
How was it soulless?
>unlikable characters
Characters don't have to be likable in order to be well written.
>a plot where Tom Cruise almost fucks a bunch of women
Wrong.
>Also vague references to Illuminati sex parties
Wrong.

anyone who doesn't think this film is about kikes is an ignoramus.

with this film Stan is playing a trick on everyone, making you think this is a romantic thriller. underneath it's one the most terrifying films ever made.

any critic would most certainly shy away from "Illuminati" talk, and he knew it.

>Cruise came alone
like you, every night

And yet Kubrick was a kike.

>is quoted as saying "Hiter was right, about almost anything"
>dies 666 days before 9/11
>filmed at Rothschild Mansion

4 Hour version would never be released.

who do you talk to to learn about the dangers of alcohol?

someone who's never drunk alcohol, or an alcoholic?

>le kubrick is soulless meme

kek, the truth is what we have is a rough cut with an extra 20 minutes that Kubrick would have cut. That's why it's shit.

the kidman pissing scene.

and he faked the moon landing.