Passengers

This was pretty good. Anyone want to talk about it?

What do you think people would say about it if Lawrence and Pratt's roles were flipped?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ntf00HkGktE
youtube.com/watch?v=Gksxu-yeWcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why were they woken up?

chris pratts enourmously gorgeous pale moonlit ass was probably my favorite scene in the whole film
id watch 120 minutes of chris pratts pale moonlit ass if i could

If Lawrence and Pratt's roles were reversed the movie would have over 90% on RT and the Tumblr-tier critics on there would be praising its courageous exploration of female sexuality

Assengers

you realize it would make the movie about a strong, independent, intelligent woman falling for a meathead and essentially committing suicide for him?

>see hot female in hibernation chamber
>wake her up
>force her to fall in love with you

if the main male character were ugly, he would have come across as a creepy sociopath

If their roles were switched, Lawrence would be the mechanic who walks around the ship naked and unshaven, and Pratt would be the journalist who goes for an angry swim in tastefully revealing undergarments.

uh, no, that would be swapping the genders of the characters, not the character's roles.

Saw a YT vid of this guy the re-edited the movie and cut out all the start so its not following from Chris's pov and the first shot is Jenn waking up n then bumping into him, worked really well because he was always creepily standing off side to here acting really fuckin weird, and ofc you dont know why or who this guy is etc

I actually liked it and could call it a decent 7-8/10 movie. I was pissed that they advertised it as something completely different than what it actually was though. I also think they should've had the balls to kill off Chris Pratt at the end of it.

The OP says the actors' roles, not the characters' roles.

There's no denying that what he did was creepy, but she fell in love with him of her own accord.

The ship is fucked sideways if he doesn't wake her up, so it's justifiable.

>implying anyone remembers the character's names.

Yeah, but he didn't know that at the time he woke her up.

In a way it's a spiritual movie because fate was clearly at work here.

Pratt's character is easy to remember because it's the same name as Bale's character in Equilibrium, and Aurora is just a nice name.

But more importantly let's talk about an unshaven J-Law.

I'm sorry but all the people in this thread saying this movie isn't garbage are just awful awful human beings

I have to assume this post is referencing something but I'm not sure what. Some overly emotional e-celeb?

Look how evil Chris Pratt looks in that poster. Makes me want to see a film where he is downright villainous. Like, American Psycho but with Chris Pratt.

I liked it, but I was also pissed at it because it's literally >Chad and Stacy: the Space Adventure
and just reminded me if I was in Chris's shoes, the girl would accuse me of rape before killing herself because she'd rather be dead then be the only one alive with me.

I think most people rank it pretty low because it was mostly a character piece, not a whole lot of action. the closest you get to some is when the reactor was being fixed, and even then it was over in a flash. Overall the acting was decent, at least that I noticed, then again I've never cared too much about that. Writing was decent too - there's a twist in the ending that I'm sure most people saw coming. Overall I enjoyed it enough to see it twice.

I could imagine women seeing Passengers as a film glorifying/justifying/rationalizing stalkers. However, most women would like being on a ship with Chris Pratt. If Pratt's character was uglier, maybe they'd be more horrified.

If Jlaw woke Pratt up, he'd probably be happy getting to fuck JLaw in space until the day he died.

The good looks of both stars kind of make the plot more palatable.

Creepy is based on "Am I attracted to him or not?" If he's attractive it's not creepy.

Do you mean garbage in what his character did and how it gets turned into a romance?

Because Life was bigger garbage than Passengers.

I would really hope that action is not the biggest factor that critics use to determine a movie's quality.

First half hour was shit and I actually managed to catch some shut eye. The rest of film after I woke up was really good. If they cut out the beginning or drastically cut it down, the film would have been a lot better.

Frankly I'm a bit surprised Pratt is considered handsome. He always has these bags under his eyes that make him look kind of psychopathic. It's not just this role either, he has them in every movie and show he's been in.

>deleted scene
>she calls him on future skype
>acts really sexyor as sexy as she possibly can to lure him in
>"I never liked you I was just bored and your dick is surprisingly small"
>pratt rolls over in tears
>they actually deleted this scene

Why? in the movie it felt like she forgave him too easily

I liked the deleted scene where he got cucked by Arthur the Bartender.

>implying brawny psychopath isn't every woman's type

>t. brainlet tourist film embryo that watches only fedoracore trash

watch more film or get off my board

I like the deleted scene where you were both personally executed by Donald Trump for making up deleted scenes.

The movie mentions that interstellar travel is the most lucrative business in the future, but how? How would taking 200+ years to bus a bunch of people across the galaxy benefit anyone? I understand that these people sort of become company's slaves for life, but again, seems like a really long term investment

If "film" refers to boring artsy-fartsy shit like Under the Skin then I'll stick with my fedoracore trash, thank you very much. And I'll also stay right here.

i assume earth is such a hellhole by then, everybody is selling all of their belongings just to get off this godforsaken rock

Did anyone else notice the enormous number of Indians in the "digital artist" credits? I usually zone out and just listen to the music but I noticed a huge block of text on the screen and it made me realize almost every fucking name was Indian.

Unlikely, JLaw's character is so rich she afforded a two-way ticket just to write a stupid book.

5:30, goob trotter
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntf00HkGktE

Maybe all the white people are abandoning Earth to start a new white planet. It's like Elysium but farther away.

>I have absolutely no interest in exploring the medium at all except for terrible pandering candy for manchildren

yikes, what a pathetic person

>yikes, what a pathetic person
Oh, we're describing ourselves, are we? Alright, here's mine:
Wow, what a marvelous Adonis!

White people will be extinct long before then

Good riddance.

Is Chris Pratt really white?

Is J-Law asian?

This film was released in the wrong era, where people are fixated on calling anything that portrays a man as anything less than perfect "problematic."

yo like hold up, i have conflicted feelings about this

on the one hand i'll never have to compete with travel size penises that aren't charged extra as a carry on, on the other hand i can't scoop snow bunnies and am stuck with hood bitches like shanice and shanaynay

>Ladies love the dress blues.
Kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gksxu-yeWcU

Why doesn't he just do a video actually rearranging it instead of talking about it in his nerdy-ass voice? Also his video description advertises haircuts or some shit?

Yo.

What?

I liked it but I think he should have died at the end then it would have been really memorable, because now shes in his position.

I think it's harder for a man to live without a woman than it is for a woman to live without a man.

>Jennifer Lawrence visibly drowns
>miraculously wakes up when the bubble falls

K

If he'd died she still would have discovered that she could use the medbay to go back into stasis and would have had no reason not to with him gone. She's not an idiot.

It's Jennifer Lawrence, I'm pretty sure she's immortal.

That is a very good point.

I liked the movie. I liked the characters.

>2500 females to chose from
>Picks Jlaw
Are they serious?

The force of falling down pushed all the water out of her lungs.

Plus she's Jennifer Lawrence so all the braincells that died due to oxygen deprivation didn't really make a difference.

she looked gorgeous in this movie

shame about her personality though

>she looked gorgeous in this movie

she looks like a pudgy potato in every movie

guess that's just my taste

or lack of it

no need to be rude

It's ass and if you like it you're ass as well.

THERE'S A REASON THEY WOKE UP
>A rock hit the ship in the first scene

Lawrence's character is literally nothing else but a boring plot device which thrown away once he's served his singular purpose

>Oh there's no way to go back to sleep
>hehe NEVERMIND these smart spacescientists are so far up their ass only 1/5000+ can go back should something go wrong

Hehe we are dancing! So quirky!
Hehe breakfast!

Don't even get me started on Jennifer Lawrence.

This movie carries no depth or continuity.
The ONLY decent (!) things are the visuals

Jennifer Lawrence is the slobbering unkempt great dane version of Haley Bennett

Rank the following:
Passengers
Life
Interstellar
Sunshine

As for me
Interstellar > Sunshine > Passengers > Life

Passengers may not be very good, but it's way better than Life.

>Lawrence
Meant Laurence Fishburne of course

Haven't seen Life or Sunshine yet, but I'll rank a bunch of sci fi for you

1. 2001
2. Alien
3. Solaris (1972)
4. Moon
5. Interstellar
6. Gravity
7. Passengers

At the top of my head, these are in order of how much I liked them
There's a hard powergap between 5 and 6

Jennifer Lawrence is widely regarded for her looks, that's why her nudes leaking was such a big deal. Are you retarded?

Haven't seen Life, Interstellar or Sunshine but I imagine Arrival is better than all of them.

They said this had literally never happened in thousands of voyages. Now, I don't know how to rationalize them somehow never running into problems with space rocks until then, but this clearly is a one in a million chance of happening.

I think Passengers had an interesting idea. And I think those other scifi movies also had interesting ideas, although Gravity not so much.

i need an opinion,

should i watch this?

I'm told that Interstellar is just a cheap ripoff of Gunbuster so I've never bothered with it.

Yes. Do it.

I would say
Interstellar > Sunshine > Arrival

>i need an opinion
>OP says "This was pretty good."
What more do you need?

Wasn't Sunshine the one where they laugh and then the thing explodes? Not too keen on that.

You'd think, realistically, that if that were to be the case, a team of scientists would've been prepared with safety measures onboard with the sole intention of protecting themselves from legal action.

>Be me
>Wake up
>90 years before
>My life is now ruined
>End up calling earth, even though it's expensive as shit
>Have space-lawsuit
>Win
>Make company broke
>Die in 90 years

Unfortunately, communication to earth is way too slow. He couldn't possibly get a reply for 55 years, minimum.

It's like Buried. They're fucking him over but he can't do anything about it within his lifetime.

I don't know about you guys but in about 5 or 10 years,I'd be looking to trade up for a younger hotter waifu.

Think about it, there must be thousands or at least hundreds of 10's on ice.

they had spare parts for everything on the ship, why not build another med sleep machine?

stop it vin diesel

Very good point, he could have woken up a little girl and it wouldn't have mattered if she found out he did it because she'd have been too young to comprehend the meaning of it. He could have spent those years grooming her to his liking. Hell, he could have built up a nice little harem.

>only 1 medpod on a ship with thousands of people

No? I don't remember that part, and I just saw some of it again today.

I'm afraid I don't understand the joke behind these posts.

I was thinking more along the lines of he's 45 she's 20, but what ever you want it's not like the space police are coming for you

>if Sup Forums wrote passengers
kys

>>if Sup Forums wrote passengers it wouldn't have been generic bland shit

fixed that for you user

the story would have been more interesting if it was Michael Shannon deciding to awaken pic related, and she isn't some bullshit writer, but instead the only child of two plantary explorers who were killed during expedition

the film could engage with issues of isolation, madness that develops from isolation, forbidden love, statutory limits, a "The Collector" type of interaction, until the other crew member awakens, and that crew member is a harsh disciplinarian, played by Al Pacino

I like how the greentext wasn't enough - you really wanted us to know you were from Reddit, hence the "kys."

no, user seems to be saying in passengers he should have woken up more lolis to have 90 years of loli time with them, and then discarded them into space when they got too old

if feminists hated passengers before, Sup Forums really knows how to make it worse for feminists

That really is the most beautiful part. He could have so many girls calling him daddy and nobody would be able to do anything about it. Imagine how different this movie could have been if someone like that had woken up.

Arrival was so self-important that it slowed the pace to drag. I fell asleep three times through the mid portion. And the endpiece was bullshit.

no i'm saying if he wanted passengers to be about child grooming, he should literally kill himself, perhaps by buying a bag of charcoal and a small hibachi and burning the charcoal indoors while he shitposts on Sup Forums

>I fell asleep during the movie so I literally didn't see the whole thing, and I somehow think I have any right to criticize the plot.