Is it possible to "make it" in acting if you're ugly?

is it possible to "make it" in acting if you're ugly?

voice acting

absolutely not

If you get enough surgery maybe, but being attractive is the most important thing

Adam. Driver.

Are you Jewish?

Depends on how "ugly" you are. If you are just normal ugly, guess it is not enough, but if you are impressive "ugly", you probably can make it.

yes, most of the stars are butt ugly monkeys

Michael Cera
Steve Buscemi
Nick Nolte
Benedict Cumberbatch
Samuel L Jackson
Anjelica Huston
Michael Keaton
Jonah Hill
Wesley Snipes
Sylvester Stallone
Whoopi Goldberg
Matt Smith

Which ugly actors are you uglier than?

Only if you're Jew or Italian or can play some convincing Jew and Italian characters.

Left out Willem Dafoe

Yes. Trust me.
Also this.
Also these kind of. Find an actor you share some characteristics with. You'll feel better auditioning.

>Steve Buscemi
>unattractive
Go fuck yourself Steve is a hottie.

Yes, if you are talented or have connections

Yes if you want to play the dorky, ugly character.

I'm not ugly but I have a moonface like Paul Dano

What if you're handsome, but have a boring deep emotionless voice?

Adam Driver played the lead male love interest in a hit HBO series for years and is the main villain in the new Star Wars TRILOGY

yes, he dated a whale for most of the show but banged exclusively hot chicks outside of that/was written to be alpha, and he's an emotional brat in SW, but still, they're roles that 99% of working pretty boy actors would murder to have

Practice changing it.

those guys aren't really ugly though, just different or unique looking

also they're in comedy

>Find an actor you share some characteristics with
like personality wise? or looks wise?

you can work on emotions but deep is a god-given gift that can take you far

>like personality wise? or looks wise?
Looks. You should always be yourself.

post your pic

Adrien Brody
Paul Giamatti
Alfie Allen
Danny Trejo
John Goodman

If you're ugly but you have talent, you should be aiiiight

no

i look a little bit like conor mcgregor I've been told, but my nose is smaller and I have bad skin

At some point you become so absurd looking they'll want you

Sure, you can be a character actor. Just find a niche that you can fill.

conor mcgregor isn't unattractive and go see a dermatologist. that description is a decent profile for strong, serious character work (you don't have goofy proportions more suited for comedy, etc.)

the fact that you're posting on Sup Forums for a self-esteem boost is strong evidence you don't have the talent or the drive to make it, but your mug probably isn't an issue.

Nick Nolte was People's most beautiful person of the year.

Dude was handsome as fuck before all the booze took its toll.

I've seen one, only thing that's helped so far was Accutane but that had the unfortunate side effect of depersonalization and becoming suicidal so I had to stop it.

not really looking for a self esteem boost, i guess i'm just feeling really unsure as to whether I should call it and get a "real" job for the rest of my god forsaken life

>I'M UGLY
No, you're poor. Go see a dermatologist/personal stylist/personal trainer/dentist/hairstylist and unfuck your shit.

Jonah Hill has a pretty face, dude.

JUST

Absolutely, but it isn't about looks. Acting is all about being in the right place at the right time. Other than that it's connections, and we aren't talking about the type you can build by 'networking'.

Just look at Jackedman. He meets Russell Crowe by some coincidence, who tells him to try acting out, and he stays a who until X-Men, and he only got that role because their first preference was hung up on Eyes Wide Shut, which was taking too long to finish because of Kubrick's autism.

And that's just with Hollywood-tier fame acting. It's easier to make it to the B-tier, but fuck me if that wouldn't be a pathetic life. I imagine all B-grade actors live their lives clinging on the the hope that someone from Hollywood would notice them, but they never do.

>He meets Russell Crowe by some coincidence

You're thinking of Henry Cavill. Hugh Jackman graduated from drama school in Australia. He always wanted to be an actor.

Yes.

Jackman is also only five or so years younger than Crowe lol.

>I imagine all B-grade actors live their lives clinging on the the hope that someone from Hollywood would notice them, but they never do.
Or maybe B-tier actors are just happy to have steady work without craving a higher level of fame?

>it's easier to make it to b-tier

what do you consider b-tier? "b-tier" celebrities still go on talk shows and get frequent parts and live off acting...that's pretty much the dream right there